2011 Ram 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:
75k and going
By mrish on 06/02/14 17:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm just now hitting 75k miles on my 11' Outdoorsman. It has been completely reliable to date. No issues to report at all. the only thing I've done is change the oil, air filter, and plugs. Which by the way, has to be changed every 30k miles and there are 16 of them. I have a 30' travel trailer that weighs in at 6400# and it tows it great. I use it as my daily driver and it is absolutely comfortable. MPG is about 17, mostly interstate.

Love it, Hate it
By mmacht on 06/03/13 20:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The performance, comfort, and looks of the truck are amazing. The coil springs and small bed limit real hauling if your truck is actually a truck. Service departments are horrible. A defective tire turned into a battle. Since I bought it water has leaked into the cab and I'm being told that's normal. Over 7 efforts have been made to repair it and I'm now filing a lemon claim on it. Apparently, the water issue is a problem for Ram with people all over the internet trying to band-aid the issue. My dealership has told me to stop washing my truck. I'm not sure how they'll handle a response to the rain.

Engine Failure @ 16000
By jfwill82 on 02/25/13 14:56 PM (PST)

2011 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my ram new in july 2011. Up until recently it has been perfect. It has 16064 miles on it and the check engine light came on but i didnt notice any performance issues. I took it to the dealership to get scheduled in and they hooked it up to the computer and said it was only a missfire. I kept driving my truck and it only got worse. Loud knocking and backfiring and missing and valve noise. I took it back to the shop and they actually did a little bit of diagnostics on it and found the cylinder head had broke where the rocker shaft bolts to it. I have also had a grinding noise when losing traction when braking.

Great to drive
By bigmiles on 02/01/13 07:07 AM (PST)

2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased used June 2010, 34K miles, now have 68K. Con's: Have heard clicking/grinding noise under pedals when traction breaks. I suspect universal to transfer case, but dealer will verify. Other issue is the Uconnect / radio, cuts out, pops, this too will be dealt with at dealer. No cabin air filter for these trucks, guess that was a cost savings from manufacturer, I installed my own in 15 min. at a cost of $28.00 great investment. Glad I purchased the warranty. Pro's: Drove on vacation, I always use cruise, 19 MPG avg for trip of 2600 miles.

So far so good!
By cyoung6 on 08/30/12 10:45 AM (PDT)

2011 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my husband's truck but since I have driven it on numerous occasions, I thought I would write a review. First of all, I am a petite woman (5ft) and this big truck is moderately comfortable for my small stature. My husband is over 6ft tall and it suites him just fine, as well. The truck is an animal in the snow with great traction control and handling. We have 4 wheel drive and hemi option. The mileage is great for a big truck with a big engine. We average about 20mpg and the eco mode urges economical driving habits. Love the dark green color we have.

Most comfortable, economical truck ever
By atraveler on 06/02/12 21:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my truck used, with about 20k miles, I have driven it around 4 k with absolutely NO problems. Driving the speed limit on the highway, using cruise, very little hard acceleration or braking, I am getting around 23 mpg. I have owned 4 Dodges and several Fords and Chevys, and so far, this is the best. I would recommend it to anyone.

First vehicle I have had in years.
By olddirt on 04/11/12 21:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have just under 8k on the truck and runs great smooth and the econmy gets better daily. It seems to get better milage above 65 mph than below. I have had no issues with the truck. I have asked for help with some of the options like phone link. but this is this the vehicle I've ever had it in. I have owned a number of other trucks from 1/2 ton to Mack dump trucks and cars from shelbys show qualty jeeps. and I was as happy as I am with this truck.

Used 2011 Ram 1500 Quad
By jbredbug on 01/09/12 07:41 AM (PST)

2011 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a 2011 used Ram 1500 Quad (SLT). I've had it 8 weeks now, so I'm still in the "honeymoon stage". That said; so far it's a great truck. The ride is exceptional in the front seats. The rear seat is cramped (it's a quad not a crew). The quad has more bed length. I have the 4.7, not the Hemi (5.7). On the highway, I get 22mph. With easy city driving, I'm avg. 17 (with the AC off). It has a quiet, smooth ride. The quality apppears to be there inside and out. I have not towed with it yet.

Thoroughly Drive This Beast Before You Buy
By jclaeys on 01/05/12 13:27 PM (PST)

2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

If you don't mind a "growly" engine and a vibration in the undercarriage in the "constantly seeking eco mode"..this is your truck. If you don't mind poor sight lines over the fenders, this is your truck..if you don't mind poor gas mileage, ( and, I'm talking 11mpg pure city and 16mpg max on long trips), this is your truck. If you don't mind poor paint quality, and poor customer service at the dealership, this is your truck. Never mind the deal you're going to get....it will cost you dearly when you go to sell it a few months later, when you don't enjoy even driving it anymore.

ECO Mode is terrible but great ride.
By dvp16 on 12/28/11 08:07 AM (PST)

2011 Ram 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great ride, smooth, quick. Nice interior, better than Ford's. The bad- the ECO mode or MDS that cuts the engine to four cylinders to save fuel is terrible. Runs rough, sputters despite program flash from dealer. I had a 2011 Jeep with the same engine and the MDS switch was flawless. So this must be a "Ram" problem. Check out some Ram forums and see the complaints about the ECO and MDS before purchasing. Drivers are placing the transmission in 5th gear to keep the MDS from engaging. I guess we know why Ram sales continue to fall. Chrysler will not listen to the owners.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ram 1500 in VA is:

$136 per month*