2011 Ram 1500 Consumer Review: Love it, Hate it

2011 Ram 1500 - Consumer Review

2011 Ram 1500

Sport Crew Cab Pickup (5.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

Love it, Hate it
By mmacht on

2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The performance, comfort, and looks of the truck are amazing.
The coil springs and small bed limit real hauling if your truck is actually a truck.
Service departments are horrible.
A defective tire turned into a battle.
Since I bought it water has leaked into the cab and I'm being told that's normal.
Over 7 efforts have been made to repair it and I'm now filing a lemon claim on it.
Apparently, the water issue is a problem for Ram with people all over the internet trying to band-aid the issue.
My dealership has told me to stop washing my truck.
I'm not sure how they'll handle a response to the rain.

The engine and looks are amazing. I love the interior design although the stock radio that I have is old looking and the UConnect system is frustrating at best. The acceleration of this thing is off the chain!

The cabin needs to be made water tight on these trucks. I'd also like to see the "eco" mode kick in up until a higher rpm (this is a complaint most of the die-hard Ram truck owners disagree with me on). The sheetmetal has been thinned out significantly, probably in an effort to save weight and it makes the truck fairly susceptible to body damage. My stock headlights were too dim for me, so I bought some new ones and replaced them. Apparently, Chrysler thought that should be a long process that requires removing the front grill.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By dodgelover5
on 06/19/13 09:43 AM (PDT)

Pay close attention to what I am about to say. If everyone who complains about dodge's leaking. Not only do dodge's leak so do ford and chevy. Now instead of complaining stop for a moment and think. Water is coming from the back cargo light. the fix is about 5 min. and 5 bucks. Removed both screws and add cocking around the seal. Then but the screws back in. Problem solved. For the guy who said the dealership told you to stop washing you car. That in no way would be a response from a dealership. Think about it. They want your money and HAVE to have it. At no time would a dealership representative would tell a customer that.