2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:
Great to drive
By bigmiles on 02/01/13 07:07 AM (PST)

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased used June 2010, 34K miles, now have 68K. Con's: Have heard clicking/grinding noise under pedals when traction breaks. I suspect universal to transfer case, but dealer will verify. Other issue is the Uconnect / radio, cuts out, pops, this too will be dealt with at dealer. No cabin air filter for these trucks, guess that was a cost savings from manufacturer, I installed my own in 15 min. at a cost of $28.00 great investment. Glad I purchased the warranty. Pro's: Drove on vacation, I always use cruise, 19 MPG avg for trip of 2600 miles.

So far so good!
By cyoung6 on 08/30/12 10:45 AM (PDT)

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my husband's truck but since I have driven it on numerous occasions, I thought I would write a review. First of all, I am a petite woman (5ft) and this big truck is moderately comfortable for my small stature. My husband is over 6ft tall and it suites him just fine, as well. The truck is an animal in the snow with great traction control and handling. We have 4 wheel drive and hemi option. The mileage is great for a big truck with a big engine. We average about 20mpg and the eco mode urges economical driving habits. Love the dark green color we have.

Most comfortable, economical truck ever
By atraveler on 06/02/12 21:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my truck used, with about 20k miles, I have driven it around 4 k with absolutely NO problems. Driving the speed limit on the highway, using cruise, very little hard acceleration or braking, I am getting around 23 mpg. I have owned 4 Dodges and several Fords and Chevys, and so far, this is the best. I would recommend it to anyone.

Used 2011 Ram 1500 Quad
By jbredbug on 01/09/12 07:41 AM (PST)

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a 2011 used Ram 1500 Quad (SLT). I've had it 8 weeks now, so I'm still in the "honeymoon stage". That said; so far it's a great truck. The ride is exceptional in the front seats. The rear seat is cramped (it's a quad not a crew). The quad has more bed length. I have the 4.7, not the Hemi (5.7). On the highway, I get 22mph. With easy city driving, I'm avg. 17 (with the AC off). It has a quiet, smooth ride. The quality apppears to be there inside and out. I have not towed with it yet.

Thoroughly Drive This Beast Before You Buy
By jclaeys on 01/05/12 13:27 PM (PST)

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

If you don't mind a "growly" engine and a vibration in the undercarriage in the "constantly seeking eco mode"..this is your truck. If you don't mind poor sight lines over the fenders, this is your truck..if you don't mind poor gas mileage, ( and, I'm talking 11mpg pure city and 16mpg max on long trips), this is your truck. If you don't mind poor paint quality, and poor customer service at the dealership, this is your truck. Never mind the deal you're going to get....it will cost you dearly when you go to sell it a few months later, when you don't enjoy even driving it anymore.

Excellent Truck!
By cgt79 on 10/04/11 08:18 AM (PDT)

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2011 Ram about a month ago, and I could not be happier. The truck is very comfortable and rides very nice, for a truck. The fit and finish is excellent, plenty of cubbyholes for storage and soft touch materials. The center console with bucket seats is huge and offers two levels of storage The 5.7L Hemi has plenty of power when needed and gets decent gas mileage for a full size truck (I am averaging 17.5 for mixed city/highway) and the transmission is smooth and responsive. Other than a minor issue with the brakes (sensor was mis-adjusted so the brake lights stayed on and cruise would not work) the build quality is very good.

I love my truck!
By sgilbert on 09/25/11 20:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My 2011 Dodge Quad Cab 4X4 has the Hemi. I find the initial quality to be excellent. No squeaks or rattles, and a beatiful, smooth quiet ride, almost like riding in a luxury car. The seats are very comfortable and supportive (better than the Ford I also drove). The hemi performs beautifully and I get about 13 mpg around town and cruising 60 -65, steady, produces around 20. Everything works. Haven't had it back to the dealer for anything, and I'm quite fussy. The media center provides a ton of information I've never seen before in a vehicle, and the satellite radio is great (love that Sinatra channel). Overall very pleased - I love to drive this truck!

Great Truck, Horrible Air Conditioning
By cbonomo on 09/14/11 14:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love everything about this truck, but it is unfortunately ruined by inferior air conditioning. I have had it back to the dealership three times and they tell me it is working as per spec, but also agree that the spec is inadequate. FYI, the spec is to blow air at 20 degrees below the outside temperature. I can tell you that if the outside temperature hits 79 degrees or greater, you need to roll down the windows, or you will sweat in the car. The dealership has tested my 2011 a/c performance against older models and they claim that the older models work better. There is nothing that can be done about it. It is a design flaw that ruins the truck.

2011 1500 Big Horn
By 1timmy on 09/13/11 14:10 PM (PDT)

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my 2011 1500 Big Horn! This is my 3rd Dodge truck (1995, 2003)! I was crazy about my 03 SLT, but this one may the best of the bunch! It rides awesome and had more that enough power! Great look...great gas mileage and very comfortable. Drove it over 800 miles the first day. This truck has just the right amount of chrome! I'm to see that Dodge is still 'changing the rules'! A++

2011 dodge ram
By jarhead83 on 09/04/11 14:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my truck for 3 months have about 4700 miles on it truck gets good mileage 16-21 5.7 hemi 4x2 slt bighorn but for the bad news the truck has been in the shop 4 times since I have had it 2 for the paint 2 for my power back glass leaking still do not know if it is fixed waiting a few days to wash again but know it will be going back as soon as the shop opens go in this morning it started and no gauges worked windshield wipers came on and would not cut off windows will not roll down radio will only cut off if you turn it off even with switch off so this will make 5 times in 3 months of which I owned the truck I like the look the power but man at the problems I'm having

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ram 1500 Quad-cab in WA is:

$156 per month*