Used 2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:

Nice improvement
By choocho

2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo 4dr SUV 4WD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

My last car was '04 Cayenne TT. This TT is definitely a much improved car. From being almost a ton lighter (helps maneuverability and speed) , 8 gears (quiet shift and the right gear at any speed), starts from 1st gear instead of 2nd (lighter gear box and better launch), PCCB (no break dust but still squeeks a bit), PDCC (keep turns level), vented sports seats, 4.6 seconds, touch screen navigation, and the list goes on... Still waiting to take this car to an autocross.

The smooth killer acceleration. You can't feel how fast you are going because at 90mph, you are at only 2,000 rpm on 8th gear.

1) You don't get respect from others on the road because the car is too pretty and the back look like other SUVs. 2) Don't open the back hatch during rain because all the rain goes back into your car. 3) This car eats more motor oil than gasoline - 1 quart for every 700 miles. 4) No place to put the huge owners manual with the little glove box. 5) What, I need another new set of tires before I get my oil change?

Confused SUV
By itzsyk

2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo 4dr SUV 4WD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Had this car for 5 months now, and I still regret not test driving it before signing the papers. Just got out of a RRS so I thought I'd give the Cayenne a try. The car is stupid fast. Almost to the point where driving at limit speeds is very boring. But the biggest thing that gets me is....what is it? It's not an SUV and it certainly isn't a 911. I'd rather go with a RR or X5 next time because if I wanted a sport car, I'd go pick up a proper 2dr. Also, the Cayenne felt very similar to the Panamera, which in my opinion, does not know if it's a sedan or a sports car as well.

60mph @ top gear: 1.4k rpm. Amazing. There is no turbo lag and the transmission is so responsive it downshifts almost as quick as a dual-clutch. The factory settings on the PASM do a great job to supply the driver with the proper set-up. The new center console borrowed from the Panamera was the biggest selling point for me. Great gear/button placement.

The trunk is way too small. Can barely fit a golf travel bag diagonally. There is no easy-entry button to lower the car like the RR. The rear-view mirror and the outside mirror seems to be borrowed from the 911, which makes it difficult to see anything without turning your head. The rear-camera module was not available with the car at delivery, so I waited 5 months for it. Really Porsche..really? Regardless of the situation at the manufacturer, you delayed the delivery way too long.

Rocket Sofa
By GuyC

2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo 4dr SUV 4WD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Was agonizing over a new RR SC, 911 or an Vantage Roadster. This car seemed to have it all and the comfort and undated interior, the lighter weight, fuel economy swayed me. We have tried to buy a Cayenne twice in the past and both time have walked away disappointed, once buying the FX and once an RR, this time, the feel was Porsche-like and I am very happy we waited. A serious Rocket propelled lounge. Watch your speed though, you can get over 100 in almost pure silence :)

Lux feel, performance/economy, overall build quality is just fantastic, you seriously feel like this is a comprehensive vehicle, cannot be happier with it

why have a hitch package without the electrics ?, the key looks like a mini Porsche and serious kitsch, also not easy to hold so has been thrown on the garage floor twice already. Also would have liked floppy paddles on the multi-function wheel.