2009 Porsche Cayman - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayman model:
Cayman S PDK & Sports Chrono
By Cayman S PDK on 08/12/10 15:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

We stopped by a Porsche dealership to test drive the 911 S. My wife saw the Cayman S, and she wanted to test drive it as well. We ended up with the mid-engine Cayman S. Best decision I've made.

Fun Car, But Not a Daily Driver
By DeeM on 04/16/10 21:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.9L 6cyl 6M)

The 2.9 L Cayman has plenty of power for the public roads with good low-end torque. Cabin space is limited while the rear window provides limited visibility. The exterior design grows on you and it is refreshing since the 911 has not changed much in its history. I had an issue with a missing key which took over 1 hour for the dealer to program. The passenger window does not close properly with automatic feature. I dislike Porsche dealers and salespeople - they think it's so special. It's expensive. The interior materials are top quality now with lots of leather, alcantara, and carpeting. Fit is solid with only a minor rattle from passenger side. Ride is very hard, especially with 19"

goodbye bmw
By ricardo c on 02/04/10 16:23 PM (PST)

2009 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a cayman S 09 and sold my bmw 3series. This Cayman is simply awesome. Its acceleration and handling is unlike any car I have ever driven. Additionally, the looks are superb. I just never get tired of looking at the car.

Nothing even comes close
By anonimo on 11/20/09 19:38 PM (PST)

2009 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Fantastic engine, brakes, chassis, steering, interior... this really is the finest true spots car value available. Had an Audi TTS and while it was a very capable and well-built sports car, it just didn't offer the the perfect balance and driving dynamics of the Cayman. And the beautiful curves of the exterior are very reminiscent of the classic 911s of the 80s and 90s. The Cayman has become the ultimate Porsche (and an especially exceptional value with current incentives!).

Cayman S 19 inch wheels
By Anthony T on 10/27/09 14:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Already own 1987 Porsche 930, have owned for 13 years. Drove new vette, new 911, sl 65, fell in love with cayman s, handles likes it's on rails, top end is very good for normally aspirated six. Pulls hard in every gear. Lots of low end grunt. Great looks. If you like 911s, this car will out handle any 911. Sounds awesome from in the car. Feels like it's carved out of a solid piece of granite. Very rugged little car.

95% 911... 70% THE COST
By tammi on 09/25/09 19:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Plain and simple…this is one awesome car. Great acceleration, lightweight, great handling and heart stopping top speed. The Cayman S is like a rollercoaster ride without leaving the ground. Will you get more with the 911S? Yes. Is it worth the extra 25-30K. I don’t think so.

Wow--the best
By Tony on 09/06/09 12:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.9L 6cyl 6M)

Great car--connected to the road, fast and plenty of low-end torque with the new PDK auto transmission, even in the my 2.9 model. Impeccable build quality, just don't overdue the options, or else it will get very expensive! (for example, standard manual seats are GREAT, no need for sport seats or even electric). Stunningly beautiful, espec in light colors (white, silver, etc.). The best handling car I ever had (including BMW's and Audi's), it probably has changed my life some in that I LOVE (instead of dreading) my 45 minute commute to work back and forth every day. (Chose this over the 335i in the end, a great car too but so refined that some of the pure joy was engineered out of it)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Porsche Cayman in VA is:

$139 per month*