Used 2008 Porsche Cayman Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Porsche Cayman - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayman model:

One of the best
By franklinbrit

2008 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have own the Cayman for four years now was only a year old with 7,000 miles on the clock when I purchased, its does have the PASM/Chron options which I love the sport mode feature, only car I have ever owned that actual makes a difference to the car performance when you turn it on, I see several comments on the cars stereo system which is a bit out of date no Bluetooth or iPod/MP3 player as standard, cost me $700.0 for so, so IPod connections but, the best thing to do is turn off the stereo open the widows and drive it hard through a tunnel “sounds fantastic” true Porsche music.

Favorite Features

This car has been great to own no problems what so ever gets used throughout the year and have also used it for look weekend breaks, luggage space is surprisingly good for its size, very simply put a great car to drive and own, fit and finish are prefect apart from a ratter from the tailgate gas shocks especially in cold weather? Would I buy another Porsche “O Yes”.

I've ruined all other cars for myself...
By blue098

2008 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car used 12 months ago and have put over 10K miles on it. Every mile driven has been a joyous one and I've had no performance or mechanical problems with it so far (at 28K total miles). A few minor interior rattles (easily fixed) and some minor comfort issues for the longer trips but without a doubt the most fun & engaging vehicle I've ever driven. And I've driven cars of all types, sizes, shapes, and costs. People regularly give it some great looks when I'm driving around town and rarely does a highway trip happen that someone doesn't pull up next to me with a "thumbs up". Sounds great, handles great, and has more storage room than you'd think given it's size.

Favorite Features

Handling, acceleration, looks, reliability

Suggested Improvements

I'd add at least another 50hp into it!

Awesome
By Mikey

2008 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. I had a BMW before, but the Cayman is a true sports car. I have had the car for 3 months and have already had 5 people stop me at read lights or the gas station to tell me how awesome the car looks.

Favorite Features

Interior. I got the tan saddle leather interior in the car which by the way is the only way to go it makes the car. The other interior colors look terrible

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage on the car is rough (maybe because I drive the Porsche like a Porsche should be driven) but it is not that bad. The one thing that really bothered me was the stereo, which looks like it is off a 1970 ford escort and I have the Bose version. I decided to rip out the stereo and put in a to

Great Car, One Small Problem
By John S.

2008 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Most beautiful car I've ever owned, with sharp performance to match. Acceleration could be better for the price, but I was never planning to do any drag-racing anyway. The big problem is the abominable base stereo, which came with the car as ordered by the dealer (it was a leftover 2008 that I got a very good price). This stereo was state of the art in 1970, and I figured I could upgrade it with aftermarket equipment, but at $2200 just for new speakers and amps, I decided to just live with it. If you get a Cayman, be sure to order the Bose upgrade.

Favorite Features

Zooming around corners in a Porsche.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the base stereo. Standardize the cruise control so it works like every other car. Move the ignition key to the right (yes, it's tradition, but it's stupid and irritating anyway).

Turn the radio off
By NewHope Girl

2008 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2008 Cayman S two months ago, have scored 2000 miles. Fun, fun to drive. The only down side is the sound system. It has intermittent bugs, which of course, the dealer can never recreate. I have a Bose in my other car, and know that it can sound much better.

Favorite Features

Handling, easy to look at and sounds great.

Suggested Improvements

Better sound system, MP3 dock, sunroof option.