Used 2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:

Cayenne GTS - An Absolute Gem
By PIOTRUS

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV GTS Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Ordered gts in nov 07, got it in March. Absolutely phenomenal car! Base Price $72k, beware options are numerous, expensive, and can easily add at least $15k to the Price. No bluetooth, but thatís not a problem, next week I Will have tooki bluetooth system installed (3rd party), it works seamlessly with the existing nav. Better solution that Porscheís phone module where you would have to insert your sim card into nav to use a phone. With the Ďsportí option enabled the carís engine has deep, loud roar. A truly unique Porsche sound. I get 13 city, 17 highway, something I expected, especially for a 405 hp engine. Had bmw x5 4.4 for many years, this Cayenne simply blows it away in every way.

Exterior has many more bells and whistles than the ĎSí model, looks WAY better.Handling is perfect, car extremely responsive - the PDDC option is well worth itís $3.5K price. Bose system sounds great! Acceleration is superb! Love the interior; everything is immaculately finished Ė just perfect!

Nothing

Obnoxious Performance
By RCD

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Turbo 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

The "Oh my god I can't believe how fast and loud that gorgeous SUV is" look I get from drivers when I roar past them, is alone worth the $130K I spent on this vehicle. It may not be as pretty as the Range Rover or as practical as the X5, but it is definitely the most fun to drive. I only wish they made a bigger gas tank because I'm constantly having to fill it up (approx. 10 mpg). I've previously owned a CLK Benz and an Audi Allroad, and they don't even compare to the '08 Cayenne Turbo in acceleration and handling. Even though the price is ridiculous, you only live once, and it would be a shame if I died and didn't get to experience the thrill of driving this once-in-a- lifetime vehicle.

Engine sound, smell of leather interior, panoramic sunroof, obnoxious acceleration, Ferrari and 911 turbo type handling and power

Exterior styling is improved but still gets mixed reviews. Turbo should come with all the options. I shouldn't have to spend an extra $35K to get it fully loaded.

Love It, Love It, Love It
By JMCT

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm not a car enthusiast, but this vehicle is simply extraordinary. I actually look forward to getting in and driving it. I've owned Land Rovers and BMWs, and this vehicle blows them away. It's in a class unto itself.

Bluetooth and iPod capability should be standard in 2008.

WOW
By JoJoCT

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned BMWs and Land Rovers. This vehicle is the best yet! I am simply in love with this vehicle. All I can say is WOW. I looked at the BMW X5 , MDX, Mercedes GL - nothing compares for it pure engineered greatness. Everything is solid, well finished, interior is luxurious yet sporty. All I can say is WOW.

Love the tight ride, The great interior. Unique and luxurious exterior.

The Best SUV available
By D Kueter

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I had actually started out looking for a truck to replace my Toyota T-100. No truck on the market seemed "just right" and so my search turned to SUVs. On a whim I stopped at the porsche dealership and drove one. I bought it the next day. No other car has ever been such a pleasure to drive. Everything about it is superb. Handles like a dream. Accelerates like a sports car. Lots of room. Turns heads. Comfortable. Really responsive. I highly recommend paying extra for the V8 as opposed to the V6. Just a whole different level of performance.

1. The purr of the engine. Sounds great and puts the kids to sleep. 2. Fuel economy is great, averaging 19mpg with aggressive driving. 3. Wood interior 4. Definitely worth springing for the "S" V8

1. Porsche navigation is a little hard to learn. A store bought garmin actually works better and easier. 2. Heated steering wheel only works when outside temperature is at a certain temp