Best Truck on the market.
By nclemons1985 on
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)
Bought a Dakota 4.7L 4WD. Traded it in 4 months later for a 2012 4WD Ram with a Hemi. Right off the bat I noticed a huge difference between this truck and the others I have owned in the past. More power than I need. Which is a good thing. It accelerates and tows up a hill like it is not there. Very comfortable ride. I barely noticed bumps in the road I noticed with my Dakota. It's the smoothest shifting vehicle I have ever driven. My girlfriend didn't understand the big deal until she drove it herself. Now she wants a Ram. She hated trucks before she drove it. My favorite part: More power than Ford, Toyota, Nissan, GMC and Chevy yet priced better.
Favorite Features
Acceleration is the trucks number 1 quality. it takes off like a sports car when you floor it. It is just as impressive accelerating when towing. 2) How comfortable a ride it is. I drive 3 hours from Fort Drum to Rochester. With other vehicles it became an annoying drive. In the Ram it seems like time flies. 3) I cannot believe how smooth the truck shifts. You don't even notice the truck is shifting unless your intentionally paying attention. 4) The girlfriend Loves it too. 5) The truck is by far the nicest looking on the market. Sharp and eye appealing. 6) I live in New York. 4WD is a must. This truck cruises easy at 55 mph down snowy roads. The traction Control and 4WD is awesome.
Suggested Improvements
The truck is perfect. However there is 1 flaw. In the middle of the back seat it concaves. The safest place in a vehicle for a baby is rear facing in the middle back seat. With the Concave seat only certain Baby Car Seats fit back there safely. An easy fix. We just found a Car Seat that worked with the Concave seat. However we couldn't get the one we wanted.