Used 2009 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:

I HAVE MY PORSCHE!!!
By Alicia Hanson

2009 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I LOVE IT!!

My best yet!
By J K

2009 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I only drive mine Cayenne when I'm touring the highways and byways, that's when
I can truly enjoy it! From red light to red light or stop sign to sign don't really appeal
to me! I'll just drive my Wrangler for that city driving. Great SUV

Surprising
By malcum1

2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought a new Cayenne Turbo S back in 08 for a vacation driver and something to get the groceries with, I was expecting a modest speed, unreliable car and was against buying it but my wife insisted. This car has speed the rivals my 2012 Jaguar and we haven't had any issues with it breaking down despite having driven it over 40k miles.

The engine is insane, going 0-60 in 4 seconds in an suv really is shocking. The sound system is good, while the interior needs some work its comfortable and there is plenty of room.

The interior could be improved as well as the gas mileage.

Devil in disguise
By Turbo addict

2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

A sport car in a large body...the turbo provides awesome power on demand and the PCCB provide instant stopping power. I love driving this incredible machine, it is one of the best Porsche made for the road. You almost forget you are in an SUV most of the time and the numbers are out there to prove it.

PDCC, PCCB, premium sound system is the best in a car ever.

Redesign the big ugly front grill.

A GT3 SUV
By bgsntth

2009 Porsche Cayenne GTS 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Will reiterate everything the pulluru already stated. This is an amazing vehicle. Very hardcore. I'm 6'4", and have ample room in the front and rear seats. The cargo capacity in the rear is compromised, however (i.e, very small for an SUV). The ride is really good, even with 21" wheels, even in San Francisco. Sports-mode transforms the vehicle. Handling is ungodly, with cornering speeds being higher than my 2007 Cayman. PDCC is a must, though I would pass on the variable steering, as it is very artificial and "weird" in 20- 50mph city driving.

Engine is fabulous. Good power above 2K RPMs, and blasts smoothly to the redline. Ride. Height and dampening control. Room in front and rear seats. Handling. Mighty brakes. Yet, a real SUV with a 2-speed transfer case. This is a fabulous, hardcore truck.

Do not like the variable steering. Gear shift and clutch are heavy - this is a manly truck! Cargo capacity is rather poor. Cup holders only accept soft-drink size containers. Would prefer a hand brake. Geared very low (4:1), which is great for acceleration, but tiresome for a daily driver.