2006 Porsche Cayman S - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.4L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (53 reviews )
Awesome ride!
By bdknights on 06/09/06 07:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

After selling my BMW 330 convertible, I went into the Porsche dealership to test drive a Boxster S and ended up purchasing the Cayman S and I have no regrets. There is no comparison between the Boxster S and Cayman S....the Cayman blows it away, It has much better performance and handling and a sleeker style. The styling is so incredible that everywhere I go I get compliments on the car.

Fantastic!
By K-Man S on 05/28/06 23:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I am the PCA Cayman Register chairman and as such have extensive experience with this car, having owned my personal one since Jan of 2006. The car is an excellent combination of power, agility and engineering. Pictures don't do it justice, you really need to drive this car to appreciate it. I have done several track days with this car and it far and away exceeds my expectations every time. Porsche - There is no substitute!

Smile from ear to ear
By Silvio on 05/18/06 14:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

The Porsche Cayman is a PURE JOY to drive. It has a completely different feel that the Boxster S (the car I traded in) and in my opinion more fun than a 911 and more forgiving to drive. The Bose stereo, xenon, heated seats, 19" etc are musts - I had to settle for no nav as this was an unplanned purchase. I was stuck in traffic by the dealership and they let me test drive the car / fall in love / have to have it / drive it home scenario.

Smooth
By Bluesmaster on 05/07/06 17:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

After three weeks and 1,250 miles, I can honestly say this is the finest car I've ever driven. It has fabulous looks and handling and it is very comfortable with lots of room for a 2 seater. The brakes are wonderful, shifter like butter, and the engine sounds are awesome. I don't mind a long drive in this car, and everyone loves it wherever you go. The car has no bad habits.

better than 911!
By A.Naik on 05/03/06 18:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

The Cayman is one great coupe! I was going to order a MZ4 Coupe, but after seeing it at the auto show, no way. The Cayman S is way better looking and if you can afford one this is the best sports coupe for the buck! This is my second Porsche, it is far superior to the base 911.

Simply the Best
By MiamiBice on 04/20/06 14:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

You drive it once and you can't live without it. The Cayman is built to last and drive! If you are a serious sports car fan, this is your dream car.

A True Dream of a Car
By Mouseclick on 04/13/06 21:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Cayman for two weeks and have put 600 miles on it. The car is a dream all the way around - loaded with PASM, Navigation, Bose stereo, heated seats, xeon, 19", sport chrono pack +, etc. Get the Nav and the CD can play MP3s, although just in a single drive. The Bose upgrade is worth every penny. It sounds better than my Bose system in the house. It's quick and sticks to the ground so well. Plus it is a true head turner!! The cup holders require fully covered lids and "small" sizes, unless you want to spill on your beautiful leather seats. I wish the steering wheel were just a bit smaller (probably an option). But all in all, I'd buy this car all over again. Oh what fun. And that engine sound - WOW!

More Fun than any other Car Owned
By Porsche For Life on 04/12/06 15:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a Cayman S after reading many reviews. I considered a 911 but test drove this car and was sold instantly. Just last night another driver pulled up besides to give me a thumbs up. Its so much fun to drive that I have to wipe the smile on my face after each drive. I have driven it about 2,000 miles in all conditions. I just returned from a weekend road trip and it performed flawlessly. Its handling and control were awesome at all speeds! It had enough room for luggage and packages purchased with room to spare.

A Love Affair
By Aaron Sprague on 04/06/06 23:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

A car that is the essential sports coupe, its more nimble than a ballet dancer and hotter than a super model. This car is balanced to perfection. On short rides in traffic you feel like a jockey on a race horse surrounded by mules, on long rides where you can really open the car up. Turn off the radio and enjoy the music of the 295hp engine singing to you... It says go! Go Faster! Take the long way home!!!

My First Porche
By Old Bull on 04/01/06 11:57 AM (PST)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I picked up my first porche (Cayman S) on March 31. Lets see, I have put 1,000 miles on it in a couple of days. The Cayman is fast and handles well. I bought it with Tiptronic. It is mainly used in a manual mode and it goes! I hope to take it on a long drive i.e., through the mountains real soon. This is a fun car to drive!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.