2016 Porsche Macan SUV Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Porsche Macan SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Macan model:

The Mecan
By Bill D.

2016 Porsche Macan SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7AM)

Not only does the car look absolutely fabulous, but it handles and drives like a Porsche. The interior looks like the cockpit of an aircraft. We bought this car because a neighbor who is a car buff said it was the best car he has ever owned; he was spot on!

great car
By lou amato

Practical Porsche
By Moosedoc

2016 Porsche Macan SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7AM)

Owning a Porsche generally means giving up on some degree of practicality in terms of having a car that is a "daily driver". The Macan lets those of us with kids still in car seats have the opportunity to enjoy Porsche's legendary performance in a vehicle that is at home at the mall as it is on the track. The highest levels of performance come on the GTS model, but the "S" model offers plenty of acceleration and more capability than most drivers will ever exploit. The 18 way power seats are phenomenal and a worthwhile upgrade. The "premium plus" option includes keyless entry and ignition as well an upgraded sound system and ventilated/ heated seats. The 2017 model year has an upgraded touch screen navigation that is better than previous models, but not nearly as user friendly as some of the competitions. The packages will easily turn this $54,000 car into $70-90,000 car, but nobody walks into this purchase expecting a great value.

Buy One Buy Two
By Inka

2016 Porsche Macan SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7AM)

I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8....470 hp Hemi a blast to drive.....right up until I bought my wife a Macan S. I trimmed it out to my liking so suffice it to say it's a bad azz all around vehicle. The power is plenty, the handling is insane and I love the look of this car....Agate gray with black wheels.

When I have a choice to take a car out it is now always the Macan.....always. The Jeep is 4 years old now and guess what I did? I ordered a Macan Turbo for me. 120 more days and I'll have no more envy issues. I looked at the GLE 63S and other bigger Performance SUV's but afer a year of looking I was afraid whatever I Bought wouldn't equal the Macan. Why fight it?

If I hear one more time the Macan is the baby brother to the Cayenne I'm gonna lose it. The Cayenne to the Macan is like a Cessna to a Gulfstream. Please.

Bribed wife to swap with my car
By CQH

2016 Porsche Macan SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7AM)

We traded my wife's Cayenne Diesel for Macan S as our kids are older now and our youngest will now drive in a year. I loved driving it so much that I bribed her to take my 2014 BMW 535iX mSport and a promise that she can pick a luxury sedan when the BMW's lease comes up in 5 months.

The Macan S is now my daily driver into Manhattan and it's a pleasure to drive. It's pretty comfortable, extremely tight and fun to drive. I got the White Ash interior package which is very unique and extremely high-end looking. Just feels like a million bucks when driving. The only knock on it is the base stereo is not very good (I overlooked it because I liked the White Ash interior so much and didn't want to wait 3 months).

The S is plenty of power with 340 hp. Turns heads and just... so much fun to drive.