2015 Porsche Macan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Porsche Macan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Macan model:

Sport Sedan in an SUV Body
By Tom

2015 Porsche Macan S 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7AM)

I had mixed feelings about buying this car because I had a Lexus RX400h with 105,000 miles on it that was still a perfectly good car. I didn't need a new car, however I was so tired of driving the Lexus. And the difference in driving pleasure of the Porsche vs. Lexus is night and day. The Porsche is an SUV that is actually fun to drive. Great handling and acceleration. And while the Lexus was comfortable, the Porsche feels much more special with higher quality fit and finish. I'm partial to Porsche's based on currently owning a Boxster S and having 911's in the past. The Macan is very bit a Porsche. I also test drove the new Volvo XC90 and BMW X5 before deciding on the Macan S. Both have interiors just as nice as the Macan, and in fact I liked the Volvo interior the best. However neither came close to the driving performance and feel of the Macan S.

If you can, do it!
By Sonny Greene

2015 Porsche Macan Turbo 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 7AM)

I love this CAR!!!
By travis

2015 Porsche Macan S 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7AM)

Compared to any other car I have ever owned, this tops the cake! Drives like a car, yet sits higher and has a bit more carrying capacity than a car. I no longer get upset about sitting in traffic, even though this car wants to race!!

Best of Both Worlds: Sports Car and Space
By Robliski

2015 Porsche Macan S 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7AM)

After owning a Mercedes Benz ML 500 for 6 years, I decided it was time to change. Since we were sort of out of the woods (no more strollers and other junk that the parent of a baby or toddler has to carry around), we were willing to downsize a little bit. We test drove the new ML which was more of the same with a few more bells and whistles and knew that we wanted something different. Something unique. Test drove the Maserati Ghibli and it was very nice but we did not consider buying it; it would have to have been a lease. Considered buying a Porsche Panamera. Test drove the Panamera and I loved the PDK (Porsche Dupple Kupplung; double clutch) transmission. Very smooth, quick, and responsive gear changes. But the Panamera felt like a boat and the standard 6 cylinder did not have enough juice. I read about Macan and began to really research it and decided to take one for a test drive at work and I was sold on the spot. I had just bought a 911 at that time and the Macan felt like a 4 door 911. Took the wife to the dealership for a test drive and she loved it as well. I also test drove the Cayenne. The Cayenne felt more like the ML - felt heavy and wasn't peppy. We ordered the Macan around Holloween and got it March of this year. After 6 months of ownership I cannot find a single flaw with the car. It is amazing in every way. It is very responsive and agile. It handles really well. The PDK transmission is very smooth and shifts great and has real paddle shifters instead of those terrible buttons. Switch it into sport mode and the transmission shifts are even quicker and the entire responsiveness of the car is even better. I truely feel like this car is a 4 door 911. There is also plenty of space for luggage for those trips to the beach and/or for going out of town. I've heard some complaints about the rear seat knee room, but everything has a price in my opinion and there has to be a compromise somewhere between sportiness and space which in concept are opposing principles.

Safety First - He ran a red light!
By Steve Lackey

2015 Porsche Macan S 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7AM)

My wife and I along with some friends thought we go see some interesting art yesterdat. Less than a mile from the house, we were hit on the driver side by a PU that was going about 45-50mph. He never touched his brakes from what I can tell. My view was block by another vehicle but I did see catch him out of the side of my eye right before impact and was able to swerve a little. Both side impact bags deployed and surprisingly, no glass was broken. It spun us in a complete 360. The vehicle did what it was design to do and there was no intrusion into the passenger cabin however the truck did do a number on the left rear tire and wheel. The only injury was to the occupant in the rear passenger seat suffering 6 fractured ribs from the seat belt, but I'll take that any day. I haven't inspected the vehicle but I'll bet that it's totaled. This accident happened so fast that none of the passengers were able to brace. I am very pleased with how it did with this impact to the driver's side passenger door albeit not a Tbone. I understand from the Euro safety test that the Macan got good grades and that was proved up this Sept 5th. If anyone wants pictures, I have some.

• SUV