2012 Ram 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:
Ram Limited 4x4
By efs101 on 10/10/12 20:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first true truck(non-SUV) I"ve owned. Got it for towing, but needed something appropriate for office. Man does this thing fit the bill. Sharp and functional. Fantastic, smooth ride, and it responds almost effortlessly when you hit the accelerator. As comfortable as most luxury cars. After test driving Ford and GMC equivlents, for me this was an easy choice. This is simply a better looking, more comfortable ride. Yes I gave up a few 100 lbs towing capacity to other choices, but premium ride is worth the trade-off.

worried
By phatdad on 09/30/12 11:01 AM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After owning fords for 22 years I bought this Ram 1500. I love the power and the interior features. Worried about floppy rear windows that rattle when down. It also shudders between 35-45 mph when not accelerating hard. With slight gas pedal the truck feels like its in the wrong gear. It feels like my f-150 that dropped a coil.

Ram Hemi Express 1500
By bonham5 on 09/18/12 05:37 AM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 R/T 2dr Regular Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The Ram Hemi Express... What a deal! Purchased my deep cherry red Express during Dodge Truck Month. I wanted a sripped down version but when I spotted this loaded jewel on the lot I took it. $21,400 out the door! Best bang and performance for the buck one can find in a new vehicle. Blistering performance with the very potent Hemi. Most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. Flawless operation in 7 months and 7000 miles since purchase.

window noise
By wwebbys on 09/08/12 11:58 AM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The rear windows on this model(Outdoorsman) seem to be loose. When they are partially down and driving there is a very loud bothering noise. I took it to the dealership. They said this normal for this model and year. I have owned F150s and a Frontier and never had this problem. Is anyone else having the issue?

2012 ram express
By core4 on 08/19/12 16:37 PM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a Ram express at the end of May. I am very pleased with the ride and build quality of the interior. I used it to pull my boat this summer and was impressed with the power of the Hemi. Fuel economy pulling the boat on the hghway was about 15-16. I am very light on the throttle and can get up to 18.2 driving to work everyday. That means letting the vehicle drop below 55 when going up hills to keep the ECO system engaged. I compared it to the ford before buying and the ford has a higher towing capacity around 10,000 vs 8500 lbs for the Ram. I can't remember towing over 4,000 lbs with any truck I ever had.

Cross-Shopped with Ford, Loved the Ram
By notafraid11 on 08/15/12 15:09 PM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After extensive shopping for a full-sized truck - mainly comparing it with the Ford F-150 XLT, I chose the Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Big Horn. It had the perfect mix of features I wanted (back-up camera, navigation) without having to have features I didn't necessarily want to pay for (leather, two-tone paint) that are available in the higher trim lines. Had to jump up to higher trim lines to get these features in the Ford. I also like the look of the Ram better than the Ford (as most seem to), and like its power delivery versus the Ford as well - EcoBoost in the Ford was not very smooth. This is an excellent truck - very high quality, great power, and a great mix of useful mid-line features.

No comparison!
By jseejr on 07/27/12 17:18 PM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd week with this truck, and I still havent wiped the smile off of my face from the first test drive. I drove the F-150, GMC Sierra, and the Toyota Tundra. None of these trucks compare to the Ram. Hemi performance is second to none. Nav, back up camera, Ram Box are all great features that other trucks charge an arm and a leg for. Pulls my trailer with ease. Great value for a great truck!

great preformance low gas milage
By on 07/04/12 11:05 AM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

bought this truck in feb 2012 it is roomy but is high off the ground makeing it a big step to get in but you addapt to it or get a step installed rides nice, but bit stiff on off road like a grass drive drive way iot will toss you left and right but on the road is great it was twichey stearing but they fixed it has the 3.93 gears and tow equipement MPG is at best 16 this with the VVD ( runs on 4, 6 or 8 cyl ) when advertised mpg is 20 big diffrence in cost to run but you can tow any thing with this and it will prefrorm when you push the pedel !

More of a muscle car with a bed
By lawman1967 on 06/28/12 13:40 PM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I went to my Ram dealer to buy a modern pickup truck, but came home with a 1960s muscle car instead. This thing is very fast, handles well in normal driving, but is crude and ponderous on twisty roads, just like those muscle cars of the 1960s. It even makes proper muscle car noises and wears one of the most famous muscle car badges. Of course, it IS a modern pickup truck, with all of the payload, towing ability and that commanding driving position that trucks have always provided. The quad cab actually has decent rear seat room, and all versions are very smooth and quiet on the highway. Ford makes a better truck, but doesn't come close to the actual market price.

2012 Big Horn 1500
By tbarkley on 06/20/12 10:09 AM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my 1500 for 2 months now and love it. Its a 2012 1500 "Big Horn" Crew Cab with a 5.7 HEMI. It has all the power in the world, smooth, comfortable ride, all the features I need plus more. I have not had a moments trouble with it. My only complaint is that I'm too short to reach over the bed sides from the ground very well (I'm 5'9").

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ram 1500 in VA is:

$111 per month*