2011 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:
Nice improvement
By choocho on 07/19/12 20:46 PM (PDT)

2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo 4dr SUV 4WD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

My last car was '04 Cayenne TT. This TT is definitely a much improved car. From being almost a ton lighter (helps maneuverability and speed) , 8 gears (quiet shift and the right gear at any speed), starts from 1st gear instead of 2nd (lighter gear box and better launch), PCCB (no break dust but still squeeks a bit), PDCC (keep turns level), vented sports seats, 4.6 seconds, touch screen navigation, and the list goes on... Still waiting to take this car to an autocross.

Confused SUV
By itzsyk on 12/17/11 00:32 AM (PST)

2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo 4dr SUV 4WD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Had this car for 5 months now, and I still regret not test driving it before signing the papers. Just got out of a RRS so I thought I'd give the Cayenne a try. The car is stupid fast. Almost to the point where driving at limit speeds is very boring. But the biggest thing that gets me is....what is it? It's not an SUV and it certainly isn't a 911. I'd rather go with a RR or X5 next time because if I wanted a sport car, I'd go pick up a proper 2dr. Also, the Cayenne felt very similar to the Panamera, which in my opinion, does not know if it's a sedan or a sports car as well.

2011 Cayenne V6 Manual
By thefaithful on 07/05/11 19:10 PM (PDT)

2011 Porsche Cayenne 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Exceptional. Value, comfort, power, fuel efficiency, what's not to like. I have owned and loved the following vehicles: '50 Pontiac business coupe, 3-speed '61 Sunbeam Alpine, 4-speed '64 Pontiac GTO HT, 4-speed '66 Plymouth 2-door HT, 4-speed '60 Jaguar XK150, auto '64 Studebaker Avanti, auto '67 Volvo P1800, 4-speed '72 AMC Hronet, 4-speed '74 Fiat 128, 4-speed '76 Fiat 131, 4-speed '69 Alfa spider, 4-speed '79 Pontiac Grand Am, auto '83 Chevrolet S10 Blazer, 5-speed '84 Porsche 944, 5-speed '86 Alfa Alfeta, 5-speed '89 Ford SHO, 5-speed '87 Jeep Cherokee, 5-speed '80 911SC, 5-speed '97 Ford Expedition, auto '06 VW GTI, 6-speed '63 Porsche 356, 4-speed '11 Porsche Cayenne, 6-speed man

this car loves oil
By sc1982 on 06/30/11 22:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Porsche Cayenne S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.8L 8cyl 8A)

I have 12,000 miles on this car, drive it mostly as a sedan (no pulling or racing around). The gas milage is terrific (21mpg around town and 23-24 on hwy). the car performs great, very comfortable and has very good breaking. The problem is that it likes to drink oil.. I have had to put 6 qts of oil in the car so far. > 1qt for every 2K miles. I am not the only one , there are 11 pages on Renslist concerning this issue. Porche's 24 page service bulletin concerning this problem is also posted. The first 12 basically instruct the dealer to tell the customer {the manual states up to one quart / 1K miles is within normal limits}. REALLY???? until Porsche fixes this issue Buyer Beware

Great SUV
By ChadJamesR on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

My wife loved the new look of the Cayenne so we decided to purchase one. It has been a great vehicle for the time we have owned it. We bought the VR6 model instead of the V8 as the $14k increase in price didn't seem worth it. The performance of the VR6 is everything you could want out of a SUV. Gas mileage is great at around 23mpg during city driving and up to 27 mpg on trip to the airport. If you want a sporty SUV and still have it practical, I don't know if there is a better vehicle on the market for you. I gave it an 8 for performance as the V8 and TT give the ultimate performance. The ride is a little rough but what do you expect with this good of handling.

Rocket Sofa
By GuyC on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo 4dr SUV 4WD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Was agonizing over a new RR SC, 911 or an Vantage Roadster. This car seemed to have it all and the comfort and undated interior, the lighter weight, fuel economy swayed me. We have tried to buy a Cayenne twice in the past and both time have walked away disappointed, once buying the FX and once an RR, this time, the feel was Porsche-like and I am very happy we waited. A serious Rocket propelled lounge. Watch your speed though, you can get over 100 in almost pure silence :)

Amazing Improvement
By Bif on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Porsche Cayenne S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.8L 8cyl 8A)

This is an excellent choice for those looking for a combination of sports car performance and carrying/towing capacity. The acceleration and steering responsiveness is amazing (am I really driving an SUV?). Plus, I can haul my family and pets where they need to go. Compared to the X5 or Range Rover, this Cayenne is a MUCH better value. The interior redesign and fuel economy improvement make the Cayenne a compelling choice

Better than a car!
By Richard on 09/01/10 08:56 AM (PDT)

2011 Porsche Cayenne S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.8L 8cyl 8A)

Replacing my high performance car with a Cayenne S has been an extra special treat. I get the performance, handling and comfort of a sedan plus utility and all wheel drive. The economy is better and the sound of the exhaust is intoxicating. Everything fits and everyone in the vehicle can see better. Recommend buying a 5th wheel and tire for trips. Use the compact spare area for small items and tie down a full size spare in the rear.

Excellent Redesign
By Rich L on 08/22/10 21:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Porsche Cayenne S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.8L 8cyl 8A)

Purchased a 2011 Cayenne S in July. The car has been excellent so far. Go for the 19 or 20 inch wheels, the 18's are a little soft on hard corners. Fast as Heck. 0 to 60 comes in 5.15, Porsche's estimates are high. Interior is the best I have seen in an SUV. Stereo is great. Great vehicle if you're a hard driver!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Porsche Cayenne in VA is:

$124 per month*