2011 Ram 1500 Consumer Review: No Regrets

2011 Ram 1500 - Consumer Review

Sport Crew Cab Pickup (5.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

No Regrets
By tmusco265 on

2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

To be honest the Dodge Ram wasn't a consideration for me when I was looking at trucks. My first choice was a 2011 Ford F150 FX4 with Ecoboost. Although it was a very nice truck the cost was too high even with my dads Ford discount. After seeing a friends Dodge I decided to check them out and boy am I glad I did! The ride is so much smoother and responsive than I could've hoped for. I love everything about the truck so far (7 weeks after buying). The gas mileage of 21 hwy w/tonneau cover is amazing! My last truck was a 06 Lincoln Mark LT and this trucks blows it away in EVERY category. Also, the price was discounted about 12k from sticker price. After seeing my truck a workmate got 1.

Power, gas mileage, Nav system, Comfort, heated steering wheel, 20" wheels, overall design and look, very quiet ride, build integrity seems awesome so far, storage galore, backup camera is extremely helpful when hooking up to my boat trailer. Power to pull my boat trailer is exceptional. Ram boxes are very useful! At first I didn't want them but I bought a showroom truck. I love the Ram Boxes! On one side I keep a full sized floor jack, two jack stands and a large toolbag. On the other side I store small stuff I use for hunting and have PLENTY of space left over.

The side steps are a little slippery. Do the gascap thing like Ford has.