Ram 1500 First 3 Months 26 to 1750 miles.
By flatchewlant on
2012 Ram 1500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6A)
2012 Ram 1500 | Tradesman | 4.7L 4x4 std bed | Towing package. After doing three months of research, I chose Ram. Got a great deal with MFR rebates and additional money off. Would have like to go with Ford but it was out of my price range. I do love my Ram and chose the most basic with the least amount of bling. I really just wanted a truck to move, pull and do general truck stuff. Got tired of hauling firewood with my minivan... maybe you saw my butt draggin along the highway?? lol! No More :) Looks impressive in Black! Interior is nice, seats are comfortable. I have a light foot :Mileage 16 city and about 20 hwy. I try not to hit it hard, but it will move when I need it to.
Favorite Features
I love the ride height and the look of the hood from the drivers position. Easy to put into 4x4. Love the steering wheel feel and HVAC controls are nice. Stock radio sounds fine although the voice recognition sucks! Apparently Chrysler didn't write/buy a good VR program. Although it does connect fine with my iPhone 4s and I can dial from the iPhone and it goes through the system perfectly. The digital info for truck/engine info is cool but could use more things in there for customization.
Suggested Improvements
First and foremost, a better VR program! I would like to see a few more spots to put loose change and such in the dash near the driver position. I know I went for basic, but I just didn't realize that a lock on the glove box was 'extra'! Really?? I bought one from the Mopar eStore for $15 and haven't installed it yet. I bought the Ram Slush Mats (they fit OK- not perfect, so if I had to do it over, I'd look for 3rd party mats). I also bought the Ram Molded Splash Guards to help keep the dirt off the bottom of the door sill area and in general keep it a bit cleaner, but have not installed them yet. Also, a second interior light would be nice, I have the basic mid-rear ceiling light.