Used 2011 Ram 1500 SLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ram 1500 - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ram 1500

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Most comfortable, economical truck ever
By atraveler

2011 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my truck used, with about 20k miles, I have driven it around 4 k with absolutely NO problems. Driving the speed limit on the highway, using cruise, very little hard acceleration or braking, I am getting around 23 mpg. I have owned 4 Dodges and several Fords and Chevys, and so far, this is the best. I would recommend it to anyone.

Used 2011 Ram 1500 Quad
By jbredbug

2011 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a 2011 used Ram 1500 Quad (SLT). I've had it 8 weeks now, so I'm still in the "honeymoon stage". That said; so far it's a great truck. The ride is exceptional in the front seats. The rear seat is cramped (it's a quad not a crew). The quad has more bed length. I have the 4.7, not the Hemi (5.7). On the highway, I get 22mph. With easy city driving, I'm avg. 17 (with the AC off). It has a quiet, smooth ride. The quality apppears to be there inside and out. I have not towed with it yet.

Favorite Features

Quiet comfortable ride. Great gas mileage for a full size truck. The SLT has the chrome package.

Suggested Improvements

The towing light connections are built into the bumpter, but not a quality hitch. I had that added by Dodge for $350. It should come with a quality hitch.

2011 dodge ram
By jarhead83

2011 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my truck for 3 months have about 4700 miles on it truck gets good mileage 16-21 5.7 hemi 4x2 slt bighorn but for the bad news the truck has been in the shop 4 times since I have had it 2 for the paint 2 for my power back glass leaking still do not know if it is fixed waiting a few days to wash again but know it will be going back as soon as the shop opens go in this morning it started and no gauges worked windshield wipers came on and would not cut off windows will not roll down radio will only cut off if you turn it off even with switch off so this will make 5 times in 3 months of which I owned the truck I like the look the power but man at the problems I'm having

Favorite Features

power, looks

Suggested Improvements

take to improve the quailty quite cuting corners