2012 Ram 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:
Get the hemi, get the crew get the RAM
By tylerg4 on 10/07/14 19:03 PM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I started off test driving a ford f-150 Eco boost, well when I put that thing to the floor it didn't spin and tj felt like a Prius on wheels Then I went to the ram, I put it half way down and layed a black strip down the road. The hemi definitely has a lot of power! I also got the crew can because I have kids. The crew cab is super roomy with storage everywhere. I also got the dual exaust which is nice although I wish it was slightly louder I won't complain. Over all it's a great truck but there's one major thing I hate about dodges, which is rust, I noticed a quater inch rust spot that will be fixed immediately.

2012 Ram 1500 Express
By enriquef on 06/27/14 15:20 PM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 R/T 2dr Regular Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is pure American muscle. If you like power, reliability, comfort, mad swag, and POWER this is the truck for you. Accelerates like a sports car with the 5.7L Hemi, which means it get to 60+ mph REAL FAST. Purchased new for $18,500 (~$22,500 after tax/reg. and a 7 yr./100K mi. warranty). After 2.5 years and 35,000 mi., it still runs and feels like new. I've taken it cross-county on business with no problems. The exterior design induces countless head-turns on the regular by truck lovers of all types. The interior is spacious. There's plenty of room for attractive shotgun-riders.

Very unhappy
By unhappy109 on 05/12/14 14:32 PM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Well I have a 2012 ram 1500 with 48000km on it was very pleased with it up until 2 days ago. When I hit a bump doing 40km breaking the lower control arm at the ball joint. I had it towed to the dealership where it was purchase after they took pictures of the broken arm and the rest of the damage done to the truck emailing them of to a engineer. They called me back telling me that I must have be mudding and they will not cover the damage to the truck. At this point I am very upset with the way they have treated this situation and made up there own story of what happened. Witch is not one bit true leaving me with a 4000 bill the truck will be fixed and I will be going back to chev.

Best Truck on the market.
By nclemons1985 on 02/26/14 01:05 AM (PST)

2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a Dakota 4.7L 4WD. Traded it in 4 months later for a 2012 4WD Ram with a Hemi. Right off the bat I noticed a huge difference between this truck and the others I have owned in the past. More power than I need. Which is a good thing. It accelerates and tows up a hill like it is not there. Very comfortable ride. I barely noticed bumps in the road I noticed with my Dakota. It's the smoothest shifting vehicle I have ever driven. My girlfriend didn't understand the big deal until she drove it herself. Now she wants a Ram. She hated trucks before she drove it. My favorite part: More power than Ford, Toyota, Nissan, GMC and Chevy yet priced better.

I tried the Chevy, came running back to the Hemi
By eillob on 06/06/13 18:50 PM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Im a former Chevy guy had an 05 Chevy silverado Z71. There really is no comparison here. The Chevy was a great truck but it doesn't hold a candle to the Dodge. I went to look at the newer Chevy prior to buying the Ram and the Ram just outclasses the Chevy everywhere. Better interior, more features, better ride and WAY more power. The silverado feels like something is wrong under the hood after you drive the Hemi. You get way more for your money with the Dodge hands down.

Excellent Truck!
By bsalberts on 03/04/13 13:24 PM (PST)

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased the Ram 1500 ST Quad Cab 4x4 (Black). I've had the truck for 3 months now. No complaints. I love it. I owned a 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 before this and I must admit there is no comparison. The Ram is better in ride, comfort and in my opinion, performance. I love the sound of the 5.7 Hemi (390 hp) engine. Very aggressive. The outside of the vehicle looks great as well. I got the 20" chrome wheels, dual rear exhaust with bright tips and I also added a tonneau hard cover for the bed. Looks absolutely fantastic. It's perfect for commuting to the office or hauling toys on the weekend. Take one for a test drive. You will not be disappointed.

2012 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 4.7L
By berobbins on 02/20/13 18:12 PM (PST)

2012 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the truck a few days ago after shopping Ford, Toyota and Ram. My first two choices were the Toyota and Ram because of their more aggressive style. The dealership offered such a good deal on the Ram it was difficult to pass up, so I didn't. I ended up getting more interior bling with Ram than I was going to get with Ford or Toyota and the ride is great. The truck is clean, drives well and very comfortable. My Outdoorsman came equipped with remote start, which will come in handy when I move to IL. Nice feature with it, is when you remote the truck, it locks the doors just in case you forgot to do so when you parked it. Plenty of room in the front and back seats even for me at 6'1

Almost Perfect
By qmg on 02/10/13 04:44 AM (PST)

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my 2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab "Outoorsman" for just about a year now. Without a doubt the most comfortable and well appointed vehicle I've ever owned. Absolutely no issues that sometimes plague new cars. Car like ride on the road, very quiet for a big truck, yet very capable off road. The off road ride is head and shoulders above any other full size truck. A bit on the expensive side for a truck but all vehicles seem to be excessively priced these days. Gas mileage on the 5.7L Hemi obviously isn't that great but you don't buy a full size truck if fuel economy is priority #1

Ram 1500 First 3 Months 26 to 1750 miles.
By flatchewlant on 01/07/13 16:21 PM (PST)

2012 Ram 1500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6A)

2012 Ram 1500 | Tradesman | 4.7L 4x4 std bed | Towing package. After doing three months of research, I chose Ram. Got a great deal with MFR rebates and additional money off. Would have like to go with Ford but it was out of my price range. I do love my Ram and chose the most basic with the least amount of bling. I really just wanted a truck to move, pull and do general truck stuff. Got tired of hauling firewood with my minivan... maybe you saw my butt draggin along the highway?? lol! No More :) Looks impressive in Black! Interior is nice, seats are comfortable. I have a light foot :Mileage 16 city and about 20 hwy. I try not to hit it hard, but it will move when I need it to.

Good truck/bad rear window noise
By sumagolf on 12/16/12 13:45 PM (PST)

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

It seems quite quick and powerful on the highway.Smooth take off from a stop and very strong accelaration.Interior is good,exterior color is quite nice.Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl.I bought the truck because off the engine and the appearance.I sell automotive paint and bodyshop supplies.My vehicle appearance is very important as I am in dealerships daily.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ram 1500 in VA is:

$136 per month*