Used 2012 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ram 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Very unhappy
By unhappy109

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Well I have a 2012 ram 1500 with 48000km on it was very pleased with it up until 2 days ago. When I hit a bump doing 40km breaking the lower control arm at the ball joint. I had it towed to the dealership where it was purchase after they took pictures of the broken arm and the rest of the damage done to the truck emailing them of to a engineer. They called me back telling me that I must have be mudding and they will not cover the damage to the truck. At this point I am very upset with the way they have treated this situation and made up there own story of what happened. Witch is not one bit true leaving me with a 4000 bill the truck will be fixed and I will be going back to chev.

Best Truck on the market.
By nclemons1985

2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a Dakota 4.7L 4WD. Traded it in 4 months later for a 2012 4WD Ram with a Hemi. Right off the bat I noticed a huge difference between this truck and the others I have owned in the past. More power than I need. Which is a good thing. It accelerates and tows up a hill like it is not there. Very comfortable ride. I barely noticed bumps in the road I noticed with my Dakota. It's the smoothest shifting vehicle I have ever driven. My girlfriend didn't understand the big deal until she drove it herself. Now she wants a Ram. She hated trucks before she drove it. My favorite part: More power than Ford, Toyota, Nissan, GMC and Chevy yet priced better.

Acceleration is the trucks number 1 quality. it takes off like a sports car when you floor it. It is just as impressive accelerating when towing. 2) How comfortable a ride it is. I drive 3 hours from Fort Drum to Rochester. With other vehicles it became an annoying drive. In the Ram it seems like time flies. 3) I cannot believe how smooth the truck shifts. You don't even notice the truck is shifting unless your intentionally paying attention. 4) The girlfriend Loves it too. 5) The truck is by far the nicest looking on the market. Sharp and eye appealing. 6) I live in New York. 4WD is a must. This truck cruises easy at 55 mph down snowy roads. The traction Control and 4WD is awesome.

The truck is perfect. However there is 1 flaw. In the middle of the back seat it concaves. The safest place in a vehicle for a baby is rear facing in the middle back seat. With the Concave seat only certain Baby Car Seats fit back there safely. An easy fix. We just found a Car Seat that worked with the Concave seat. However we couldn't get the one we wanted.

I tried the Chevy, came running back to the Hemi
By eillob

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Im a former Chevy guy had an 05 Chevy silverado Z71. There really is no comparison here. The Chevy was a great truck but it doesn't hold a candle to the Dodge. I went to look at the newer Chevy prior to buying the Ram and the Ram just outclasses the Chevy everywhere. Better interior, more features, better ride and WAY more power. The silverado feels like something is wrong under the hood after you drive the Hemi. You get way more for your money with the Dodge hands down.

Hemi Power

A tad more room in the quad cab would be nice. Put the stereo controls in the steering wheel.

Excellent Truck!
By bsalberts

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased the Ram 1500 ST Quad Cab 4x4 (Black). I've had the truck for 3 months now. No complaints. I love it. I owned a 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 before this and I must admit there is no comparison. The Ram is better in ride, comfort and in my opinion, performance. I love the sound of the 5.7 Hemi (390 hp) engine. Very aggressive. The outside of the vehicle looks great as well. I got the 20" chrome wheels, dual rear exhaust with bright tips and I also added a tonneau hard cover for the bed. Looks absolutely fantastic. It's perfect for commuting to the office or hauling toys on the weekend. Take one for a test drive. You will not be disappointed.

5.7 Hemi, 390hp; Dual Rear Exhaust with Bright Tips, 20" Chrome Wheels, Power Heated Mirrors, Sirius XM

Rear-Window Noise, Fuel Milage

2012 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 4.7L
By berobbins

2012 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the truck a few days ago after shopping Ford, Toyota and Ram. My first two choices were the Toyota and Ram because of their more aggressive style. The dealership offered such a good deal on the Ram it was difficult to pass up, so I didn't. I ended up getting more interior bling with Ram than I was going to get with Ford or Toyota and the ride is great. The truck is clean, drives well and very comfortable. My Outdoorsman came equipped with remote start, which will come in handy when I move to IL. Nice feature with it, is when you remote the truck, it locks the doors just in case you forgot to do so when you parked it. Plenty of room in the front and back seats even for me at 6'1

Favorite features: UConnect (even though it will not read text from my iPhone), easy to navigate touch screen controls, many USB power ports and an A/C port. Rear storage under seat, and in the read floor boards.

None that I can think of at this time. This truck is filling the need I bought it for.