2013 Ram 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:
The 8 speed makes this truck, along with the Interior.....
By 2013laramie on 10/17/14 15:26 PM (PDT)

2013 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I am in love with the 13 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 8speed Hemi! The engine and 8speed trans is buttery smooth and the 8 speed allows you to really harness the 400hp hemi making it VERY fun to drive. The interior is rated TOP TEN in the world versus any other vehicle on the road! Yes, it is that nice. I drove the 6.2l and Ecoboost Ford F150 and while it was good, the trans is nothing close to the 8 speed and the interior is cheesy at best. I drove the 2014 Chevy and with all the vibration and recall issues,I would not touch it with a 50ft pole, not when spending 45k+. My best advice is, don't think of this as a RAM of old, this is a completely new animal. Very Awesome! MPG is also unreal 17.5ave!!

The best and worst
By janix on 07/14/14 14:22 PM (PDT)

2013 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Hemi. I've owned 3 hemi vehicles: Charger, Challenger, Ram. I've put a lot of miles on the hemi and know how reliable they are, very! Never once had an issue. Yes, they make noises such as ticking and will from day one. They are bullet proof. No burning oil, no cut-outs, lots and lots of power. In the Ram with the windows up, it's very quiet. I mean VERY quiet. Compared against our Porsche Cayenne and Infinity G35; the Ram is the most Quiet, I kid you not. The ride is very smooth. This is easily our favorite car. Nothing like working hard, loading that truck up with supplies to finish our yard, and still having more power and better gas mileage than our Cayenne. Grows on you!!!

Best truck for the money
By zaretroc on 02/09/14 06:11 AM (PST)

2013 Ram 1500 HFE 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased this model in 9/13. This truck has the 3.7 6 cylinder mated to to Rams 8 speed automatic with active grill shutters which automatically close at highway speeds for economy. Its rated at 17 city, and 25 hwy. I have never gotten less than 20mpg in the city! The ride is smooth and comfortable, the design beats the domestic rivals hands down in looks and driveability. I got my Tradesman with power windows, locks, satellite radio, cruise, remote tail gate locking, tow package, bedliner etc for under 23,000. Guys you wont find a nicer better looking, and driving truck for this amount. I give it 5 stars. Plus free 5yr roadside assistance and 100k power train warranty

New Truck Just Quit
By qaz2 on 01/21/14 02:20 AM (PST)

2013 Ram 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We bought the RAM 1500 in Feb 2013. It ran great for 9000 miles, averaging 22 mpg city/25 mpg highway. On a trip to the Florida Keys, the "check engine" symbol was displayed flashing and the truck automatically shut down while we were traveling at 60 mph on a busy highway. VERY unsafe condition. We finally were towed to a dealership. They replaced an ignition coil. Five miles later it happened again. Had to get towed once again. Dealership found that it was a short in the wiring bundle. Problem finally fixed. Overall cost to us - $400 (rental cars, hotels, etc.). Called RAM to see if they would provide some compensation, and they said sorry about that. Nice support there.

Very Poor Electrical systems
By djennings1 on 11/21/13 16:47 PM (PST)

2013 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

My husband & I bought a 2013 Ram 1500 V8-Hemi fully loaded Lonestar package 6 months ago. Electrical problems: Ram box, glove box & reading lights inoperable; Cruise control & traction control dash lights staying on. Mechanical: Check engine light came on due to a faulty injector -required replacement. Not once were we offered a rental car although we purchased the add on comprehensive Zurich vehicle service contract. All repairs required 3 different visits lasting multiple days. We just learned the odometer is reading at least 15 miles above driving speed. We will return for our 4th repair visit tomorrow. We traded a 2003 Dodge ram we drove 10 years that we loved. Very dissappointed!

This is a luxury truck, not a job site truck
By eichler34 on 09/23/13 17:20 PM (PDT)

2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn Edition 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I've got 8000 miles on my truck now, it's white with gold two tone, with the cattle tan interior. I intentionally avoided the laser etched filigree seats as to me, it would have been too much country. Options I have are the 8 speed rotary dial transmission, the multi-level air suspension, Rambox storage, and each of those options to me are an absolute necessity when getting this top of the line model.

Unimpressed
By roger126 on 08/30/13 13:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Can't believe that this is the truck of the year! Have about 2000 miles on it and have scheduled second trip to dealer to try to fix the radio. The touch screen goes black and I can't control the radio. I also have had on several occasions where when I turn the key nothing happens. If I take the key out and try again, then it will start. Not very comfortable feeling if I want to take it out into the woods. I will give it credit for fuel economy with the 6 cyl and 8 speed transmission. Not sure if I like the dial shifter. In light of the other electronic issues I am not confident that will not become an issue down the road. The ride is good, the paint was not the best quality

Awesome experience!!
By tyler_lopes on 07/23/13 14:46 PM (PDT)

2013 Ram 1500 Tradesman 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6A)

If you want a truck this is the truck to get! First off what's better than a hemi?! This is most fun I've ever had driving a vehicle in my life and I've also owned a charger. It's definitely a truck that I would buy more than once and I could drive it for years.

2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Express 4x4 Quad w/ Hemi
By jason134 on 06/17/13 21:01 PM (PDT)

2013 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Drove 2013 f150 STX 4x4 ext cab, 7k discount, priced at $27k. Decent truck but kinda cheap interior, just felt it was overall average. Toyota wasnt even close asking 33k for similar equipped truck as ford. And Toyota doesn't discount! Poo poo to them, their vehicles have had lots of issues lately and Tundra is dated. Dodge had the quad express hemi 4x4 discounted 11k down to 24k! Drove it and felt more refined, smooth ride, powerful and great interior. Honestly has everything needed. Navigation, leather, and backup camera are really the only things missing in the express. I get 18mpg combined driving too! No Joke! Friend has ecoboost f150 and he can't get 18mpg and he doesn't have a hemi!

Beware
By rexer on 05/28/13 06:57 AM (PDT)

2013 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought a brand new 2013 RAM 1500 and must admit that it was my first brand new purchase for a vehicle. I got a couple blocks away from the dealership when all of a sudden steam and smoke started pouring out from under the hood. I looked down at the temp guage and it was slightly below the red mark. I pulled over and popped the hood and found a rad hose not attached to engine. I called the dealership who sent a tech out to meet me (later found out that the hose is given a plastic peice at the factory to assit in assembly and it was never removed causing the hose to fall off under pressure). I spoke with the dealership and Chrysler Canada and was told too bad basically, your stuck with it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ram 1500 in VA is:

$172 per month*