Used 2006 Porsche Cayman S Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Porsche Cayman S - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.4L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (53 reviews )

06 Cayman S is a winner
By Dougie Fresh

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

The most beautiful Porsche, ever. It looks great, feels great to drive, sounds great - and that Bose system is just amazing. Only downside is gas mileage.

All around excellent performance in all measures.

Backup camera.

None Better than Cayman S
By kevandev

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Simply the finest auto I've ever driven. Everything about this machine has been thought out completely. Workmanship is outstanding.

One of the most impressive features of the Cayman S is the breadth of the power band within each of the 6 gears.

Quite frankly, I can think of a single thing I would change.

Porsche finally has it right.
By salichtman

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I used to race Porsches and have been waiting for a Porsche that's better than the old 550 RS. I think this one is. Aside from an urge to drive 2 or 3 times the speed limit, this is a perfect car for me. However, that might not be for everyone. It's delightfully noisy, making the multispeaker radio not very useful at speed and hands-off cell phone calls are pretty nearly impossible. For a car that handles this well, it's incredibly comfortable. For a car that accelerates so vigorously and has a top speed around 170 mph, it is unbelievably docile in LA freeway traffic jams. I have about 18,000 miles on her (I name my cars, this one is Chloe) and have had no problems.

Are you kidding? Handling is incredible. Acceleration is great but far from what the chassis can handle. But my favorite is the incredible precision of response of the car to everything I ask.

More piercing horn. More power.

Ten months of pure joy
By Silvio

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Second review - it's been 10 months and the sheer exhilaration of driving the Cayman S is unabated. From the looks of the car to the sweet notes of the exhaust when you redline the car to the cornering ability - pure JOY! It's even fun arguing with all my 911 owner friends which is really the better car (let's not forget Porsche intentionally hit sub 911 performance targets) a real shame, I was under the impression you engineered a car to the most it can be not fit into your marketing campaign, nonetheless my 2nd Porsche and the beginning of a lifelong infatuation with the Cayman S.

Those beautiful curves, what a rear!! The 19" Carrera S wheels are stunning and the exhaust.

Steering wheel - a bit beefier would be nice.

Great Car
By calliebg

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Porsche service costs a fortune, but the service personnel are top notch. This car is a blast to drive, Porsches are the only cars for me.

The performance, brakes, suspension, and build quality.

Improve the gas mileage and power.