2011 Porsche Cayenne 4.8L V8 Twin-turbo 4x4 8-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Confused SUV

2011 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Review

2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo 4dr SUV 4WD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Turbo 4dr SUV (4.8L V8 Twin-turbo 4x4 8-speed Automatic)

Confused SUV
By itzsyk on

2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo 4dr SUV 4WD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Had this car for 5 months now, and I still regret not test driving it before signing the papers. Just got out of a RRS so I thought I'd give the Cayenne a try. The car is stupid fast. Almost to the point where driving at limit speeds is very boring. But the biggest thing that gets me is....what is it? It's not an SUV and it certainly isn't a 911. I'd rather go with a RR or X5 next time because if I wanted a sport car, I'd go pick up a proper 2dr. Also, the Cayenne felt very similar to the Panamera, which in my opinion, does not know if it's a sedan or a sports car as well.

Favorite Features

60mph @ top gear: 1.4k rpm. Amazing. There is no turbo lag and the transmission is so responsive it downshifts almost as quick as a dual-clutch. The factory settings on the PASM do a great job to supply the driver with the proper set-up. The new center console borrowed from the Panamera was the biggest selling point for me. Great gear/button placement.

Suggested Improvements

The trunk is way too small. Can barely fit a golf travel bag diagonally. There is no easy-entry button to lower the car like the RR. The rear-view mirror and the outside mirror seems to be borrowed from the 911, which makes it difficult to see anything without turning your head. The rear-camera module was not available with the car at delivery, so I waited 5 months for it. Really Porsche..really? Regardless of the situation at the manufacturer, you delayed the delivery way too long.