2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:
Best Truck on the market.
By nclemons1985 on 02/26/14 01:05 AM (PST)

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a Dakota 4.7L 4WD. Traded it in 4 months later for a 2012 4WD Ram with a Hemi. Right off the bat I noticed a huge difference between this truck and the others I have owned in the past. More power than I need. Which is a good thing. It accelerates and tows up a hill like it is not there. Very comfortable ride. I barely noticed bumps in the road I noticed with my Dakota. It's the smoothest shifting vehicle I have ever driven. My girlfriend didn't understand the big deal until she drove it herself. Now she wants a Ram. She hated trucks before she drove it. My favorite part: More power than Ford, Toyota, Nissan, GMC and Chevy yet priced better.

I tried the Chevy, came running back to the Hemi
By eillob on 06/06/13 18:50 PM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Im a former Chevy guy had an 05 Chevy silverado Z71. There really is no comparison here. The Chevy was a great truck but it doesn't hold a candle to the Dodge. I went to look at the newer Chevy prior to buying the Ram and the Ram just outclasses the Chevy everywhere. Better interior, more features, better ride and WAY more power. The silverado feels like something is wrong under the hood after you drive the Hemi. You get way more for your money with the Dodge hands down.

Excellent Truck!
By bsalberts on 03/04/13 13:24 PM (PST)

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased the Ram 1500 ST Quad Cab 4x4 (Black). I've had the truck for 3 months now. No complaints. I love it. I owned a 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 before this and I must admit there is no comparison. The Ram is better in ride, comfort and in my opinion, performance. I love the sound of the 5.7 Hemi (390 hp) engine. Very aggressive. The outside of the vehicle looks great as well. I got the 20" chrome wheels, dual rear exhaust with bright tips and I also added a tonneau hard cover for the bed. Looks absolutely fantastic. It's perfect for commuting to the office or hauling toys on the weekend. Take one for a test drive. You will not be disappointed.

Almost Perfect
By qmg on 02/10/13 04:44 AM (PST)

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my 2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab "Outoorsman" for just about a year now. Without a doubt the most comfortable and well appointed vehicle I've ever owned. Absolutely no issues that sometimes plague new cars. Car like ride on the road, very quiet for a big truck, yet very capable off road. The off road ride is head and shoulders above any other full size truck. A bit on the expensive side for a truck but all vehicles seem to be excessively priced these days. Gas mileage on the 5.7L Hemi obviously isn't that great but you don't buy a full size truck if fuel economy is priority #1

Ram 1500 First 3 Months 26 to 1750 miles.
By flatchewlant on 01/07/13 16:21 PM (PST)

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6A)

2012 Ram 1500 | Tradesman | 4.7L 4x4 std bed | Towing package. After doing three months of research, I chose Ram. Got a great deal with MFR rebates and additional money off. Would have like to go with Ford but it was out of my price range. I do love my Ram and chose the most basic with the least amount of bling. I really just wanted a truck to move, pull and do general truck stuff. Got tired of hauling firewood with my minivan... maybe you saw my butt draggin along the highway?? lol! No More :) Looks impressive in Black! Interior is nice, seats are comfortable. I have a light foot :Mileage 16 city and about 20 hwy. I try not to hit it hard, but it will move when I need it to.

Good truck/bad rear window noise
By sumagolf on 12/16/12 13:45 PM (PST)

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

It seems quite quick and powerful on the highway.Smooth take off from a stop and very strong accelaration.Interior is good,exterior color is quite nice.Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl.I bought the truck because off the engine and the appearance.I sell automotive paint and bodyshop supplies.My vehicle appearance is very important as I am in dealerships daily.

great preformance low gas milage
By on 07/04/12 11:05 AM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

bought this truck in feb 2012 it is roomy but is high off the ground makeing it a big step to get in but you addapt to it or get a step installed rides nice, but bit stiff on off road like a grass drive drive way iot will toss you left and right but on the road is great it was twichey stearing but they fixed it has the 3.93 gears and tow equipement MPG is at best 16 this with the VVD ( runs on 4, 6 or 8 cyl ) when advertised mpg is 20 big diffrence in cost to run but you can tow any thing with this and it will prefrorm when you push the pedel !

More of a muscle car with a bed
By lawman1967 on 06/28/12 13:40 PM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I went to my Ram dealer to buy a modern pickup truck, but came home with a 1960s muscle car instead. This thing is very fast, handles well in normal driving, but is crude and ponderous on twisty roads, just like those muscle cars of the 1960s. It even makes proper muscle car noises and wears one of the most famous muscle car badges. Of course, it IS a modern pickup truck, with all of the payload, towing ability and that commanding driving position that trucks have always provided. The quad cab actually has decent rear seat room, and all versions are very smooth and quiet on the highway. Ford makes a better truck, but doesn't come close to the actual market price.

Nice Truck pour gas mileage
By rvaughnp1 on 04/11/12 18:47 PM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Really nice truck. For this model and price, i couldn't Ford or Chevy to come close as far as the amenities. I wish I had Ford Sync, and maybe some more gauges, i.e. oil, etc. I was not pleased with Chevy, unless you got into the higher lines (packages). The motor is so impressive. It is nothing to pass a vehicle on the highway. Watch the brakes on a 100 mph pass if you find yourself jumping back in between cars. I experienced a little swervy swervy in the front. The 4 wheel drive works great. The only issue I have noticed with the trans is that 1st gear extends a bit and releases abruptly. I have not realized any of the previous issues from the previous post except for the mileage.

Good truck....almost
By zerocontact on 04/01/12 06:06 AM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have a 2012 Ram 1500 "Express" 2 wheel drive quad cab. The truck rides superbly, has plenty of power (is actually quite quick), and is very spacious on the interior with plenty of storage and random nooks and crannys to put random things. Sound quality is good on stock stereo system and interior quality is good. HOWEVER, gas mileage is terrible (8-9 city, 13-14 highway). This is the truck for you if you love to search for gears, downshift randomly, have erratic RPMs at steady speed, idle at low RPMs to the point of the truck bogging out. I will be taking my truck to the service department with 982 miles showing on the odometer

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ram 1500 Quad-cab in WA is:

$156 per month*