Simply Amazing and Still strong at 95k miles
By vitoaf on
2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)
This car is the best daily driver true sports car you will ever own (unless you want to fit more than 2 ppl). I've driven Lambo, Ferrari, etc... truly amazing cars, but not daily drivers. In this car you can fully utilize it's power and agility on the road while having the reliability of a Honda or Toyota. I'm near the 100k mark and have had no major issues. You want a safe car? This is it. You have all the tools you need to be an offensive driver and when those tools fail, you are surrounded by airbags to soften the blow. This car will follow your line of sight and place you exactly where you tell it to. It's an extension of the driver. This could easily be the only car I ever own.
Favorite Features
The driving experience, and build quality. My car is lowered a little bit on 19's and I drive through some terrible roads in Houston barely suitable for 4x4's on a daily basis. I will put any car through the ringer, and safe to say I am thoroughly impressed with my PCS! It's practically indestructible. The car drives like an extension of you and responds exactly how you would expect it to. I don't buy a car to sit it in a garage, my vehicle is my tool, and just because it's a "Porsche" does not mean I will treat it differently, in fact I expect more from it. This car exceeds all of my expectations. Would love to see it in a 24Hr Lemans race.
Suggested Improvements
Only thing I can think of is that it can get a bit warm in the cabin after a day of hard driving since the engine is directly behind you. Nothing the A/C can't fix though. Easier access to the motor would be nice. Kind of a headache to have to open the top back there. The keys to the car sometimes pops the front trunk accidentally. Can't really think of anything that the average driver would deal with.