2006 Porsche Cayman S - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.4L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (53 reviews )
Cayman S Overview
By ron lewis on 01/31/07 14:23 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

So far my Cayman S has averaged 25-28 mpg. You must use premium fuel in it. It has very firm seats. You must be careful of moving the passenger seat all the way back. It will activate airbag warning system. The dark tinted rear window makes it difficult to see out back. The buttons on the key activate the trunk and engine lids too easily. You must be very careful of potholes in the road, the rims are easily damaged due to their low profile. They are expensive to replace or repair. This car is really fun to drive. It delivers exhilarating performance above 4,000 rpm, It has a low ground clearance, so you must be aware of debris on roads and in driveways. It is easy to strike the undercarriage.

"Performance car of the year!"
By Larry Craine on 01/04/07 16:30 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

The Cayman S has great performance and is truly fun to drive. I have driven Maserati, Aston Martin, and Ferrari, but this is one of my favorites. I have always been a Porsche fan. It's easy to drive and has a great sleek design. The great thing about the Cayman S is it looks much more expensive than the car is priced. The only other car I have driven that comes close is the Maserati Quattroporte and the Aston Martin Vanquish. I love my Cayman S.

Almost the Perfect Sports Car
By lee ohanian on 12/14/06 21:28 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

The Cayman has incredible handling due to its mid-engine design. It is more fun to drive than cars that cost twice as much. It has excellent acceleration, though the car needs to be at least in the 3,000 rpm range for peak performance.

Cayman S
By Scott on 11/14/06 21:17 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

The Cayman S is an excellent car! It is a real joy to drive and a real head turner. With the mid engine design, this car handles the mountain roads like no other.

38,303 of 38,307 people found this review helpful
New Car Impressions
By Tech Guy on 11/13/06 21:26 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I discovered a new white, brown leather Cayman S in the garage a couple of weeks ago; a gift from my wife to liven up a long commute which it does nicely. It has Bose, heated seats, power seats, all the stuff in the performance package plus and I have put on 610 lawfully driven miles so far with no surprises. The manual says take it easy (keep it under 4,200rpm) for 2,000 miles. That means 1,260 not very exciting miles ahead. After that I can tell it is going to be a sweet ride. Its initial fuel consumption is sky high but should improve. I had the 3M clear bra film installed. The car is tight, supple, loud, sticky, fast and driving it might be the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Watch out 911
By Donelonpc on 10/27/06 13:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I have driven BMWs for years now, but wanted more pure sports car for the track. This car was just plain awesome on the 2.5 mile Heartland Park road course. Porsche has to be under rating the speed and horsepower numbers on this car for fear of losing 911 sales. If Porsche wanted to tweak it some more, this car and engine could blow the 911 out of the water. This is a great car, hands down. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive. It's friendly as an everyday driver too.

2007 Porsche Cayman S
By kent on 10/09/06 16:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

What an outstanding car! My last two cars were 'vettes. This car is superior in performance, handling, quality and more fun to drive. I get compliments everywhere I go. Definitely get the PASM and spend the extra money on the leather interior - you will be glad you did. The quality and worksmanship of the full leather is unbelievable. Only get the chrono package if you are going to track the car. I wish I had chosen the sport shifter, but the stock six-speed shifter is still the best I've driven. The Carrera 19" wheels painted in the exterior body color is awesome.

What a Car
By CC on 09/28/06 21:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

The Porsche Cayman S is extremely fun to drive. It definitely makes you feel young and energetic.

First Porsche
By rick wilkerson on 09/27/06 11:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

This car brings the fun and excitement back to driving. I have had numerous sports cars, the most recent being a 2005 Corvette. The Caymen S doesn't have the brute power of the vette, but with the mid engine you feel like you are part of the road and in control. My car has not had any problems to speek of, except for a faulty radio, which was promptly replaced.

There Really is no Substitute
By Fadiboy on 08/29/06 09:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I have to say I have always been a practicality guy when it comes to cars and depreciating items. This car beats my reason into submission and gets me on an adrenaline program. Its build quality is beyond what you would ever see in almost any other mark. The ride is like a rollercoaster that will not leave the track and the look is more exotic than anything Porsche has made in recent history. As Ferris Bueller said "If you have the money, I highly recommend it." The engine noise is a sweet tune and the grip is like nothing else. The seats are better than most aftermarket models and the curves of the body almost make you blush. It looks great in every color they make, leaving you smiling.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.