Used 2012 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ram 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Best truck I've ever owned.
By Epillon21

2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi used, 45k miles but she looked and ran absolutely mint. 20k miles later she still runs absolutely perfect, the 8 cylinder, 5.7L Hemi is very strong and towing is a breeze. Gas mileage not quite as high as advertised but with Eco mode I can get 20+ mpg highway. Rides smoother than any truck I've owned, quick responsive steering with instruments easy to access and control. Uconnect is a nice feature also for hands free driving. Love my Ram!

Ram Rip OFF
By Lee

2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Check with an independent technician to verify that TSB 18-050-14 Rev A has not been preformed on vehicle. This TSB is for 2010 through 2014 Ram trucks with the 5.7L Hemi and 6 speed transmission. This TSB was done on my truck which changed my fuel economy from 17mpg to about 14mpg and killed the engine performance making my once fun to drive truck a lackluster DOG......THIS IS MY FIRST AND LAST CHRYSLER PRODUCT.

Parts fail regularly
By Mike

2012 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck had an aftermarket rack & pinion when I bought it. This part failed and filled with fluid the day i bought it used with 25k miles. After "repairs" the pulley for the power steering pump broke taking the serpentine belt with it. Now 5k miles later my evaporator is able to leak all 26 oz of freon in less than 24 hours. DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE!

Like it but...
By tylerg4

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck in October (I live in maine), I think the truck is good but I really do use it as a family truck and a work truck. It's is the best family truck but let's see what you get when you take it off road. Make sure to see pros and cons.

Power, reliability, on road performance.

Lifted more, REAL AND TRUE 4WD, Cooler rims, louder exaust, and better suspension If you put this to the floor in snow, 3 wheels will spin. It is crazy low in the front. I do suggest this truck to a family but definetly go to a 2500 for a work truck.

Get the hemi, get the crew get the RAM
By tylerg4

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I started off test driving a ford f-150 Eco boost, well when I put that thing to the floor it didn't spin and tj felt like a Prius on wheels Then I went to the ram, I put it half way down and layed a black strip down the road. The hemi definitely has a lot of power! I also got the crew can because I have kids. The crew cab is super roomy with storage everywhere. I also got the dual exaust which is nice although I wish it was slightly louder I won't complain. Over all it's a great truck but there's one major thing I hate about dodges, which is rust, I noticed a quater inch rust spot that will be fixed immediately.

Power, noise reliablility

Add leaf springs instead of just coils and make a new paint job so no rust.

• SUV