2006 Porsche Cayman S - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.4L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (53 reviews )
Simply Amazing and Still strong at 95k miles
By vitoaf on 08/18/12 12:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

This car is the best daily driver true sports car you will ever own (unless you want to fit more than 2 ppl). I've driven Lambo, Ferrari, etc... truly amazing cars, but not daily drivers. In this car you can fully utilize it's power and agility on the road while having the reliability of a Honda or Toyota. I'm near the 100k mark and have had no major issues. You want a safe car? This is it. You have all the tools you need to be an offensive driver and when those tools fail, you are surrounded by airbags to soften the blow. This car will follow your line of sight and place you exactly where you tell it to. It's an extension of the driver. This could easily be the only car I ever own.

Better than the 911 I have dreamed about
By srryofcr on 08/27/11 10:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Unlike all other sports cars I have owned or driven my Cayman S loves to dance. As an instructor for various car clubs I have had the chance to drive many Porsche products the way they were meant to be - on the track. The Cayman S in stock trim can run with race prepped older 911s and does a great job at hanging with the 997 cars. In my opinion to get a better track car you'd have to buy a GT3. To boot it has available all the creature comforts that you can afford to add, good economy (28mpg highway in my experience), and is a comfortable cruiser for 2 for the weekend. It gets looks all day long, as they are "rare".

MAGIC EVERYDAY--or for 20 -30.000mi.
By frankraineri on 08/25/11 14:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my caymann new. Saved from the age of 14 to get this thing. WELL at @17000 mi. it was using oil witch they said was "normal"[1qt. per. 600mi] WOW!!! so at @ 22000mi. It was using MORE!! Turns out the motor was tearing itself to pieces when they said it was normal .. so out of warrantee it needs a motor. PORSCHE DID THE RIGHT THING AND replaced the motor.. it still cost me big.. But thats beside the point. I bought this car as a sportscar I can enjoy everyday. This motor only lasted as long as the tires. Its serviced reg. not tracked and stock.. not the robust car I thought I bought.Now my dream cars a nightmare and I don't know what to do with it. afarid to drive it over 22K

Flawless
By Porsche #5 on 08/31/08 14:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

The Cayman S is best all around Porsche I have ever owned. The quality is excellent. The Cayman S is well balanced between power and handling. Great roadablity around town and when I select the PASM and it is outstanding. And the servicing is only 2 year or 20K.

Nonstop problems
By gregory on 06/16/08 07:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I have had nonstop problems with my Cayman s 2006 converters had to be replaced, check engine lights several times, air bag lights and now a new clutch system because the wrong one was put in from the factory. Oh yes coolant light comes on but it is not low check the Cayman forums before you buy Porsche dependability was ranks last according to a recent survey

06 Cayman S is a winner
By Dougie Fresh on 05/02/08 13:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

The most beautiful Porsche, ever. It looks great, feels great to drive, sounds great - and that Bose system is just amazing. Only downside is gas mileage.

None Better than Cayman S
By kevandev on 02/04/08 08:47 AM (PST)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Simply the finest auto I've ever driven. Everything about this machine has been thought out completely. Workmanship is outstanding.

Porsche finally has it right.
By salichtman on 09/19/07 17:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I used to race Porsches and have been waiting for a Porsche that's better than the old 550 RS. I think this one is. Aside from an urge to drive 2 or 3 times the speed limit, this is a perfect car for me. However, that might not be for everyone. It's delightfully noisy, making the multispeaker radio not very useful at speed and hands-off cell phone calls are pretty nearly impossible. For a car that handles this well, it's incredibly comfortable. For a car that accelerates so vigorously and has a top speed around 170 mph, it is unbelievably docile in LA freeway traffic jams. I have about 18,000 miles on her (I name my cars, this one is Chloe) and have had no problems.

Ten months of pure joy
By Silvio on 03/28/07 08:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Second review - it's been 10 months and the sheer exhilaration of driving the Cayman S is unabated. From the looks of the car to the sweet notes of the exhaust when you redline the car to the cornering ability - pure JOY! It's even fun arguing with all my 911 owner friends which is really the better car (let's not forget Porsche intentionally hit sub 911 performance targets) a real shame, I was under the impression you engineered a car to the most it can be not fit into your marketing campaign, nonetheless my 2nd Porsche and the beginning of a lifelong infatuation with the Cayman S.

Great Car
By calliebg on 02/11/07 17:32 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Porsche service costs a fortune, but the service personnel are top notch. This car is a blast to drive, Porsches are the only cars for me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.