Used 2007 Porsche Cayman Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Porsche Cayman - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayman model:

My Cayman S
By vipersaint

2007 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Handling without peer; superb balance in the corners; unmatched braking; Porsche quality. Car is funnest to drive of any I've had (inc. Vettes and Vipers) - pure driving experience. Commands attention. Xenon lights a must. Buy the S model, you'll thank yourself in the end.

Favorite Features

Very responsive with handling next to none (and I've driven Ferraris); Xenon headlights should be standard; fun factor is huge.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more hp to be competitive with other sports cars in its class; quick, not fast. Needs more options, and less expensive ones. Ridiculous not to have power seats standard.

A ride in the theme park
By Taxol

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a silver 2007 Cayman with Tiptronic in September 2007. I believe it's one of the few Caymen with Tiptronics in CA. Engine: Tiptronic still delivers excellent power / acceleration without the Cayman S engine. Best of all, it's idiot proof. Inside: the cockpit design is unique. To quote my wife, it feels like getting into a 007 car. However, Tiptronic handle bar does not light up at night. Ride experence: a luxury sedan can get you from point A to point B quietly, without you ever noticing its presence. A Cayman, on the other hand, will turn each driving trip into a Disneyland theme park ride - fun, exciting, but not scary.

Favorite Features

The fun driving experance. Great for showing off to your friends. There are plenty of sports car with smililar horse power and half its price. But then there is only one Porsche. Great toy for men growing up playing Amiga's Test Drive.

Suggested Improvements

Need night lights on the Tiptronic handle bar at night. Pricey.

Porsche... there is no substitute.
By Dan

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is a sportscar that has to be driven to be believed and for the normal driver the 2.7 has more than enough hp and torque to keep a permanent grin on your face. As mine is a daily driver, in heavy traffic, I chose the Tiptronic and I'm not disappointed with its performance at all. In manual mode it shifts extremely quickly and it screams thru the twisty turns, easily keeping pace with my buddy's Corvette... without ever touching the brakes. The car is a real looker in meteor gray with the Boxster S wheels, chrome twin exhaust and I really like the preferred package extra touches. Be prepared to talk "Porsches" to complete strangers drooling over your car as most have never seen one.

Favorite Features

Performance, styling, brakes, cargo space and most of all that "Porsche purr" singing at the back of your head.

Suggested Improvements

The car is perfect, just watch out for the tailgaters trying to figure out what kind of car you're driving.

The REAL Ultimate Driving Machine
By JG

2007 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Porsche after a myriad of other sports cars, Z4, RX-8, several Miatas, SLK, etc. The Cayman S is without question superior to all of the foregoing. Its sound is intoxicating as is its performance and handling, and brakes. It works well as a daily driver, too. It has very satisfactory storage space and holds my golf clubs in the rear trunk with a little juggling. It is just a great car that Porsche is holding back on to keep the iconic 911 on top.

Favorite Features

Handling, performance, sound, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Could use 50 more hp. That's it!

Glued to the Road Always
By Carmona Red

2007 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Bought 6 speed manual Cayman S as pleasure driver, not everyday commuter. Have had for 2 months, have about 3000 miles on it, highlight was a drive up and back on back roads including Highway 1 LA to Monterey for MotoGP a few weeks ago. Handling, shifting, road feel superb, I spent a lot of time going through the twisties and laughing out loud with pleasure. Has plenty of power on the street to get you tickets even if it does not have 911 hp. And it is not even broken in yet. Car gets a lot of looks, and I love the look of it (and I hate the Boxster.) Yes the car is noisy and a very firm ride (19 inch wheels), stereo is so so but listening to the engine is the real musical experience!

Favorite Features

Road handling, the manual shifter, exterior styling, sound of the engine, brakes are extraordinary. In fact when I switch back to my everyday car I have to remember to not go into the curves too hot, and to allow a lot more stopping distance

Suggested Improvements

Did not get the auto AC, regular AC controls are clunky design, and if Porsche bumped the horsepower by at least 50 I'd be ordering a new one, but I do think the current horsepower is not a negative. Bose surround system not very impressive but who cares for this car, I'd buy a Lexus if that was #1