GTS "The Best Cayenne" version
By Ecos on
2009 Porsche Cayenne GTS Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)
I had two BMW X5 before I got this GTS, and even though the X5 was THE benchmark of the luxury/sport SUV sector, it was dethroned by the Cayenne GTS. For all of us who enjoy driving sports cars “and” also like to go out with the family, a 911 is no option; this GTS model drives like a true Porsche, not like the other versions of the Cayenne that drive like a SUV built by Porsche. Handling, handling, handling, the Turbo is very fast but falls short in crisp maneuvering. For me the GTS is the perfect balance, it has enough HP (405) and scalpel sharp handling. I got it in GTS Red color, every time I stop at a traffic light, people keep nodding in approval, and giving thumbs up.
Favorite Features
Since it sits low in the ground it looks very sporty, but you can raise the suspension with the touch of a button. The exhaust note is awesome when in sport mode. I got the 2009 model with HD navigation, excellent upgrade from the DVD based. Touch screen control is convenient.
Suggested Improvements
Better gas mileage when in sport mode. IPod connectivity shouldn't be charged as an option in this price range cars. Heated steering wheel gets just warm, a few days ago when it wast very cold; my hands were cold as well. Small stuff, but I'm spoiled!!!