2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ram 1500 ST 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:
After 3 years, still a good truck, but a few flaws
By gianofan on 12/27/14 19:07 PM (PST)

2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Longhorn Edition 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After 3 years of owning this truck and putting 44k miles on it, I thought I share a few thoughts. First of all, this remains a very good truck overall and I'm still happy with it. That said, I'm eyeing a new 2014 or 15 Longhorn and considering a trade. This is primarily due to the new 8 gear transmission. The 2011 had only the 5 gear, and there is a huge performance difference between them (which I realized after a test drive of a 2014 model recently). There are also a number of other nice new features in the newer models....

75k and going
By mrish on 06/02/14 17:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm just now hitting 75k miles on my 11' Outdoorsman. It has been completely reliable to date. No issues to report at all. the only thing I've done is change the oil, air filter, and plugs. Which by the way, has to be changed every 30k miles and there are 16 of them. I have a 30' travel trailer that weighs in at 6400# and it tows it great. I use it as my daily driver and it is absolutely comfortable. MPG is about 17, mostly interstate.

Love it, Hate it
By mmacht on 06/03/13 20:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The performance, comfort, and looks of the truck are amazing. The coil springs and small bed limit real hauling if your truck is actually a truck. Service departments are horrible. A defective tire turned into a battle. Since I bought it water has leaked into the cab and I'm being told that's normal. Over 7 efforts have been made to repair it and I'm now filing a lemon claim on it. Apparently, the water issue is a problem for Ram with people all over the internet trying to band-aid the issue. My dealership has told me to stop washing my truck. I'm not sure how they'll handle a response to the rain.

Engine Failure @ 16000
By jfwill82 on 02/25/13 14:56 PM (PST)

2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my ram new in july 2011. Up until recently it has been perfect. It has 16064 miles on it and the check engine light came on but i didnt notice any performance issues. I took it to the dealership to get scheduled in and they hooked it up to the computer and said it was only a missfire. I kept driving my truck and it only got worse. Loud knocking and backfiring and missing and valve noise. I took it back to the shop and they actually did a little bit of diagnostics on it and found the cylinder head had broke where the rocker shaft bolts to it. I have also had a grinding noise when losing traction when braking.

First vehicle I have had in years.
By olddirt on 04/11/12 21:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have just under 8k on the truck and runs great smooth and the econmy gets better daily. It seems to get better milage above 65 mph than below. I have had no issues with the truck. I have asked for help with some of the options like phone link. but this is this the vehicle I've ever had it in. I have owned a number of other trucks from 1/2 ton to Mack dump trucks and cars from shelbys show qualty jeeps. and I was as happy as I am with this truck.

ECO Mode is terrible but great ride.
By dvp16 on 12/28/11 08:07 AM (PST)

2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great ride, smooth, quick. Nice interior, better than Ford's. The bad- the ECO mode or MDS that cuts the engine to four cylinders to save fuel is terrible. Runs rough, sputters despite program flash from dealer. I had a 2011 Jeep with the same engine and the MDS switch was flawless. So this must be a "Ram" problem. Check out some Ram forums and see the complaints about the ECO and MDS before purchasing. Drivers are placing the transmission in 5th gear to keep the MDS from engaging. I guess we know why Ram sales continue to fall. Chrysler will not listen to the owners.

Drive this truck thoroughly before purchasing
By jclaeys on 12/17/11 07:40 AM (PST)

2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just traded in my 2011 Big Horn after "reluctantly driving it" for a mere 1500 miles. The new "ECO" technology is the most unrefined of any truck out there....where its' Hemi shuts down 4 cyl. to "supposedly" improve gas mileage. It is course sounding and causes a fair amount of "vibration" in the underpinnings of the truck, which makes the driving experience less than pleasant. GM has this technology down pat...never noticeable. This truck is beautiful...but the gas mileage is pathetic at best....12mpg, and no, I don't have a lead foot. If you need a truck stay away from this one..the two most dreaded words you will ever hear.."it's normal"

No Regrets
By tmusco265 on 11/06/11 07:09 AM (PST)

2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

To be honest the Dodge Ram wasn't a consideration for me when I was looking at trucks. My first choice was a 2011 Ford F150 FX4 with Ecoboost. Although it was a very nice truck the cost was too high even with my dads Ford discount. After seeing a friends Dodge I decided to check them out and boy am I glad I did! The ride is so much smoother and responsive than I could've hoped for. I love everything about the truck so far (7 weeks after buying). The gas mileage of 21 hwy w/tonneau cover is amazing! My last truck was a 06 Lincoln Mark LT and this trucks blows it away in EVERY category. Also, the price was discounted about 12k from sticker price. After seeing my truck a workmate got 1.

2011 Ram 1500 ST
By blueram1500 on 10/01/11 08:53 AM (PDT)

2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab ST 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My 2002 S10 was on its last legs and I realized it was time to trade in for something new. The purchase of the Ram came down to one simple need: Value. I come from a Ford family. My dad's employment enables me to get the some of the best discounts that Ford offers. I have always loved the F-150 and was planning on buying one. Dodge won me over not only with their newer design on the Ram but also with their promises of renewed quality (backed by a pretty good warranty). That and the Ram was $5k cheaper than Ford AFTER all of my discounts. After a month of driving, I have none of the typically reported Chrysler drivetrain problems to speak of... Knock on wood.

WOW
By ny99 on 08/30/11 17:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the first pickup truck that I've owned and I couldn't be more impressed. I never thought I'd buy a Dodge, but I took a test drive after reading all the positive reviews and I was blown away. The ride is incredibly smooth, even over rough terrain, and the acceleration with the Hemi is effortless. The interior is comfortable, and loaded with features that make driving this truck a blast. I've just reached 9000 miles without any issues and I have absolutely no regrets about this purchase. Nice job Dodge!