2007 Porsche Cayman - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayman model:
Great car
By pbschroeder on 12/15/10 13:50 PM (PST)

2007 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

We have had this car for about a month. It is much faster than our '06 Boxster. The engine sounds great. We have an automatic, which makes it a bit of a gas hog, but it shifts quickly and rockets away from the line.

Better than I expected
By jim lentini on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Have been interested in this car for a while. Finally had the chance to drive one and fell in love. Plenty of room with the seat all the way back, great driving position, perfect balance and the sweet sound of the engine. I don't think it gets much better than this. Plan on having this for a long time.

Best car I have driven
By Susan on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I previously had an SLK and a Z4 convertible. This 2 dr Cayman is so much more fun to drive. I feel like a million dollars whenever I get in it and have owned it for a year and I am not bored with it yet. I bought it used with low miles and would only trade it in if I was buying another Porsche.

Great Car
By Britain22 on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Great car! Have owned it for just over a year and love driving it both to work and on weekend fun trips. Do not plan to drive it cross country, but that was never my intent in the first place. It replaced my Z3 BMW, and while both are really nice cars the Cayman S seems like a star ship, while the Z3 is more of a classic from the 50's. I have yet to find any major issues with the Cayman and hope that it runs as good 10 years from now as it does today. The Navigation system is difficult to figure out the first few times of using it so wish they would team up with Garmin and keep thing simple but it works well once you get it set up.

It just felt right
By bhegg on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Ah, what a car. I tested several others - STi, 'Vette, 335i, 370Z. This is the only one that felt just right. Came from a '06 Miata so I didn't want a large car. This had the power, sound, handling, looks...everything. It's just right for me. Sometimes I just wish it had a backseat so I could share the experience w/ more than 1 other person at a time. I have the Carmon Red and it's a beauty but I'm actually surprised at the smiles I get. She definitely holds her own at track days as well of course. Yes, the cup holders seem rather delicate and not well placed - that's why I don't use them. The xenon headlights are very good and I'm happy w/ the stereo. Certified warranty is excellent too!

Can't Bring Myself to Replace It
By FTS on 07/04/10 23:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

The vehicle has been perfect for my needs; I commute daily and also enjoy performance driving at the track. I kept the vehicle in stock form and it has not given me any grief or issues. A coolant leak that occurred was handled promptly by dealer under warranty, and that has been the only reliability issue for the past 68K miles. This vehicle exceed my expectations in terms of reliability, versatility and fun factor.

I'm In Love With My Car
By Bob B on 06/25/10 09:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I now know what Queen was singing about all those years ago. Fun does not begin to describe the driving experience. Heavy traffic has prevented me from really opening her up yet, but the couple times I've been able to accelerate hard on to the highway I could not stop smiling from the sheer exhilaration. She sounds incredible, guys look at her with lust in their eyes and, like a previous reviewer, I catch myself looking back at her after I park her at night. I feel like I'm dating a supermodel (German, of course).

More fun than you can imagine
By jnscolo on 09/07/09 20:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

The balanced nature of this car stuns me every time I drive it. The combination of chassis, steering, transmission and engine are the best I have ever experienced. It is an easy car to drive around town, but one time on a twisty mountain road is all it takes to feel the superlative power and handling. It is also the best-looking car I've ever owned. The Cayman is surprisingly practical: trunks front and rear mean errands, weekend getaways for two, or even two sets of golf clubs get the green light. The car has been mechanically flawless for 2+ years, although it has two niggling rattles.

Coupe de grace!
By Jim Harries on 08/31/09 10:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

The Cayman is a superb package. While the car can be comfortably driven in the city, it is a delight on the back roads where traffic is not an issue. The high power-to-low weight ratio and the mid-engine layout make the car nimble and well-balanced with loads of torque. I have owned several coupes and this is the best one by far. It is a car that really responds to you as a driver. And of course the body styling is fantastic!

30K Plus review
By Mark on 08/29/09 23:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

This car is one of the best handling cars I've ever had. I used to race a fully track prepared EVO VIII and the Cayman S is as close as cars come to that. Very exciting over 5200 RPM, plenty of torque and engine sound is aggressive, yet more refined than some kid with a coffee can import. Better yet, it's a great daily driver with plenty of room for groceries, luggage and whatever else you could want (that was the tipping point for me between the Cayman and the 911).

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.