Used 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ram 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Great to drive
By bigmiles

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased used June 2010, 34K miles, now have 68K. Con's: Have heard clicking/grinding noise under pedals when traction breaks. I suspect universal to transfer case, but dealer will verify. Other issue is the Uconnect / radio, cuts out, pops, this too will be dealt with at dealer. No cabin air filter for these trucks, guess that was a cost savings from manufacturer, I installed my own in 15 min. at a cost of $28.00 great investment. Glad I purchased the warranty. Pro's: Drove on vacation, I always use cruise, 19 MPG avg for trip of 2600 miles.

Favorite Features

ECO boost saves on fuel. I do see where others have complained of this feature, however I have not had the same problems. Yes it does rumble / growl some but not to the point of annoyance.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control should be on steering wheel, not on separate column stick. Storage under rear seat should be boxed in contour, not slopped, this restricts use.

So far so good!
By cyoung6

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my husband's truck but since I have driven it on numerous occasions, I thought I would write a review. First of all, I am a petite woman (5ft) and this big truck is moderately comfortable for my small stature. My husband is over 6ft tall and it suites him just fine, as well. The truck is an animal in the snow with great traction control and handling. We have 4 wheel drive and hemi option. The mileage is great for a big truck with a big engine. We average about 20mpg and the eco mode urges economical driving habits. Love the dark green color we have.

Favorite Features

Interior is stylish with silver accents Power of the Hemi engine Exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

We've had the truck for about 10 months. The rear seats are very straight, typical of crew cabs. Not a lot of leg room in the rear as well.

Most comfortable, economical truck ever
By atraveler

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my truck used, with about 20k miles, I have driven it around 4 k with absolutely NO problems. Driving the speed limit on the highway, using cruise, very little hard acceleration or braking, I am getting around 23 mpg. I have owned 4 Dodges and several Fords and Chevys, and so far, this is the best. I would recommend it to anyone.

Used 2011 Ram 1500 Quad
By jbredbug

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a 2011 used Ram 1500 Quad (SLT). I've had it 8 weeks now, so I'm still in the "honeymoon stage". That said; so far it's a great truck. The ride is exceptional in the front seats. The rear seat is cramped (it's a quad not a crew). The quad has more bed length. I have the 4.7, not the Hemi (5.7). On the highway, I get 22mph. With easy city driving, I'm avg. 17 (with the AC off). It has a quiet, smooth ride. The quality apppears to be there inside and out. I have not towed with it yet.

Favorite Features

Quiet comfortable ride. Great gas mileage for a full size truck. The SLT has the chrome package.

Suggested Improvements

The towing light connections are built into the bumpter, but not a quality hitch. I had that added by Dodge for $350. It should come with a quality hitch.

Thoroughly Drive This Beast Before You Buy
By jclaeys

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

If you don't mind a "growly" engine and a vibration in the undercarriage in the "constantly seeking eco mode"..this is your truck. If you don't mind poor sight lines over the fenders, this is your truck..if you don't mind poor gas mileage, ( and, I'm talking 11mpg pure city and 16mpg max on long trips), this is your truck. If you don't mind poor paint quality, and poor customer service at the dealership, this is your truck. Never mind the deal you're going to get....it will cost you dearly when you go to sell it a few months later, when you don't enjoy even driving it anymore.

Favorite Features

Interior quality.

Suggested Improvements

Improve paint quality, be honest about gas mileage...it guzzles. Drop the 8/4 engine technology until it matches General Motors seemless engine performance. Where is bluetooth? That's just wrong.