2008 Porsche Cayman Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayman model:
One of the best
By franklinbrit on 05/05/14 11:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayman Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have own the Cayman for four years now was only a year old with 7,000 miles on the clock when I purchased, its does have the PASM/Chron options which I love the sport mode feature, only car I have ever owned that actual makes a difference to the car performance when you turn it on, I see several comments on the cars stereo system which is a bit out of date no Bluetooth or iPod/MP3 player as standard, cost me $700.0 for so, so IPod connections but, the best thing to do is turn off the stereo open the widows and drive it hard through a tunnel “sounds fantastic” true Porsche music.

I've ruined all other cars for myself...
By blue098 on 05/14/12 12:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayman Coupe S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car used 12 months ago and have put over 10K miles on it. Every mile driven has been a joyous one and I've had no performance or mechanical problems with it so far (at 28K total miles). A few minor interior rattles (easily fixed) and some minor comfort issues for the longer trips but without a doubt the most fun & engaging vehicle I've ever driven. And I've driven cars of all types, sizes, shapes, and costs. People regularly give it some great looks when I'm driving around town and rarely does a highway trip happen that someone doesn't pull up next to me with a "thumbs up". Sounds great, handles great, and has more storage room than you'd think given it's size.

Awesome
By Mikey on 05/28/10 11:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayman Coupe S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. I had a BMW before, but the Cayman is a true sports car. I have had the car for 3 months and have already had 5 people stop me at read lights or the gas station to tell me how awesome the car looks.

Great Car, One Small Problem
By John S. on 08/24/09 21:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayman Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Most beautiful car I've ever owned, with sharp performance to match. Acceleration could be better for the price, but I was never planning to do any drag-racing anyway. The big problem is the abominable base stereo, which came with the car as ordered by the dealer (it was a leftover 2008 that I got a very good price). This stereo was state of the art in 1970, and I figured I could upgrade it with aftermarket equipment, but at $2200 just for new speakers and amps, I decided to just live with it. If you get a Cayman, be sure to order the Bose upgrade.

Turn the radio off
By NewHope Girl on 07/20/09 19:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayman Coupe S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2008 Cayman S two months ago, have scored 2000 miles. Fun, fun to drive. The only down side is the sound system. It has intermittent bugs, which of course, the dealer can never recreate. I have a Bose in my other car, and know that it can sound much better.

Best Car I have ever owned
By TH on 05/19/09 07:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayman Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for one year. It has been great. Two major trips of 1,000 miles, plenty of room for luggage for two. No need for trips to the dealership, reliability is the best I have seen in years. Well put together, a great engine sound, seats and ride is very acceptable for a sports car. Great Fuel economy - average 24 mpg around town and 31 mpg on our two trips.

A Little Bummed
By RandyW on 04/15/09 08:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayman Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first Porsche. I've had Lexus, Mercedes, Corvette,and Nissan Z, but this is the most fun to drive and boy does it get the stares and looks. I'm challenged all the time on the highway to test driving skills by other drivers.

Absolute blast and practical
By hook on 03/21/09 10:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayman Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Cayman used with 1000 miles on it. The next day my wife and I left on a trip to a wedding and vacation in NYC. We were able to pack for week long trip with formal clothes for rehearsal dinner and formal wedding. All our luggage fit no problem. I then got sick and my wife had to drive to NYC she had not driven a manual in 10 yrs and wanted to practice before leaving the hotel. She shifted twice said this is great and before I knew it we were comfortably cruising at 80 mph. My car in 9 months has been trouble free and a blast to drive. This is my first Porsche and I would gladly buy another.

Love It!
By CSDriver on 12/27/08 08:01 AM (PST)

2008 Porsche Cayman Coupe S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Drove my Cayman S for about 6 months before storing it for the winter. I use it as my daily driver. I now look forward to driving to and from work and on date nights with my wife. The performance is great and I many times take the long way home to spend a little more time in it. I recommend the Bose stereo upgrade for more low end punch, but many times I find myself listening to the engine sounds more than the radio/cd. Be careful with your customization as it can be expensive. Choose wisely. I am very happy with the standard leather interior and dash. A little more durable than having the full leather interior. The ride is firm, but this is a sports car after all.

There are cars and then there is a Cayman
By DrDebt on 10/04/08 10:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayman Coupe S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

When shopping there are some cars that you mull over hoping you won't second guess the decision, and then there some where the decision is made within 30 seconds of turning the key and dropping it into gear. This is one of those. With the sharp snarl of lighting up the 6-cylinders that share the mid-chassis location giving perfect balance, you know this is a drivers' car. Spartan but comfortable, the interior is well laid out and gadget free. Lots of leg and head room, and excellent views without blind spots. Until you've driven a Porsche, you'll not appreciate the torque that makes the 6-speed transmission more than enough to zing to 60 mph in under 5 seconds, and brakes to stop as quick.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.