Used 2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Like it but...
By tylerg4

2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck in October (I live in maine), I think the truck is good but I really do use it as a family truck and a work truck. It's is the best family truck but let's see what you get when you take it off road. Make sure to see pros and cons.

Favorite Features

Power, reliability, on road performance.

Suggested Improvements

Lifted more, REAL AND TRUE 4WD, Cooler rims, louder exaust, and better suspension If you put this to the floor in snow, 3 wheels will spin. It is crazy low in the front. I do suggest this truck to a family but definetly go to a 2500 for a work truck.

2012 Ram 1500 Express
By enriquef

2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab R/T 2dr Regular Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is pure American muscle. If you like power, reliability, comfort, mad swag, and POWER this is the truck for you. Accelerates like a sports car with the 5.7L Hemi, which means it get to 60+ mph REAL FAST. Purchased new for $18,500 (~$22,500 after tax/reg. and a 7 yr./100K mi. warranty). After 2.5 years and 35,000 mi., it still runs and feels like new. I've taken it cross-county on business with no problems. The exterior design induces countless head-turns on the regular by truck lovers of all types. The interior is spacious. There's plenty of room for attractive shotgun-riders.

Favorite Features

(1) Hemi; (2) Voluminous Cab; (3) Handling/Turn Radius; (4) I have a theory that the air conditioner, if removed from the truck and placed into a 1700sq.ft. home, could easily keep the tempurature of said home at a constant 68* on hot, humid, summer day; (5) Quiet Cab.

Suggested Improvements

(1) Placement of the assisting handle located on the doorframe is awkwardly placed. If placed higher along the door frame, it would more effectively serve its purpose. (2) A light switch located on the interior cab light would be convenient.

Ram Hemi Express 1500
By bonham5

2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab R/T 2dr Regular Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The Ram Hemi Express... What a deal! Purchased my deep cherry red Express during Dodge Truck Month. I wanted a sripped down version but when I spotted this loaded jewel on the lot I took it. $21,400 out the door! Best bang and performance for the buck one can find in a new vehicle. Blistering performance with the very potent Hemi. Most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. Flawless operation in 7 months and 7000 miles since purchase.

Favorite Features

Hemi Power! Comfort Visibility Styling Color and paint scheme I love everything about it!

Suggested Improvements

Dodge-Don't change a perfect thing and screw it up. You got it right the first try.

The Ram Express is a winner!
78,304 of 78,304 people found this review helpful
By ramilia2012

2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2012 Dodge Ram Express in October of 2012. I fell in love at first sight, or maybe at that point it was lust. Nonetheless, within the first mile of the test drive I was in love. This truck is exceptionally smooth and POWERFULL! It is not a truck, this thing is a Race Truck! If you like having plenty of power readily accessible you will be well pleased. I have installed an aftermarket intake on my Ram and imagine it has well over 400 horsepower. The ride and overall smoothness of the truck are incredible. People comment on how smooth it is. I would highly recommend the Ram to anyone. I have gotten 19mpg on a trip to and from the mountains in NC.

ram express
By express74

2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab R/T 2dr Regular Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I just picked up this 2012 ram 1500 with express package last week. Power windows, locks, st package with cloth 3.55 gears. I am completely impressed with this truck. My last 3 cars a 2004 mustang gt, 2005 mustang gt and 2009 vw gti. in comparison this truck is FASTER than the 04 gt and the gti while getting similar mileage. mds works great, i would never notice the switch between 8 and 4 if not for the little eco light on the dash. the ride and handling are excellent as is the refinement. interior design is well thought out and materials are high quality nearly equal to the gti(they are known for interior quality) the sound system is amazing for a "basic" truck, good sound quality and volume, low distortion. there are lots of cubbies and storage areas that my last cars lacked. 7 cup holders up front! the styling is very aggressive and handsome. I have modified most of my past cars but i cant think of anything i would change. the 20" wheels look great but may be hard to keep clean. I am blown away at the value of this truck. its amazing you can purchase this combination for such a low price. a few years ago a ford lighting offered similar performance, power to weight ratio for literally double the price or more, yet lacked the comfort and refinement available in this ram. if you haven't driven one GO NOW TO THE DEALER! every other truck on the market rides like a horse and carriage and none of them have the HEMI.

Favorite Features

hemi ride audio system room

Suggested Improvements

none.