2012 Porsche Cayenne SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:
Great automobile, lousy customer support
By pablo3031 on 12/27/12 18:03 PM (PST)

2012 Porsche Cayenne SUV Turbo 4dr SUV 4WD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I purchased a new 2012 Cayenne turbo, wonderful piece of machinery. Design, looks, ride and engine all great. Brakes have been an issue, 4 visits to dealer resulted in new rotors and pads at roughly 15,000 miles due to unbearable squeaking noise, still persists. Dealer has confirmed, Porsche rep confirmed and has said that thats the way it is. I have been waiting for a call back from dealer for 4 weeks now, nothing. For a purchase of $130K I expect more from a customer service standpoint.

2012 Cayenne Turbo
By mgustaplay on 11/04/12 12:03 PM (PST)

2012 Porsche Cayenne SUV Turbo 4dr SUV 4WD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Self-admitted, car-research guy. Brought this beast in Mar '12. Traded '08 911 4s; needed 4 doors and back seats (3 teenagers and complaining wife). Ubmer, two-tone leather, 21" turbo whls, sprt, premium, steel skids, Burmester - $130k (4% dsct off MSRP). Mixed impressions. The Good: Super fast, sounds great, corners like no other, beautiful interior, roomy enough for four (five is tight), pano roof is awesome, sport mode changes character of car. The Mixed: oil leak first week (bad "o" ring in mftg build); the breaks squeak when coming to stop (not subtle squeak; very loud; service says it is a reality of these cars); Exterior styling is just OK. For $130k I want only positives.

first impressions of v6 cayenne
By bigleadfoot on 05/02/12 11:52 AM (PDT)

2012 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Just bought my first porsche and my first SUV. Here are the specs/options for my v6 Cayenne: 8-speed automatic panoramic sunroof running boards, roof rails, and trailer hitch adjustable suspension with PASM heated seats and steering wheel

3 months in.
By haap62 on 01/23/12 16:22 PM (PST)

2012 Porsche Cayenne SUV Turbo 4dr SUV 4WD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Wow! This is the 1st car I've spent 6 figures on, and so far, so amazing! No issues as I would expect for 3k miles. It was very difficult to keep the RPM's below 4000 for the first 1000 miles. It drives like a Cadilac when you are just cruising, and roars off like a tiger on steroids when you ask it to. Plus we are averaging 18mpg in town and 21 hwy. Not bad for 500 HP. It replaced a very nice Landcruiser that on it's best day got 17mpg, with half the horse power. The interior is more luxurious than any other car I have owned. I love the seats 18way adjustable bolsters fit wonderful, and I'm a big guy. Long story short, I love this SUV. Mine is black with 21" black wheels. Lots of stares

Fun to Drive...!
By rgpitt on 12/21/11 11:42 AM (PST)

2012 Porsche Cayenne SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.8L 8cyl 8A)

After doing lot of reasearch finally got my new Cayenne S and this is the best car I have driven so far. If you like good ride go with Porsche. I recommend going V8 rather than V6. I test drove V6 but I was not happy for the price. Its better get ML 350 with V6. so far its been almost a month every one likes the car.

85K and no voice control on phone
By murrayr on 10/25/11 08:31 AM (PDT)

2012 Porsche Cayenne SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.8L 8cyl 8A)

I just bought this 2012 for my wife. The car is fine and drives well (for an SUV). I bought what I thought was a loaded car, only to find that there is no voice control for the phone. You have to look at the dash, scroll through the phone list and select a name. We live in a hands free state!!! Checked Porsche's website and found voice control is a 450.00 extra. Really, in an 85k car?? Just want to warn any of you thinking of a purchase, be aware, this is not a petty feature and should be standard on all cars.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Porsche Cayenne Suv in VA is:

$220 per month*