Used 2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Tradesman Quadcab 4WD 4.7L("Semi-Hemi")
By Corey

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6A)

I got the best bang for my buck! I was a Ford guy all the way, but when their prices skyrocketed I had to consider another badge. I shopped around and found the "next gen 4.7" was actually a hemispheric engine with dual spark per cylinder which helps performance and fuel economy. My specific truck came with the Rambox and vinyl "pleather" which is actually plush and very comfortable. The new rear spring suspension provides the most comfortable full-size truck I've owned. My version seats 6 so the entire family fits comfortably without always taking the Expedition EL we own. I couldn't be happier that "Dodge" or "Ram, got it write finally!

2012 Was the Best Year!
By Craig Westmann

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

At 59,000 miles it's too soon to turn in the reliability score cards yet. So far there haven't been any serious issues, except for the sub par Nav system. The truck is as solid as the day it rolled off the show room floor. The paint and interior have held up great. It pulls strong and rides smooth. New tires at 50k miles improved the ride a lot. So did a servicing at 50k miles to change some fluids, filters, and clean up a few things. I drove it across the country from CA to FL and it hauled 600# of gear in the back no problem. Just remember if you get the Hemi you will be buying 89+ octane fuel! I got one, and I love mine.

Ram Rip OFF
By Lee

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Check with an independent technician to verify that TSB 18-050-14 Rev A has not been preformed on vehicle. This TSB is for 2010 through 2014 Ram trucks with the 5.7L Hemi and 6 speed transmission. This TSB was done on my truck which changed my fuel economy from 17mpg to about 14mpg and killed the engine performance making my once fun to drive truck a lackluster DOG......THIS IS MY FIRST AND LAST CHRYSLER PRODUCT.

Parts fail regularly
By Mike

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck had an aftermarket rack & pinion when I bought it. This part failed and filled with fluid the day i bought it used with 25k miles. After "repairs" the pulley for the power steering pump broke taking the serpentine belt with it. Now 5k miles later my evaporator is able to leak all 26 oz of freon in less than 24 hours. DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE!

Very unhappy
By unhappy109

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Well I have a 2012 ram 1500 with 48000km on it was very pleased with it up until 2 days ago. When I hit a bump doing 40km breaking the lower control arm at the ball joint. I had it towed to the dealership where it was purchase after they took pictures of the broken arm and the rest of the damage done to the truck emailing them of to a engineer. They called me back telling me that I must have be mudding and they will not cover the damage to the truck. At this point I am very upset with the way they have treated this situation and made up there own story of what happened. Witch is not one bit true leaving me with a 4000 bill the truck will be fixed and I will be going back to chev.