2012 Ram 1500 Consumer Review: Almost Perfect

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Review

Almost Perfect
By qmg on

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my 2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab "Outoorsman" for just about a year now. Without a doubt the most comfortable and well appointed vehicle I've ever owned. Absolutely no issues that sometimes plague new cars. Car like ride on the road, very quiet for a big truck, yet very capable off road. The off road ride is head and shoulders above any other full size truck. A bit on the expensive side for a truck but all vehicles seem to be excessively priced these days. Gas mileage on the 5.7L Hemi obviously isn't that great but you don't buy a full size truck if fuel economy is priority #1

There a lot to love about the Ram 1500. Pardon the cliche but this is without a doubt a man sized truck. Plenty of headroom, legroom and whatever else room you may need. Seats are very comfortable. The new suspension on the Ram makes the on road ride rival my wife's Infinity for smoothness and road noise, but off road the Ram is head and shoulders above all others. On a recent outing in the mountains my Ram handled some pretty nasty roads without a problem. As my buddy's leaf spring equipped truck bounced all over the road, the Ram seemed almost Jeep like. Not sure how to explain it, other than to say the Ram seemed much better equipped than my buddy's F-150.

Hmmm. I love this truck and can't think of anything I'd change on it. I promise I don't work for Dodge or a dealership. I guess the touchscreen could be a little simpler to use and the steering wheel controls are confusing until you get used to it. Overall this is an awesome truck with a car like ride, almost zero road noise a cool built in hard drive to download music and pictures onto, nav, bluetooth, etc., etc. etc. OK, since this is supposed to be the negative, the 17" OEM wheels are pretty blah, and the headlights seem a bit underpowered