Used 2012 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic SUV Consumer Reviews - 1 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Porsche Cayenne SUV - Consumer Reviews

2012 Porsche Cayenne SUV

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:

first impressions of v6 cayenne
By bigleadfoot

2012 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Just bought my first porsche and my first SUV. Here are the specs/options for my v6 Cayenne:
8-speed automatic
panoramic sunroof
running boards, roof rails, and trailer hitch
adjustable suspension with PASM
heated seats and steering wheel

Driving impressions: I love the sport engine mode and sport suspension setting! This 2 ton behemoth brakes, corners, and accelerates like a sports car even with a v6. The most comfortable suspension setting for me is actually sport. Ironically, the comfort and normal suspension modes are actually less comfortable for me: suspension is noisy over bumps and the car feels like a boat. If I need brisk acceleration, I press the sport button and this v6 rockets me out of trouble with ease. When I want relaxed/economical driving, I disengage sport engine mode, but still keep the suspension in sport. I love the dashboard design full of buttons. Heated seats and steering wheel are also wonderful.

Engine noise and vibration are rather noticeable at idle. Switching between 2nd & 3rd gears can be jerky at times, but otherwise the auto transmission is rather good. Rear visibility is awful. A rear view camera might be a worthy option. Some cabin squeaks may be audible at times when driving over rough pavement. The most bizzarre squeak in my car is the passenger seatbelt buckle. I eliminate this squeak by pushing it down between the seat and center console. Otherwise, this car is a marvel of engineering.