Used 2013 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Ray's Review
By Ray Tomlinson

2013 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

A great performing, comfortable and classy truck...I am comfortable taking high-level clients with me during the week and being available to help others who need a pickup truck to haul whatever on the weekend. Actually feel as though I am getting what I paid for!

No more ram
By Khan

2013 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Because of dodge ram customer service I am never going to buy ram again also very bad trucks

The 8 speed makes this truck, along with the Interior.....
By 2013laramie

2013 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I am in love with the 13 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 8speed Hemi! The engine and 8speed trans is buttery smooth and the 8 speed allows you to really harness the 400hp hemi making it VERY fun to drive. The interior is rated TOP TEN in the world versus any other vehicle on the road! Yes, it is that nice. I drove the 6.2l and Ecoboost Ford F150 and while it was good, the trans is nothing close to the 8 speed and the interior is cheesy at best. I drove the 2014 Chevy and with all the vibration and recall issues,I would not touch it with a 50ft pole, not when spending 45k+. My best advice is, don't think of this as a RAM of old, this is a completely new animal. Very Awesome! MPG is also unreal 17.5ave!!

8.4 Uconnect infotainment system, HEMI, 8 Speed Trans, Ridiculously nice interior. Comfortable ride.

Better tires off the lot, the goodyears are aweful. Also make sure you road force balance tires.

The best and worst
By janix

2013 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Hemi. I've owned 3 hemi vehicles: Charger, Challenger, Ram. I've put a lot of miles on the hemi and know how reliable they are, very! Never once had an issue. Yes, they make noises such as ticking and will from day one. They are bullet proof. No burning oil, no cut-outs, lots and lots of power. In the Ram with the windows up, it's very quiet. I mean VERY quiet. Compared against our Porsche Cayenne and Infinity G35; the Ram is the most Quiet, I kid you not. The ride is very smooth. This is easily our favorite car. Nothing like working hard, loading that truck up with supplies to finish our yard, and still having more power and better gas mileage than our Cayenne. Grows on you!!!

My favorite feature is the lack of NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness). This truck is so quiet and so smooth it surprises you. The transmission too. I don't have the 8 speed; wish I did. Haven't had any issues with my trans and LOVE the computer shift points. The tow-haul mode is awesome. The computer changes the shift points and they're perfect. If you slow down with a load, the transmission downshifts with no jerking, engine rev matches and it's like the perfect simulated heel-toe while pressing the brake. The torque is fantastic, was shocked how easily it pulls. Shift points up hills are perfect. Air Conditioning is also really good, better than our G35 and Cayenne.

This is an improvement to you if you buy it. Get some air bags. If you can afford it pay for the air ride; it's a reliable system. Big rig trucks use air rides and from what I've read they didn't skimp on the Rams air suspension. The coils will sag. For $300 you can install air bags inside your coils that are adjustable. It'll keep your ride from sagging too much. If you pull a big load get a tow bar like everyone should anyway. The bags will level the truck like one with leaf springs, but you'll want a tow bar because it's the proper and safe thing to do. Speaking of, jumped in an f-150 and was shocked by the body roll just jumping in. The Ram with coils somehow doesn't roll as much.

Best truck for the money
By zaretroc

2013 Ram 1500 HFE 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased this model in 9/13. This truck has the 3.7 6 cylinder mated to to Rams 8 speed automatic with active grill shutters which automatically close at highway speeds for economy. Its rated at 17 city, and 25 hwy. I have never gotten less than 20mpg in the city! The ride is smooth and comfortable, the design beats the domestic rivals hands down in looks and driveability. I got my Tradesman with power windows, locks, satellite radio, cruise, remote tail gate locking, tow package, bedliner etc for under 23,000. Guys you wont find a nicer better looking, and driving truck for this amount. I give it 5 stars. Plus free 5yr roadside assistance and 100k power train warranty

8 speed automatic transmission and 305 hp V6 with flex fuel capabilities. Quiet ride with tons of features in a base model.

• SUV