2012 Ram 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:
Best Truck on the market.
By nclemons1985 on 02/26/14 01:05 AM (PST)

2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a Dakota 4.7L 4WD. Traded it in 4 months later for a 2012 4WD Ram with a Hemi. Right off the bat I noticed a huge difference between this truck and the others I have owned in the past. More power than I need. Which is a good thing. It accelerates and tows up a hill like it is not there. Very comfortable ride. I barely noticed bumps in the road I noticed with my Dakota. It's the smoothest shifting vehicle I have ever driven. My girlfriend didn't understand the big deal until she drove it herself. Now she wants a Ram. She hated trucks before she drove it. My favorite part: More power than Ford, Toyota, Nissan, GMC and Chevy yet priced better.

I tried the Chevy, came running back to the Hemi
By eillob on 06/06/13 18:50 PM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Im a former Chevy guy had an 05 Chevy silverado Z71. There really is no comparison here. The Chevy was a great truck but it doesn't hold a candle to the Dodge. I went to look at the newer Chevy prior to buying the Ram and the Ram just outclasses the Chevy everywhere. Better interior, more features, better ride and WAY more power. The silverado feels like something is wrong under the hood after you drive the Hemi. You get way more for your money with the Dodge hands down.

Excellent Truck!
By bsalberts on 03/04/13 13:24 PM (PST)

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased the Ram 1500 ST Quad Cab 4x4 (Black). I've had the truck for 3 months now. No complaints. I love it. I owned a 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 before this and I must admit there is no comparison. The Ram is better in ride, comfort and in my opinion, performance. I love the sound of the 5.7 Hemi (390 hp) engine. Very aggressive. The outside of the vehicle looks great as well. I got the 20" chrome wheels, dual rear exhaust with bright tips and I also added a tonneau hard cover for the bed. Looks absolutely fantastic. It's perfect for commuting to the office or hauling toys on the weekend. Take one for a test drive. You will not be disappointed.

2012 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 4.7L
By berobbins on 02/20/13 18:12 PM (PST)

2012 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the truck a few days ago after shopping Ford, Toyota and Ram. My first two choices were the Toyota and Ram because of their more aggressive style. The dealership offered such a good deal on the Ram it was difficult to pass up, so I didn't. I ended up getting more interior bling with Ram than I was going to get with Ford or Toyota and the ride is great. The truck is clean, drives well and very comfortable. My Outdoorsman came equipped with remote start, which will come in handy when I move to IL. Nice feature with it, is when you remote the truck, it locks the doors just in case you forgot to do so when you parked it. Plenty of room in the front and back seats even for me at 6'1

Almost Perfect
By qmg on 02/10/13 04:44 AM (PST)

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my 2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab "Outoorsman" for just about a year now. Without a doubt the most comfortable and well appointed vehicle I've ever owned. Absolutely no issues that sometimes plague new cars. Car like ride on the road, very quiet for a big truck, yet very capable off road. The off road ride is head and shoulders above any other full size truck. A bit on the expensive side for a truck but all vehicles seem to be excessively priced these days. Gas mileage on the 5.7L Hemi obviously isn't that great but you don't buy a full size truck if fuel economy is priority #1

Ram 1500 First 3 Months 26 to 1750 miles.
By flatchewlant on 01/07/13 16:21 PM (PST)

2012 Ram 1500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6A)

2012 Ram 1500 | Tradesman | 4.7L 4x4 std bed | Towing package. After doing three months of research, I chose Ram. Got a great deal with MFR rebates and additional money off. Would have like to go with Ford but it was out of my price range. I do love my Ram and chose the most basic with the least amount of bling. I really just wanted a truck to move, pull and do general truck stuff. Got tired of hauling firewood with my minivan... maybe you saw my butt draggin along the highway?? lol! No More :) Looks impressive in Black! Interior is nice, seats are comfortable. I have a light foot :Mileage 16 city and about 20 hwy. I try not to hit it hard, but it will move when I need it to.

Good truck/bad rear window noise
By sumagolf on 12/16/12 13:45 PM (PST)

2012 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

It seems quite quick and powerful on the highway.Smooth take off from a stop and very strong accelaration.Interior is good,exterior color is quite nice.Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl.I bought the truck because off the engine and the appearance.I sell automotive paint and bodyshop supplies.My vehicle appearance is very important as I am in dealerships daily.

Happy 2012 4X4 Laramie 1500 Owner
By rimo on 10/23/12 20:00 PM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I own a 2004 Ford F-150, a 2008 Ram 1500 Big Horn and now a 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie. All three of the vehicles are 4-wheel drive. The Ford's reliability has been poor to say the least and has cost me a fortune to maintain, including a new engine. Neither of my Ram trucks have ever required any work other than routine maintenance. After 90,000 miles the 2008 is as solid and beautiful as the day I bought it. My 2012 is amazing in all aspects: interior, ride qualtity, power, fuel economy and fit and finish. The new Chrysler CEO is considered the best in the industry, and it certainly shows with this vehicle.

Ram Limited 4x4
By efs101 on 10/10/12 20:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first true truck(non-SUV) I"ve owned. Got it for towing, but needed something appropriate for office. Man does this thing fit the bill. Sharp and functional. Fantastic, smooth ride, and it responds almost effortlessly when you hit the accelerator. As comfortable as most luxury cars. After test driving Ford and GMC equivlents, for me this was an easy choice. This is simply a better looking, more comfortable ride. Yes I gave up a few 100 lbs towing capacity to other choices, but premium ride is worth the trade-off.

worried
By phatdad on 09/30/12 11:01 AM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After owning fords for 22 years I bought this Ram 1500. I love the power and the interior features. Worried about floppy rear windows that rattle when down. It also shudders between 35-45 mph when not accelerating hard. With slight gas pedal the truck feels like its in the wrong gear. It feels like my f-150 that dropped a coil.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.