Used 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

2012 new to me
By Ken

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Great so far. Better mileage on a trip than expected but actual MPG is exactly as stated unlike Ford and Chevy. Only complaint is that when not loaded down the truck bounced over bumps and needs 300-400 pounds in the bed to ride nice.

Best truck I've ever owned.
By Epillon21

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi used, 45k miles but she looked and ran absolutely mint. 20k miles later she still runs absolutely perfect, the 8 cylinder, 5.7L Hemi is very strong and towing is a breeze. Gas mileage not quite as high as advertised but with Eco mode I can get 20+ mpg highway. Rides smoother than any truck I've owned, quick responsive steering with instruments easy to access and control. Uconnect is a nice feature also for hands free driving. Love my Ram!
UPDATE 4/19/16: Have had some issues lately with my RAM. Two factory recalls related to malfunctioning airbags and steering issue. Shortly after the recall the truck was making a loud rattling noise on acceleration. Turns out all the bolts on the exhaust manifold sheered off, another manufacturer defect but no recall issued as told to me by a Dealership mechanic. Truck still looks new and runs strong but had I known there were so many factory issues I'd have bought a newer year.

Get the hemi, get the crew get the RAM
By tylerg4

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I started off test driving a ford f-150 Eco boost, well when I put that thing to the floor it didn't spin and tj felt like a Prius on wheels
Then I went to the ram, I put it half way down and layed a black strip down the road. The hemi definitely has a lot of power!
I also got the crew can because I have kids. The crew cab is super roomy with storage everywhere. I also got the dual exaust which is nice although I wish it was slightly louder I won't complain.
Over all it's a great truck but there's one major thing I hate about dodges, which is rust, I noticed a quater inch rust spot that will be fixed immediately.

Power, noise reliablility

Add leaf springs instead of just coils and make a new paint job so no rust.

2012 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 4.7L
By berobbins

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the truck a few days ago after shopping Ford, Toyota and Ram.
My first two choices were the Toyota and Ram because of their more aggressive style.
The dealership offered such a good deal on the Ram it was difficult to pass up, so I didn't.
I ended up getting more interior bling with Ram than I was going to get with Ford or Toyota and the ride is great.
The truck is clean, drives well and very comfortable.
My Outdoorsman came equipped with remote start, which will come in handy when I move to IL.
Nice feature with it, is when you remote the truck, it locks the doors just in case you forgot to do so when you parked it.
Plenty of room in the front and back seats even for me at 6'1

Favorite features: UConnect (even though it will not read text from my iPhone), easy to navigate touch screen controls, many USB power ports and an A/C port. Rear storage under seat, and in the read floor boards.

None that I can think of at this time. This truck is filling the need I bought it for.

Happy 2012 4X4 Laramie 1500 Owner
By rimo

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I own a 2004 Ford F-150, a 2008 Ram 1500 Big Horn and now a 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie.
All three of the vehicles are 4-wheel drive. The Ford's reliability has been poor to say the least and has cost me a fortune to maintain, including a new engine. Neither of my Ram trucks have ever required any work other than routine maintenance. After 90,000 miles the 2008 is as solid and beautiful as the day I bought it. My 2012 is amazing in all aspects: interior, ride qualtity, power, fuel economy and fit and finish. The new Chrysler CEO is considered the best in the industry, and it certainly shows with this vehicle.

Fuel Economy (19-20 consitently), Interior comfort and appearance, power and sound system.

The front end is too low from the factory. Nothing that a $300 installed 2" leveling kit can't fix.