Used 2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Ram Rip OFF
By Lee

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Check with an independent technician to verify that TSB 18-050-14 Rev A has not been preformed on vehicle. This TSB is for 2010 through 2014 Ram trucks with the 5.7L Hemi and 6 speed transmission. This TSB was done on my truck which changed my fuel economy from 17mpg to about 14mpg and killed the engine performance making my once fun to drive truck a lackluster DOG......THIS IS MY FIRST AND LAST CHRYSLER PRODUCT.

Parts fail regularly
By Mike

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck had an aftermarket rack & pinion when I bought it. This part failed and filled with fluid the day i bought it used with 25k miles. After "repairs" the pulley for the power steering pump broke taking the serpentine belt with it. Now 5k miles later my evaporator is able to leak all 26 oz of freon in less than 24 hours. DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE!

Very unhappy
By unhappy109

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Well I have a 2012 ram 1500 with 48000km on it was very pleased with it up until 2 days ago. When I hit a bump doing 40km breaking the lower control arm at the ball joint. I had it towed to the dealership where it was purchase after they took pictures of the broken arm and the rest of the damage done to the truck emailing them of to a engineer. They called me back telling me that I must have be mudding and they will not cover the damage to the truck. At this point I am very upset with the way they have treated this situation and made up there own story of what happened. Witch is not one bit true leaving me with a 4000 bill the truck will be fixed and I will be going back to chev.

Best Truck on the market.
By nclemons1985

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a Dakota 4.7L 4WD. Traded it in 4 months later for a 2012 4WD Ram with a Hemi. Right off the bat I noticed a huge difference between this truck and the others I have owned in the past. More power than I need. Which is a good thing. It accelerates and tows up a hill like it is not there. Very comfortable ride. I barely noticed bumps in the road I noticed with my Dakota. It's the smoothest shifting vehicle I have ever driven. My girlfriend didn't understand the big deal until she drove it herself. Now she wants a Ram. She hated trucks before she drove it. My favorite part: More power than Ford, Toyota, Nissan, GMC and Chevy yet priced better.

Acceleration is the trucks number 1 quality. it takes off like a sports car when you floor it. It is just as impressive accelerating when towing. 2) How comfortable a ride it is. I drive 3 hours from Fort Drum to Rochester. With other vehicles it became an annoying drive. In the Ram it seems like time flies. 3) I cannot believe how smooth the truck shifts. You don't even notice the truck is shifting unless your intentionally paying attention. 4) The girlfriend Loves it too. 5) The truck is by far the nicest looking on the market. Sharp and eye appealing. 6) I live in New York. 4WD is a must. This truck cruises easy at 55 mph down snowy roads. The traction Control and 4WD is awesome.

The truck is perfect. However there is 1 flaw. In the middle of the back seat it concaves. The safest place in a vehicle for a baby is rear facing in the middle back seat. With the Concave seat only certain Baby Car Seats fit back there safely. An easy fix. We just found a Car Seat that worked with the Concave seat. However we couldn't get the one we wanted.

I tried the Chevy, came running back to the Hemi
By eillob

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Im a former Chevy guy had an 05 Chevy silverado Z71. There really is no comparison here. The Chevy was a great truck but it doesn't hold a candle to the Dodge. I went to look at the newer Chevy prior to buying the Ram and the Ram just outclasses the Chevy everywhere. Better interior, more features, better ride and WAY more power. The silverado feels like something is wrong under the hood after you drive the Hemi. You get way more for your money with the Dodge hands down.

Hemi Power

A tad more room in the quad cab would be nice. Put the stereo controls in the steering wheel.

• SUV