2009 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:
Surprising
By malcum1 on 07/18/13 01:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought a new Cayenne Turbo S back in 08 for a vacation driver and something to get the groceries with, I was expecting a modest speed, unreliable car and was against buying it but my wife insisted. This car has speed the rivals my 2012 Jaguar and we haven't had any issues with it breaking down despite having driven it over 40k miles.

Devil in disguise
By Turbo addict on 11/30/09 18:56 PM (PST)

2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

A sport car in a large body...the turbo provides awesome power on demand and the PCCB provide instant stopping power. I love driving this incredible machine, it is one of the best Porsche made for the road. You almost forget you are in an SUV most of the time and the numbers are out there to prove it.

A GT3 SUV
By bgsntth on 07/15/09 09:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Porsche Cayenne GTS 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Will reiterate everything the pulluru already stated. This is an amazing vehicle. Very hardcore. I'm 6'4", and have ample room in the front and rear seats. The cargo capacity in the rear is compromised, however (i.e, very small for an SUV). The ride is really good, even with 21" wheels, even in San Francisco. Sports-mode transforms the vehicle. Handling is ungodly, with cornering speeds being higher than my 2007 Cayman. PDCC is a must, though I would pass on the variable steering, as it is very artificial and "weird" in 20- 50mph city driving.

Major Electonics problems
By Great - BUT - BAD el on 05/23/09 17:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the BEST driving car I have ever had, BUT the PCM does not work. It resets every 3 min and Porsche does NOT have a fix. It has been over 4 months and still no fix. My understanding that ALL top level Porsches have this problem. Too bad because it is the best driving car I have ever had. I will not buy another.

Power for the family
By Charly on 01/22/09 19:07 PM (PST)

2009 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Although the interiors are not great at all, once you drive the SUV it feels like a true sports car, the power on the road is amazing and the stability & brakes are fantastic. It's a solid sports car for taking the whole family for a ride (100 mph feels like 60 mph). I can not imagine the turbo version or the GTS performance since I drive the base entry level and love it! Solid powerful German car great for a weekend ride!! Pets included.

Cayenne GTS manual
By pulluru on 12/18/08 15:52 PM (PST)

2009 Porsche Cayenne GTS 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Was surprised how good the ride, comfort, and build quality was. With winter tires, handles great in snow. My cousin who just bought a BMW 3 series, took it for a hard drive and couldn't stop talking about fun it was to drive. If only I didn't have to fill the tank every other day. Get the dynamic chassis control option if you can; worth all the pennies.

GTS "The Best Cayenne" version
By Ecos on 12/05/08 18:42 PM (PST)

2009 Porsche Cayenne GTS Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I had two BMW X5 before I got this GTS, and even though the X5 was THE benchmark of the luxury/sport SUV sector, it was dethroned by the Cayenne GTS. For all of us who enjoy driving sports cars “and” also like to go out with the family, a 911 is no option; this GTS model drives like a true Porsche, not like the other versions of the Cayenne that drive like a SUV built by Porsche. Handling, handling, handling, the Turbo is very fast but falls short in crisp maneuvering. For me the GTS is the perfect balance, it has enough HP (405) and scalpel sharp handling. I got it in GTS Red color, every time I stop at a traffic light, people keep nodding in approval, and giving thumbs up.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Porsche Cayenne in VA is:

$136 per month*