Used 2007 Porsche Cayman Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Porsche Cayman - Consumer Reviews

2007 Porsche Cayman

View reviews for a specific Cayman model:

Great car
By pbschroeder

2007 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

We have had this car for about a month. It is much faster than our '06 Boxster. The engine sounds great. We have an automatic, which makes it a bit of a gas hog, but it shifts quickly and rockets away from the line.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, Bose stereo

Suggested Improvements

Ipod/bluetooth, fuel economy

Better than I expected
By jim lentini

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Have been interested in this car for a while. Finally had the chance to drive one and fell in love. Plenty of room with the seat all the way back, great driving position, perfect balance and the sweet sound of the engine. I don't think it gets much better than this. Plan on having this for a long time.

Favorite Features

great looks, comfort, steering feel and sound during hard acceleration

Best car I have driven
By Susan

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I previously had an SLK and a Z4 convertible. This 2 dr Cayman is so much more fun to drive. I feel like a million dollars whenever I get in it and have owned it for a year and I am not bored with it yet. I bought it used with low miles and would only trade it in if I was buying another Porsche.

Great Car
By Britain22

2007 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Great car! Have owned it for just over a year and love driving it both to work and on weekend fun trips. Do not plan to drive it cross country, but that was never my intent in the first place. It replaced my Z3 BMW, and while both are really nice cars the Cayman S seems like a star ship, while the Z3 is more of a classic from the 50's. I have yet to find any major issues with the Cayman and hope that it runs as good 10 years from now as it does today. The Navigation system is difficult to figure out the first few times of using it so wish they would team up with Garmin and keep thing simple but it works well once you get it set up.

Favorite Features

The looks of the car along with the security I feel when driving the car at high speeds or in twisty roads. The ergonomics are really good with every control within easy reach

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders are a joke and in the winter they are the best place to "heat" up your soft drinks since they sit right in front of the heater vent outlets. The ride is harsh and road noisy for around town driving with the 19" turbo wheel/tires option, but great on the open road and fast motoring.

It just felt right
By bhegg

2007 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Ah, what a car. I tested several others - STi, 'Vette, 335i, 370Z. This is the only one that felt just right. Came from a '06 Miata so I didn't want a large car. This had the power, sound, handling, looks...everything. It's just right for me. Sometimes I just wish it had a backseat so I could share the experience w/ more than 1 other person at a time. I have the Carmon Red and it's a beauty but I'm actually surprised at the smiles I get. She definitely holds her own at track days as well of course. Yes, the cup holders seem rather delicate and not well placed - that's why I don't use them. The xenon headlights are very good and I'm happy w/ the stereo. Certified warranty is excellent too!

Favorite Features

I love that it looks different compared to other cars on the road. Handling/steering response, exhaust note.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders - I like the pop-out design but a lower position would be much better.