Used 2010 Porsche Panamera Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Porsche Panamera - Consumer Reviews

2010 Porsche Panamera

View reviews for a specific Panamera model:

Parking position jump to reverse
By adi

2010 Porsche Panamera S 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 7AM)

Parking position jumped to reverse, couldn't believe it. I managed to stop the car in the last second. Very big safety problem.

Best Car for the Year 2010
By Panamera is Fun

2010 Porsche Panamera S 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 7AM)

The Panamera has the Porsche heart and soul and is very responsive. I was not sure on my move from multiple 7Series BMWs for the past 25 years, but the move is fun. The car has many excellent features specially the interior design and the equipment placement. The PCM has many aspects and it is very responsive to the driver demands.

Favorite Features

Sport & sport Plus. Tail Spoiler. Sound System and the 0-60 fast pick up. In dash built-in GSM phone.

Suggested Improvements

Voice Command is a must and should not be an option.

Poor Engineering or a lemon?
By CB III

2010 Porsche Panamera 4S 4dr Sedan AWD (4.8L 8cyl 7AM)

So took possession of my Panamera in March of '10. Strange noise from the car engine right after delivery. The master tech @ Porsche stated nothing was wrong. After I kept insisting something was wrong, the North Amer Porsche tech looked at it. Needs a new transmission! This passed Friday, the engine failed. Brought it in and the Porsche dealer stated they could look at it in a couple of weeks. I have owned 7 Series BMW's since '96. Never had service with an attitude like this in all my years with BMW. So the car looks great, drives extremely well, but I am seriously concerned about the engineering. Did they push this model out to quickly? Did they train the techs to service it?

Favorite Features

Fun to drive (when it runs)

Suggested Improvements

Train your service techs before introducing a new model. Also try some better customer care. Its at $112,000 car that has serious problems. Why treat the customer like its my fault!

The Second Best Sport Sedan
By Princeton73

2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 7AM)

I absolutely am infatuated with this car. I believe its only the second best sedan because my wife has the Mercedes Benz CLS 63 AMG. Though I believe that the CLS is slightly better, this car is a close competitor. The Panamera is slightly less luxurious and ever less sporty, but given that we needed a second sedan, we didn't want two of the same car. The Panamera is great for road trips and trips to the supermarket. The CLS is made for the night in the town or for weekends. Both are fantastic cars, and I'd recommend them both. We have put around 5,000 miles on the Porsche so far. Both the MB and the Porsche have breathtaking performance. Both cars were around the same price ($145,000).

Favorite Features

The Panamera Turbo is gorgeous in the Sterling Silver color we ordered. It glistens beautifully in the Southern California sun. The NAV system is a breeze to use. The car has perfect weight distribution, and keeps up pretty well with the CLS around the track.

Suggested Improvements

As some other reviewer has said, the exhaust note is not quite like the AMG engine. But, there are very few improvements to be made. This car is phenomenal.

Best Car Ever
By Bash

2010 Porsche Panamera S 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 7AM)

I finished 500 miles on the new Panamera. After BMW 750 and MB. I was surprised with performance and comfort of this car. It is without any doubt, the most fun car to drive I ever had. It is surprisingly very comfortable, roomy and powerful. Unmatchable experience.

Favorite Features

Engine, Transmission, PDK, Touch screen controls, Reliability. So far, the perfect Car.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing so far. Long list of pricey options that can raise the price tag quickly