Used 2012 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ram 1500

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Parts fail regularly
By Mike

2012 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck had an aftermarket rack & pinion when I bought it. This part failed and filled with fluid the day i bought it used with 25k miles. After "repairs" the pulley for the power steering pump broke taking the serpentine belt with it. Now 5k miles later my evaporator is able to leak all 26 oz of freon in less than 24 hours. DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE!

Like it but...
By tylerg4

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck in October (I live in maine),
I think the truck is good but I really do use it as a family truck and a work truck. It's is the best family truck but let's see what you get when you take it off road. Make sure to see pros and cons.

Power, reliability, on road performance.

Lifted more, REAL AND TRUE 4WD, Cooler rims, louder exaust, and better suspension If you put this to the floor in snow, 3 wheels will spin. It is crazy low in the front. I do suggest this truck to a family but definetly go to a 2500 for a work truck.

Get the hemi, get the crew get the RAM
By tylerg4

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I started off test driving a ford f-150 Eco boost, well when I put that thing to the floor it didn't spin and tj felt like a Prius on wheels
Then I went to the ram, I put it half way down and layed a black strip down the road. The hemi definitely has a lot of power!
I also got the crew can because I have kids. The crew cab is super roomy with storage everywhere. I also got the dual exaust which is nice although I wish it was slightly louder I won't complain.
Over all it's a great truck but there's one major thing I hate about dodges, which is rust, I noticed a quater inch rust spot that will be fixed immediately.

Power, noise reliablility

Add leaf springs instead of just coils and make a new paint job so no rust.

2012 Ram 1500 Express
By enriquef

2012 Ram 1500 R/T 2dr Regular Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is pure American muscle. If you like power, reliability, comfort, mad swag, and POWER this is the truck for you. Accelerates like a sports car with the 5.7L Hemi, which means it get to 60+ mph REAL FAST. Purchased new for $18,500 (~$22,500 after tax/reg. and a 7 yr./100K mi. warranty). After 2.5 years and 35,000 mi., it still runs and feels like new. I've taken it cross-county on business with no problems. The exterior design induces countless head-turns on the regular by truck lovers of all types. The interior is spacious. There's plenty of room for attractive shotgun-riders.

(1) Hemi; (2) Voluminous Cab; (3) Handling/Turn Radius; (4) I have a theory that the air conditioner, if removed from the truck and placed into a 1700sq.ft. home, could easily keep the tempurature of said home at a constant 68* on hot, humid, summer day; (5) Quiet Cab.

(1) Placement of the assisting handle located on the doorframe is awkwardly placed. If placed higher along the door frame, it would more effectively serve its purpose. (2) A light switch located on the interior cab light would be convenient.

Very unhappy
By unhappy109

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Well I have a 2012 ram 1500 with 48000km on it was very pleased with it up until 2 days ago. When I hit a bump doing 40km breaking the lower control arm at the ball joint. I had it towed to the dealership where it was purchase after they took pictures of the broken arm and the rest of the damage done to the truck emailing them of to a engineer. They called me back telling me that I must have be mudding and they will not cover the damage to the truck. At this point I am very upset with the way they have treated this situation and made up there own story of what happened. Witch is not one bit true leaving me with a 4000 bill the truck will be fixed and I will be going back to chev.