2007 Porsche Cayman - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayman model:
My Cayman S
By Pat on 04/20/07 18:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

This is a true sports car, and sounds like it. The quality of the vehicle is superb. This car is for those that love to drive, and get there quickly and safely. The brakes are the best of any vehicle I have ever driven. The manual transmission is one of the best I have used. I simply love to drive this car.

Fun car
By bulldog on 03/23/07 20:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This has been an absolutely fun car to drive. It is driveable on a daily basis and just a kick to be in. Bought with preferred package plus with tip and love every aspect of it.

Pure Porsche
By MrCoffee on 03/19/07 11:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased my first Porsche and am very happy with its performance. I traded up from a BMW X5 and haven't looked back once. The handling is nothing short of telepathic and cabin comfort is ideal. I opted for the Tiptronic automatic transmission because of traffic and am pleased with its performance. The car has turned a good many heads since I purchased it. The cargo space is surprisingly generous for such a car, as I can fit a (small) bag of golf clubs in the rear hatch.

My Cayman
By Dr. DeVore on 03/10/07 04:48 AM (PST)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned Benz, Z3s, Z4s, Boxsters, RX7s, Talons, and I am ashamed to say 6 Corvettes. The Cayman is one of the most wonderful cars that I have owned. With the rear spoiler up, people actually think I am driving a 911. With the quality and look of the interior, I did not have to go with the 911. The ride is smooth, the handling is superb, and the middle range power and acceleration (60-120) is out of this world! I purchased this one and will own it forever. I retire in 3 years and am looking forward to driving cross country and seeing every sight that I have missed before I pass away. Love my Cayman!

What a Car! Vielen Dank, Porsche!
By mf on 02/28/07 11:33 AM (PST)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

it was time to move into modern times from my 1981 Corvette. I am more than thoroughly pleased with my Cayman! The body design is, well, simply gorgeous. For 245HP, it performs nicely even at >6,000 ft. elevation. The fit and finish are incredible. At a lanky 6' 2", it is more than accommodating. It has lots of luggage space. It will be terrific for our road-trip ventures. My black-on-black certainly turns heads (yes, a little "vanity" there...). It's just a perfect fit. It's a fantastic car for the price, period.

My Cayman Rules
By Dr. Philip DeVore on 02/20/07 15:48 PM (PST)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have driven over 40 autos since the age of 16. 6 Corvettes, 3 BMWs, 3 Mazdas, 3 Mercedes, Talons (Junk), Buicks, 442s, and countless others, but this is the best thing since sliced manifolds. The Cayman is far, above, and beyond any other autos out there. Although it has more horsepower than my Boxster, and less torque, it is the quickest thing I have driven since my 427 vette fitted with tripower (69). The mid range power is fun, and truly sends me and passengers into the seats.

My First Porsche
By ron on 01/31/07 11:08 AM (PST)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have had many Corvettes, all of which were maintenance nightmares. I moved on to the 2004 350Z, which never cost me a dime and delivered lots of performance and pleasure. I wanted to move up to Porsche and liked the mid-engine design. I love the sound this car gives to you with each gear change. It handles better than my Z and is just a touch faster.

Just Picked One Up...
By 767FO on 01/17/07 16:03 PM (PST)

2007 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I just got a new 2007 Cayman S model. I am very happy with it overall. It is great looking, well built, and has a nice interior. It's also very quick. It drives like a sports car, meaning a firm, but not harsh ride. I went with the 19" wheels. Some options should be standard, but that's Porsche. Its gas mileage stinks, but that's to be expected. This car has great German engineering all around, even in the smallest details.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By SRB on 01/01/07 19:31 PM (PST)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is by far the best handling, fun to drive car I've ever owned. The styling is classic. The precision steering and great brakes make it feel safe at all times.

Weekend Delight
By firsttimer on 12/30/06 16:41 PM (PST)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the Cayman to replace our '05 SLK350 and drive it primarily on weekends. I test drove most of the competition as well as the Cayman S and 911 Cabriolet. For me, the Cayman has the perfect blend of style, performance, efficiency and value. Sure, there are times when I think I could use the extra hp but those times have been seldom. Although some will tell you that they prefer the more "classic" line of the 911, I think the Cayman is in a style class by itself. Just hand the key to any valet if you need confirmation. If you want a livable, fun to drive two seater, I don't think there is any car on the market that can match the new Cayman.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.