2014 Porsche Cayman Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Porsche Cayman - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayman model:

2010 Cayman S vs. 2014 Cayman S
By witchknows

2014 Porsche Cayman Coupe S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2010 Cayman S, great vehicle, Edmunds is spot on about the steering, it was better in the old model. But the new 2014 model is much more comfortable and forgiving on last distance runs. The NAV / Bose Sound System / Interior much better than previous model. Handling is exceptional and exterior looks greatly improved. My only issue is that I bought a dealer demo with 750 miles. It was delivered to me W/O inspection. Had problems with power seat & unbalanced tires. One of the tires I found a nail in it and cost me $446 to get a new one. Avoid The Collection in Miami.

Favorite Features

Mid-Engine, handling & performance. PCM / NAV very user friendly.

Suggested Improvements

Keyless Entry / Push Button Start / Rearview Camera all should be standard on a vehicle in this price range.

What more do you need!
By casapulla

2014 Porsche Cayman Coupe S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought a 2014 Cayman S. Base price $63,800.00 after options sticker was over $ 84,000.00. The only negative about this car. But no regrets. I can't say how much I love this car. The feeling you get when you get behind the wheel and turn the key and hear that engine behind you is a like a natural high. And when you get it out on the road and hit the pedal in Sports Plus the rush is amazing. This car has all the power you need. Actually you can't really get to enjoy it because there is not many roads that you can really take advantage of what this car can deliver. This is my second Cayman. First was a 2007 Cayman Base. The difference in the 2014 is amazing. A total different car.

Favorite Features

Everything!!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Make options more affordable.

Base 2014 Cayman
48 of 64,958 people found this review helpful
By cobrienmx

2014 Porsche Cayman Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car from Brumos and had the most positive experience ever buying a car. Delivery took about an hour. The quality of this car is outstanding, it handles like it is glued to the ground, and there is plenty of power to get you out of trouble immediately. Luggage space is impressive and long drives are comfortable. I got 29.2 mpg with the cruise control set to 80. I never thought I would be doing this I have become addicted to performance driving schools and events. Although this car is no dragster (275 hp vs 600+), it is unmatched by most cars in turns and is extremely well balanced. (thank you blue flag) If a driver can smoothly carry momentum they will be tough to hang with.

Favorite Features

Overall quality is excellent. It is a solid vehicle in all respects and it is very beautiful and slightly menacing looking. You will get attention. The controls are well thought out. It is a driving car and that is what the focus is on. The passenger gets all of the features (adjustable heated and ventelated seats, independent climate control, etc.)

Suggested Improvements

For most casual drivers the car is excellent. It is sexy, comfortable, economical, and safe. Larger people, over 6'3" or big, could likely begin to feel cramped as the seats only go back so far. In that case, this simply isn't the car for you. All Porsches are made to order and highly customizable. If you find one on a lot, the dealer specified the configuration. My wish, since I have been bitten by the performance driving bug, is a 400hp GT model with all of the advanced performance features that are available to the 911 GT3.