2007 Porsche Cayman - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayman model:
Class Act
By dieseltaylor on 12/10/06 11:40 AM (PST)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Driving the Cayman s brilliant. Even sitting in it you feel 50% better for being alive. Everything is to hand switchgear wise, plenty of seat adjustment, good visibility. The responsiveness of the engine when you are already cruising at 80 reminds you that its really going at half speed. It is so solid on the road that even with side winds doing high speeds. Long bends where previous cars would go light at speed are no problem at all. The only drawback so far are the chips from small stones on the bonnet - well you can't have everything. I bought the plastic trays for the front and rear storage as recommended by the local Porsche Club chairman. Roll on the Panamera : )

True Driver's Car
By bgsntth on 12/04/06 08:43 AM (PST)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is the first Porsche that I have fit into, barring the sunroofless GT3. I have been in a sports car-less funk since I sold my '95 Miata R-package. The Cayman is the perfect replacement. It is a comfortable daily commuter with absolutely brilliant handling and perfect suspension tuning. The 2.7 liter six engine is an absolute gem, very flexible and aurally pleasing. It is also very practical with both trunks and cabin storage.

I'm Sure Glad I Didn't Get the BMW.
By Justs4l on 11/12/06 10:49 AM (PST)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I had ordered a '07 BMW 3-Series Coupe and I thank God every day I get into this car that I purchased a Cayman instead of waiting for the BMW. This car fits like a glove and drives like a dream. I find myself feeling sorry for all those people driving anything other than a Porsche.

Excellent Car
By michele on 10/29/06 15:42 PM (PST)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first Porsche and I absolutely love it! I drove a Jaguar before this one and I definitely prefer the Porsche Cayman. It captures attention every time I'm on the road.

Who Needs the "S"?
By Jim Sirna on 10/28/06 19:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in my 2004 Nissan 350Z and what a difference. The Cayman is refined, has smooth power, incredible brakes, and handling that is go-cart like. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this design is a BEAUTY! It has class, balance, and style. My Cayman has no options except 18" Cayman S wheels which I highly recommend and the Arctic Silver Metallic paint. You don't need anything else and this gets you a sub $50,000 race car for the road.

Fantastic Car!
By P Young on 10/07/06 22:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

In everyday driving the Cayman is civilized, comfortable, and easy to drive. When the traffic thins out and the road opens up, it takes on a whole different personality, gobbling up twists and turns with the engine roaring like a savage beast. After a month I still haven't really used the Bose sound system. The sound of the engine is even better music to my ears. Now that the break-in period is over, I can savor the sounds of the upper rpm range... sweeeet!

Better Than My 2003 BMW M3
By Jordan on 10/05/06 12:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is easily the best overall perfoming car that I have owned. It feels quicker than my BMW M3, except from 70 mph up. Its handling outshines all (for the money) except the Lotus Elise, but the build quality and sound from behind you more than make up for any performance difference. The ride quality allows for daily driving without punishment. Additionally, the manual transmission is wonderfully weighted and precise.

Great Car, but Overpriced
By Scott on 09/29/06 21:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I wanted to test drive the new entry level Porsche. The Boxster S is the same price so it is a better deal. I liked the car, but it needs 50 more horses to really be worth the $55,000 price tag. The handling and shifter are the best. Compared to BMWs and the Corvette, which both cost same amount, this Cayman is way more fun to drive and it has better handling. But 245HP is way to weak for a $55,000 car. Porsche also needs to stop jacking people on the options which can easily add $10,000 - $20,00 more to the car's price. Skip the Cayman and get the Cayman S or 911. But that engine sounds sweet!

Phenomenal Car
By MarkJ on 09/26/06 08:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Without a doubt the Cayman is the best car I have owned, my previous car was an Audi A6 2.7T. This car does it all, it's fast, handles great, and turns heads. It has plenty of usable power. It sounds awesome accelerating. Its build quality is first class. Porsche has built a winnner.

awesome Ride
By jay on 09/23/06 20:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

The Porsche Cayman handles like a dream. Its performance is great, the lines look like a '37 Bugatti Atlantic. Porsche did a great job with this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.