Used 2014 Porsche Panamera Sedan Consumer Reviews - 1 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Porsche Panamera Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2014 Porsche Panamera Sedan

View reviews for a specific Panamera model:

Huge dissapointment!!
By Eric C.

2014 Porsche Panamera Sedan Turbo Executive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 7AM)

I purchased this car from the dealer brand new with 20 miles on it nearly two years ago. With all the features such as blacked tail light covers, 360 camera views, 20 inch wheels etc. the car is a looker.

About a year ago I start the car to go to work and I get a transmission error. The warning says the car is driveable but I call the srevive department immediately! I notice the car won't go into 3, 5 or 7th gear. So I basically limp to the dealership for service.

Two days later I get it back and I was told it was a software and transfer case issue. All is well or so I thought.

Last week same scenario. Start the car, warning light again. I call the dealer, limp to the dealership get in my loaner and leave.

This time I get a call they have to replace the entire tranny! !!!!

Ok, now I'm upset. Almost 200k on a car with 27k miles and the tranny goes out twice?????? Again, I'm the original owner and all service has been performed by the dealer.

Now it's time to reassess my intent on keeping this car!!

I've owned various luxury Marques to include, Mercedes, Jaguar, and Lexus. Not one of them needed a new transmission! !!

The 2002 S Class I owned had 14 miles on it when I bought it. I kept it for 9 years and put over 180k miles on it. The biggest expense I even had was replacing the front end suspension and that was due to normal wear and tear.

How does Porsche get away with being called the most reliable and we'll built luxury car when their famous PDK transmission failed twice in less than 30k miles???

Having a conversation with my lawyer at this point.