2010 Porsche Panamera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Panamera model:
Parking position jump to reverse
By adi on 05/15/10 15:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Porsche Panamera S 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 7AM)

Parking position jumped to reverse, couldn't believe it. I managed to stop the car in the last second. Very big safety problem.

Best Car for the Year 2010
By Panamera is Fun on 05/10/10 14:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Porsche Panamera S 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 7AM)

The Panamera has the Porsche heart and soul and is very responsive. I was not sure on my move from multiple 7Series BMWs for the past 25 years, but the move is fun. The car has many excellent features specially the interior design and the equipment placement. The PCM has many aspects and it is very responsive to the driver demands.

Poor Engineering or a lemon?
By CB III on 05/05/10 17:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Porsche Panamera 4S 4dr Sedan AWD (4.8L 8cyl 7AM)

So took possession of my Panamera in March of '10. Strange noise from the car engine right after delivery. The master tech @ Porsche stated nothing was wrong. After I kept insisting something was wrong, the North Amer Porsche tech looked at it. Needs a new transmission! This passed Friday, the engine failed. Brought it in and the Porsche dealer stated they could look at it in a couple of weeks. I have owned 7 Series BMW's since '96. Never had service with an attitude like this in all my years with BMW. So the car looks great, drives extremely well, but I am seriously concerned about the engineering. Did they push this model out to quickly? Did they train the techs to service it?

The Second Best Sport Sedan
By Princeton73 on 05/02/10 19:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 7AM)

I absolutely am infatuated with this car. I believe its only the second best sedan because my wife has the Mercedes Benz CLS 63 AMG. Though I believe that the CLS is slightly better, this car is a close competitor. The Panamera is slightly less luxurious and ever less sporty, but given that we needed a second sedan, we didn't want two of the same car. The Panamera is great for road trips and trips to the supermarket. The CLS is made for the night in the town or for weekends. Both are fantastic cars, and I'd recommend them both. We have put around 5,000 miles on the Porsche so far. Both the MB and the Porsche have breathtaking performance. Both cars were around the same price ($145,000).

Best Car Ever
By Bash on 05/02/10 18:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Porsche Panamera S 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 7AM)

I finished 500 miles on the new Panamera. After BMW 750 and MB. I was surprised with performance and comfort of this car. It is without any doubt, the most fun car to drive I ever had. It is surprisingly very comfortable, roomy and powerful. Unmatchable experience.

One World Class Drive
By Vanquish S on 04/25/10 15:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 7AM)

Having lots of cars over the year, I appretiate the Panamera Turbo. It has the power of my Turbo Carerra and Aston, and the smoothness and comfort of my BMW 7series. My wife love it- not intimidating, but a sleeper that the whole family can fit in with equal room front and back and lots for shopping bags. She feels that it handles like her Boxster, but a much larger car is it. I still love the sound of my vanquish s, but the Panamera Turbo gets all the looks too. They just know what it is. Truly, a world class drive. Would never think of a Ferrari 612- why?

Porsche Panamera 4S
By Porschefan on 04/17/10 19:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Porsche Panamera 4S 4dr Sedan AWD (4.8L 8cyl 7AM)

Just purchased this car after months of research, test drives and deliberation. This car is absolutely phenomenal! It has all of the basic Porsche characteristics that every fan loves, but with heavy dose of luxury, quiet and comfort. When the car is is Sport Plus mode, the engine literally growls-- displaying plenty of torque. The styling is unique and was probably the biggest hurdle for me, personally. However, once you drive the car, you can't wipe the smile off your face. It's just that good!

Four door 911 turbo
By jbald on 03/05/10 14:11 PM (PST)

2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo 4dr Sedan AWD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 7AM)

Porsche has built a four door luxury fitted sedan with the handling and acceleration feel of a 911 turbo. By what miracle is this accomplished. If you want to relax and enjoy the superb sound system on the highway, so be it. If you prefer to leap off the line and humble most sports cars and then out run them in a sweeper then do that too

Absolutely phenomenal sports car!
By Porschephile on 02/15/10 14:11 PM (PST)

2010 Porsche Panamera 4S 4dr Sedan AWD (4.8L 8cyl 7AM)

I had the highest expectations for this Porsche, the 8th one I've been blessed to own in my lifetime, and it exceeded every one of them! This car is spectacular in every sense. Superb styling, in and out, despite what the car mags say, performance that rivals cars half it's size (including my Aston Martin Vantage), incredible technology and sheer driving bliss! The performance/ride settings can satisfy any and all desires. It can be a supple cruiser or a beastly racer, and it weighs over two tons! Are you kidding me?? And the controls are superbly designed and executed. I am having an inappropriate relationship with this car!!

Test drive sold the car!
By safeman on 02/03/10 01:15 AM (PST)

2010 Porsche Panamera S 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 7AM)

So I looked at everything from Cadillac, Maserati, Aston Martin, BMW M5 & M6, MB CLS 63 AMG. I drive a lot and I like to be able to take people out and throw the "just have to buy it" items at Costco in my car without having to run home for my truck. I wanted something dependable, sporty, comfortable, packed with luxury, with some power, and unique. I found everything I was looking for in the Panamera. It is perfect as one reviewer wrote. It is not the fastest this is true but I'm not a racer. It is just a great car to drive

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Porsche Panamera in VA is:

$147 per month*