Used 2007 Porsche Cayman Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Porsche Cayman - Consumer Reviews

2007 Porsche Cayman

View reviews for a specific Cayman model:

My Face Hurts!
By Al

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

From smiling when I drive this thing. It moves where I want it to move and does it quickly and without lag. I love this car!

The feel when sitting in it. It's like you and the car are one.

My only issue is the trunk clunk that someone mentioned here before. I took it in to have it looked at and they "adjusted" something. It got better but it still happens from time to time.

The 2.7 (aka base) Cayman
By Don

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Much has been written/said about the Cayman s; all justified. The Cayman 2.7 has enjoyed fewer reviews, yet it remains a totally engaging Porsche. It has the same platform, same build quality, same fun to drive, better fuel economy (mine gets 27-28 mpg mixed driving... And runs at 30+ at steady freeway speed!). So, what is the downside? surely not the 10k less Price! Yes, it has 50 less hp, concomitantly less torque and 5 speeds instead of the lovely 6 speed. But for daily driver duties, one cannot even use the 245 hp the Cayman 2.7 offers! I've taken my 2.7 on a track day (thunderhill) and find that it handles and marks well most other makes and was a blast to drive.

Superb handling, Porsche through and through.

Though this is a review of the Cayman 2.7, the main improvement would be for Porsche to offer a "Cayman RSR"... with a 3.6 (RS) motor and race it in GT2 in the ALMS... Ferrari look out!

Fantastic Sports Car!!
By nuckinfuts7

2007 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I fell in love with this car at the 2006 LA Auto show and ordered it from the factory, spec'd just like I wanted it. Waited nearly 4 months for it to arrive, but well worth the wait. This car is special in every way. Plenty of power, handles better than anything I've driven (I own two other sports cars that are very highly rated), and looks great! I'm of average size and weight, and strapping into this thing feels like stepping into my favorite pair of jeans. (Might be a bit small for anyone taller than 6'2".) Handling is it's strongest suit - feels like it will never break loose!

Six speed manual, Porsche Active Suspension Management, Bose surround sound stereo. Decent gas mileage. Plenty of luggage space, using rear hatch and front trunk.

None, really - although I get the impression that the car could easily handle another 100 horses.

Porsche Cayman
By Fitzhugh B. LEE

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Have 1500 miles so far on this 2007 Cayman. Steering is tight, precise, responsive and consistently provides an "on-rails" cornering experience. The acceleration is quick, but not overpowering. The engine sound is great! The looks are superb, and the gas mileage is surprisingly good. I'm averaging around 26 mpg. Have yet to take it on an extended cross country, but anticipate that the mileage will increase with more miles on the engine. I use this car almost daily and it is always a thrill to drive. The seats are form fitting on my 6 foot 1 inch frame and as a consequence are warm to my back, but there is plenty of head and leg room. Cargo room is generous for a car in this class.

Looks, handling, quality of build, storage, gas mileage, more Porsche bang for the buck. I'm a retired Marine Corps helicopter pilot and love the cockpit feel and performance of this car. I also love the attention to detail throughout. Hard to beat this driving experience.

I have experienced a "trunk clunk" several times going over certain bumps. Porsche needs a fix for this. The Bose stereo needs to de-tune the bass. It's as though the loudness compensation is on all the time. I have to go to negative numbers to compensate for this.

Rock Solid
By Leo Pappas

2007 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

This car is better than I dreamed. It is rock solid and feels like it was carved out of a single slab of granite. It is extemely well balanced and the back end just digs in at virtually any speed. It just wants to run fast and is a joy to drive. It is more immpressive in the corners as I find myself seeking tight curving roads. I get looks and compliments all the time. Well worth the purchase.

Sport Chrono and the optional full leather.

The only thing i'd say is 100 more HP.