Used 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ram 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

2012 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 4.7L
By berobbins

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the truck a few days ago after shopping Ford, Toyota and Ram. My first two choices were the Toyota and Ram because of their more aggressive style. The dealership offered such a good deal on the Ram it was difficult to pass up, so I didn't. I ended up getting more interior bling with Ram than I was going to get with Ford or Toyota and the ride is great. The truck is clean, drives well and very comfortable. My Outdoorsman came equipped with remote start, which will come in handy when I move to IL. Nice feature with it, is when you remote the truck, it locks the doors just in case you forgot to do so when you parked it. Plenty of room in the front and back seats even for me at 6'1

Favorite Features

Favorite features: UConnect (even though it will not read text from my iPhone), easy to navigate touch screen controls, many USB power ports and an A/C port. Rear storage under seat, and in the read floor boards.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of at this time. This truck is filling the need I bought it for.

Happy 2012 4X4 Laramie 1500 Owner
By rimo

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I own a 2004 Ford F-150, a 2008 Ram 1500 Big Horn and now a 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie. All three of the vehicles are 4-wheel drive. The Ford's reliability has been poor to say the least and has cost me a fortune to maintain, including a new engine. Neither of my Ram trucks have ever required any work other than routine maintenance. After 90,000 miles the 2008 is as solid and beautiful as the day I bought it. My 2012 is amazing in all aspects: interior, ride qualtity, power, fuel economy and fit and finish. The new Chrysler CEO is considered the best in the industry, and it certainly shows with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Fuel Economy (19-20 consitently), Interior comfort and appearance, power and sound system.

Suggested Improvements

The front end is too low from the factory. Nothing that a $300 installed 2" leveling kit can't fix.

Ram Limited 4x4
By efs101

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first true truck(non-SUV) I"ve owned. Got it for towing, but needed something appropriate for office. Man does this thing fit the bill. Sharp and functional. Fantastic, smooth ride, and it responds almost effortlessly when you hit the accelerator. As comfortable as most luxury cars. After test driving Ford and GMC equivlents, for me this was an easy choice. This is simply a better looking, more comfortable ride. Yes I gave up a few 100 lbs towing capacity to other choices, but premium ride is worth the trade-off.

Favorite Features

100% leather seating Hemi Engine Convenient Controls Aggressive appearance

Suggested Improvements

Fuel Economy, we'll see what the 8 speed transmission does for the Hemi in a few months

worried
By phatdad

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After owning fords for 22 years I bought this Ram 1500. I love the power and the interior features. Worried about floppy rear windows that rattle when down. It also shudders between 35-45 mph when not accelerating hard. With slight gas pedal the truck feels like its in the wrong gear. It feels like my f-150 that dropped a coil.

Favorite Features

Interior space. Dislike the short bed that comes with the supercrew cab.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of rear window rattles and retune the drive system and eliminate shuddering that is very noticeable around town.

window noise
By wwebbys

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The rear windows on this model(Outdoorsman) seem to be loose. When they are partially down and driving there is a very loud bothering noise. I took it to the dealership. They said this normal for this model and year. I have owned F150s and a Frontier and never had this problem. Is anyone else having the issue?

Favorite Features

handling on and off road. power of the hemi engine. cab room and storage.

Suggested Improvements

No window noise. Better MPG. Standard spray in bedliner.Lower price.