2006 Porsche Cayman S 3.4L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 5

2006 Porsche Cayman S - Consumer Reviews

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Base Coupe (3.4L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Base 3.4L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (53 reviews )
Wow, what a ride!
By A.D. on 03/30/06 18:40 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Until now, I've been a BMW guy. Now, I think I am a permanent Porsche convert. This car is like a second skin and performs like a dream. I am 6'1", 220 and the seats are so well designed that you just settle in and enjoy. The exterior design is the best I have seen and the throwback style is very distinctive. The handling on small country roads, with tight turns is superb and on the highway the car is a beast! I will enjoy this car for many years. I understand now why so many 911 fans like the Cayman S more. It is pure fun! Now, if only I can get the tires to last beyond 5,000 miles...

Surprisingly Quiet and Smooth Ride
By Alexk on 03/28/06 12:35 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I was very surprised to find that this car is very quiet (for a sports car). The ride with PASM is also very smooth. The whole ownership experience has been pleasant and the car has so far been very reliable with no service incidents.

Only Minor Complaints
By Michael on 03/25/06 22:07 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Buy this car. It's awesome. It's the only car that I have purchased in my life with NO regrets. I would buy it again today without hesitation, but these need to be fixed for 2007 / 2008: Interior cabin noise is loud. When driving on the weekends that's great (it's a sports car afterall), but Wednesday afternoon with a client on the phone ain't so cool! Callers often ask if I'm in a convertable. No audible horn or noise when locking and unlocking the vechicle from the exterior with the fob. You have to watch for two blicks of the lights when locking which can be difficult to see in the sun. Rear hatchback button on fob is TOO big. I accidently open the rear hatch a lot!

911 Detour
By namyac on 03/16/06 20:57 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

If you are out shopping for a 911 stop by the Cayman department at your local porsche dealer first and save a lot of money. There is so many good things about this car. Terrific handling, to die for cockpit, intoxicating sound and performance, gorgeous looks. My first drive was a 650 mile drive through the mountain west and was as much fun as humans should be allowed to have. This car, dollar for dollar is just about the best thing going. I would love to have a 911 some day, but it may be a while because I love this Cayman.

Affordable 911
By NAMYAC on 03/15/06 20:48 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

If you are trying to muster the financial gumption to buy a 911, stop in the Cayman department of your local Porsche dealer and examine the Cayman. For most of you, this is all the performance you need. I am not sure I can drive it to its full capabilities. Fun, good looking, a dream to drive and a lot less than a 911. Amazingly good ride for a short wheel base. Very cool cockpit and an intoxicating engine sound. Great value dollar for dollar.

Great Car
By JJ on 03/10/06 11:01 AM (PST)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I just picked up my Cayman as a weekend car. So far it hasn't disappointed. Had a minor computer error relating to the passenger airbag, but it cleared up by wiggling the seat around. I chose a pretty plain package- wanted it for performance vs. bells and whistles. The car definitely will get looks- even had someone snap a picture from their phone at a stoplight. I am 6'1" and legroom is a little tight if driving for much more than 1 hour. This thing is a rocket- Drive it like you stole it!

Great, Fun to Drive Car
By MPrins on 03/08/06 10:23 AM (PST)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I managed to buy one of the two Caymans that the factory shipped to Qatar at the beginning of the year (Artic silver, full options "sports" version). It proves to be the perfect car for daily commuting through town, touring along the Cornice and of course, the somewhat higher speed runs on the highways through the country. I am looking forward to take it out on the race track!

Exceeded Any Expectations
By 3ToothCat on 02/28/06 23:19 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

My Porsche Cayman S is extremely fast, yet gives you extreme control. There is no waiting for the power to come. At 4,000 rpm and onward, it's just an animal. Porsche provides any exterior and interior color combinations one would possibly want. This is a good thing and a bad thing. It may be too hard to commit to just one. The view of the rear end is just captivating, the car shows different lines at every angle. There'll always be someone calling it "Boxster Coupe." Don't let that get to you, if you're going to get one, because it is and it isn't. It's so much tighter and sportier than the Boxster, let alone the practicality aspect.

Cayman S
By crfrk on 02/20/06 19:46 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

As pretty as it is, the Porsche Cayman S drives and corners better. I have absolutly no complaints other than a removable engine cover would have been nice. I believe it will live up to all of the write ups I have been reading about it for the last three years. Where do I go from here?

It's a Sweet Ride
By CMM on 02/09/06 11:46 AM (PST)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Porsche Cayman for three weeks now. It's physically a very beautiful car that was designed by engineers. I think the most outstanding aspect is that it is so well balanced. Having the sweet sounding engine mounted aft of your head provides music to the ears (it is not overbearing at all). I chose a lighter paint job (silver) so one can appreciate the beautiful lines. I saw a medium seal grey metallic type paint at the dealer that I thought looked even better than mine. I'd venture that the most common color chosen is silver. The car turns heads, but that isn't why I got it (I'd actually prefer an invisible car). I got it because it appeared to be the best sports car for less than $100,000.