2011 Ram 1500 Consumer Review: Great to drive

2011 Ram 1500 - Consumer Review

Sport Quad Cab (5.7L V8 5-speed Automatic 6.4 ft. Bed)

Great to drive
By bigmiles on

2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased used June 2010, 34K miles, now have 68K. Con's: Have heard clicking/grinding noise under pedals when traction breaks. I suspect universal to transfer case, but dealer will verify. Other issue is the Uconnect / radio, cuts out, pops, this too will be dealt with at dealer. No cabin air filter for these trucks, guess that was a cost savings from manufacturer, I installed my own in 15 min. at a cost of $28.00 great investment. Glad I purchased the warranty. Pro's: Drove on vacation, I always use cruise, 19 MPG avg for trip of 2600 miles.

ECO boost saves on fuel. I do see where others have complained of this feature, however I have not had the same problems. Yes it does rumble / growl some but not to the point of annoyance.

Cruise control should be on steering wheel, not on separate column stick. Storage under rear seat should be boxed in contour, not slopped, this restricts use.