2007 Porsche Cayman Consumer Review: It just felt right

2007 Porsche Cayman - Consumer Review

S Coupe (3.4L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

It just felt right
By bhegg on

2007 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Ah, what a car. I tested several others - STi, 'Vette, 335i, 370Z. This is the only one that felt just right. Came from a '06 Miata so I didn't want a large car. This had the power, sound, handling, looks...everything. It's just right for me. Sometimes I just wish it had a backseat so I could share the experience w/ more than 1 other person at a time. I have the Carmon Red and it's a beauty but I'm actually surprised at the smiles I get. She definitely holds her own at track days as well of course. Yes, the cup holders seem rather delicate and not well placed - that's why I don't use them. The xenon headlights are very good and I'm happy w/ the stereo. Certified warranty is excellent too!

I love that it looks different compared to other cars on the road. Handling/steering response, exhaust note.

Cup holders - I like the pop-out design but a lower position would be much better.