2006 Porsche Cayman S - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.4L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (53 reviews )
Amazing...
By JC on 08/19/06 09:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

The Porsche Cayman provides really amazing bang for the buck. This car handles impeccably. My only compliant is that the car could use a few more horsepower, but I guess they need to protect the Carerra. It does zero to sixty in 5.1 seconds, which is still pretty darn quick. It is a blast to drive. The sound of the engine above 4,,000 rpm is exquisite. I miss it when I'm not driving. I would skip the Bose stereo system, but the sport shifter and PASM are recommended. It looks great in silver, and much better in person than in photos. I recommend it over the stock Carrera for all around fun, the C4 and turbo versions excepted.

I Love My Cayman!
By michelle on 08/07/06 12:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Everything about this car is great. At delivery the radiator had a leak. I have had no problems since. This is by far the best car I've ever driven. I like it better than my Boxster!

Two Cars in One
By dacrunk on 07/27/06 05:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Cayman S 2 1/2 weeks ago and have driven 2,150 miles to date. What an awesome machine! Putt around town, in traffic and keep the rpm below 4,000 rpm and you have a very docile, easy to drive pussy cat...put your foot into it and it becomes a TIGER above 4,500 rpm. I chose the car for it's styling, handling and engineering and it has far surpassed any expectations I had! To me this machine is a culmination of the very best of every Porsche ever made! Next time I'll pass on the Bose system, as I find the bass a bit too flabby for my taste. For those who want more power, try the driving school, as the race track is the ONLY place you might need more power.

Possibly My Last Car
By esaam ismail on 07/24/06 18:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Since 1992 I've owned the following cars: two twin turbo Toyota Supras, three Acura NSXs, a Honda S2000, and four BMW M3s. I've driven all these cars on the Sebring race track and I was completely blown away by the Cayman S. The handling, power (especially in low gears), the clutch/gearbox, and brakes are phenominal. I was convinced that I was getting the new Z4 M Coupe, but I was lucky enough to have a dealership that had both cars to drive. I drove them 30 minutes apart and the Cayman S was beyond better in every area (except cup holder). I found the car with the options I wanted and had it home one week later.

Fabulous Driver's Car
By JM on 07/24/06 09:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best driver's Porsche south of a 911 RS. The mid-engined layout offers balance and feedback to the driver which is matched only by a Lotus Exige (the difference being that you can get in and out of the Cayman without being a contortionist). It looks much better in the metal than in photographs and the looks grow on you too. Buy it in red or black - rather spend your money on the PASM active suspension option than pay for metallic paint. If you see someone driving a 911 you're never sure if they have bought it for the image - you can be sure the Cayman owner bought it for sheer thrill of driving.

Best of the Best
By Memo on 07/21/06 10:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Porsche after a Boxster and a 911. This is the best performer and most stylish Porsche ever built. It is fun and powerful. If you are not a porfessional driver with access to a speedway, this is the best Porsche you can get and enjoy every single drive.

Cayman S
By P Lo on 07/17/06 15:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

In one word "BALANCE." The Cayman is not the fastest Porsche out there, but it is the most balanced Porsche out there. Its handling combined with it's 295HP motor makes it the best driving Porsche to date. Its fit and finish is right up there with the 997s, and it is likely better looking than the 997. I added the Short Shift Kit from Porsche after delivery made and that made it even sweeter to drive. I can say there isn't a better sports car out there for under $120,000 that can touch it.

Awesome Car
By Tin18cup on 07/11/06 10:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

My 2006 Porsche Cayman has been an incredible all around sports car - not just for performance but for its ease of use around the city.

Cayman is Superb
By Scott on 06/13/06 11:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

The Cayman's gorgeous exterior and interior have drawn more appreciative comments than any car I've owned. The optional leather interior is worth the (high) price, as are the more attractive 19" wheels and the sport seats and steering wheel. The chrono looks good, but like the Sport package is worthwhile only if you plan for track use. Its power is especially good at high RPM, ok at low RPM too but not like my Z06 Corvette. The engine sound is exhilarating but can get tiring on the highway. The optional stereo is excellent.

No Substitue
By zedd06 on 06/09/06 19:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Fellow owners have already expressed my thoughts. I do not have anything more to add other than this is an incredible handling car for the money. The 10-11 pm side profile is absolutely gorgeous! The 12 noon (head on) profile is stunning! My Boxster S' 18" wheels look great against basalt black.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.