2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:
A Big Surprise
By chollis on 04/22/07 08:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

It just keeps getting better with every mile I drive it. Performance, handling, feel, etc. right up there with what I expect from a Porsche. More sporty than my Audi A6 2.7T. Handling not what the Carrera offers, but a real joy on the corners. Leather is great, PCM so-so, transmission is intuitive. Better than most "luxury sport sedans" I have driven, plus the utility of an SUV. We look forward to every trip, and expect to keep this puppy a long time. Also, high WAF (wife approval factor) so it's not just a guy's car (remember to get the leather interior). Dealer wanted to deal, so buy off the lot if you can, and bring a trade-in. Love the green metallic paint, too!

Best in class, excellent face lift!
By John on 04/12/07 18:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought mine early March and so far love it. The 3.6 puts out 290 HP and works well for my needs, I have the tip trans. and I'm happy with the smooth shifting. We had 7 inches of snow a few weeks ago and this thing eats its way up my snow and ice covered drive much better than the X5 ever did!

First Impression (1,000 miles)
By rincon6 on 03/09/07 12:16 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love the '08’s more aggressive look and the thing flies. It now has more than enough power and it’s extremely versatile. On mellow trips I keep the “sport” function off, but hit the “sport” button and the transforms itself into a monster! Its handling is excellent, it has tight steering for an SUV and it is very responsive. I traded in a Range Rover and the difference in performance is night and day. In the Cayenne, I almost forget that I’m in an SUV. Looking down the hood from the driver’s seat it feels like driving a sports car, but visibility is better, and bumps, railroad tracks etc…no problem. At $46,000, the base Tiptronic Cayenne is not only an awesome SUV, but one of the best values out there.

Beautiful
By David Barowich on 02/22/07 17:48 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have a big family of 5 and this SUV fits us perfectly. It gives an amazing ride and has the most beautiful interior you could see. The warranty covers practically everything. This is an all around awesome vehicle. I recommend it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.