Used 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

A Nice truck but at 4 yrs old and 75000 , look out
By Don

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

At 75000 miles and 3 payments left on this truck, I got a leak in the roof. Auto repair facility says they fixed a leaky 3rd brake light at the top of rear window. We'll see. Today the light went out on my radio/navigation display panel but the problem wasnt electrical or mechanical. It was me. The other morning while sitting in the dark in my truck, I dimmed the display to the weakest light possible so the lights wouldnt blind me. When daylight came, the display was still on the dimmest display possible and I then couldnt even see it. I thought it was out. That night I went to start up my truck and the display was bright again. I experimented, dimming the display which worked and next daylight, I couldnt see anything in the daylight again. Then I put my finger where the dimmer control was on the screen, turned up the light and all is well.

Mopar or NO car
By R Henry

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

will drive it till one of us concedes
By Theresa Davies

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

bought my 2011 truck new after my beloved Tahoe got caught in a flood. I've driven the heck out of it. Its a truck it's suppose to be driven hard. I've got over 110k on it and I love it still. I love the looks I get when I pull up next to some business men and I hop out in my suit, heels and briefcase in hand. It puts their overpriced family vehicles to shame. Only issue I've had is tow mirrors make a whine when your driving over 40 and the wind hits them just right. Just recently I noticed a small oil drop on the driver side front. Oil checks out, nothing loose so ?

DON'T BUY RAM TRUCKS!!!
By Pissed Off

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had a new 2005. It's transmission went out at 81,000. Just out of warranty. I didn't want to pay the dealer 8000 for the repair so I made the mistake of trading it for a new 2011. Transmission went out at 4,000 miles. 1st trip to the dealer they said the transmission filter fell out internally. The next week I couldn't get it in drive. The next trip to the dealer they had to rebuild it. The sun roof started leaking after owning it for 2 years. Had it at the dealer multiple times and they couldn't fix it. The last time I called for an appointment they said they couldn't look at it because their rain machine was broken. I live in Tacoma Washington. Go figure it was raining that day. They aid they couldn't work on it in the rain. They have a lemon law in Washington state. Make sure to document and save paperwork for all repairs and file the docs through a lawyer. At 78,000 miles the right side exhaust manifold went out. There is a retrofit with grade eight bolts. They replaced the manifold under warranty but would not use the harder bolts-even if I paid for them. Now the other side is out. I guess it will be new exhaust manifolds every 60,000 to 80,000 miles. When it's on my nickel I will buy the better bolts and have them installed. I don't like drilling and having to extract broken studs. Other than the above mentioned problems this has been a very comfortable truck. It has plenty of power. I will not however buy anything Dodge, Chrysler or Ram again. I will buy a Chevy or GMC diesel with Allison tranny next time. Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me. I won't get screwed again. I must be a slow learner.

Great to drive
By bigmiles

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased used June 2010, 34K miles, now have 68K. Con's: Have heard clicking/grinding noise under pedals when traction breaks. I suspect universal to transfer case, but dealer will verify. Other issue is the Uconnect / radio, cuts out, pops, this too will be dealt with at dealer. No cabin air filter for these trucks, guess that was a cost savings from manufacturer, I installed my own in 15 min. at a cost of $28.00 great investment. Glad I purchased the warranty. Pro's: Drove on vacation, I always use cruise, 19 MPG avg for trip of 2600 miles.

ECO boost saves on fuel. I do see where others have complained of this feature, however I have not had the same problems. Yes it does rumble / growl some but not to the point of annoyance.

Cruise control should be on steering wheel, not on separate column stick. Storage under rear seat should be boxed in contour, not slopped, this restricts use.