2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:
Cayenne GTS - An Absolute Gem
By PIOTRUS on 03/22/08 14:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV GTS Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Ordered gts in nov 07, got it in March. Absolutely phenomenal car! Base Price $72k, beware options are numerous, expensive, and can easily add at least $15k to the Price. No bluetooth, but that’s not a problem, next week I Will have tooki bluetooth system installed (3rd party), it works seamlessly with the existing nav. Better solution that Porsche’s phone module where you would have to insert your sim card into nav to use a phone. With the ‘sport’ option enabled the car’s engine has deep, loud roar. A truly unique Porsche sound. I get 13 city, 17 highway, something I expected, especially for a 405 hp engine. Had bmw x5 4.4 for many years, this Cayenne simply blows it away in every way.

Obnoxious Performance
By RCD on 03/01/08 19:02 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Turbo 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

The "Oh my god I can't believe how fast and loud that gorgeous SUV is" look I get from drivers when I roar past them, is alone worth the $130K I spent on this vehicle. It may not be as pretty as the Range Rover or as practical as the X5, but it is definitely the most fun to drive. I only wish they made a bigger gas tank because I'm constantly having to fill it up (approx. 10 mpg). I've previously owned a CLK Benz and an Audi Allroad, and they don't even compare to the '08 Cayenne Turbo in acceleration and handling. Even though the price is ridiculous, you only live once, and it would be a shame if I died and didn't get to experience the thrill of driving this once-in-a- lifetime vehicle.

Love It, Love It, Love It
By JMCT on 02/09/08 13:48 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm not a car enthusiast, but this vehicle is simply extraordinary. I actually look forward to getting in and driving it. I've owned Land Rovers and BMWs, and this vehicle blows them away. It's in a class unto itself.

WOW
By JoJoCT on 01/29/08 14:28 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned BMWs and Land Rovers. This vehicle is the best yet! I am simply in love with this vehicle. All I can say is WOW. I looked at the BMW X5 , MDX, Mercedes GL - nothing compares for it pure engineered greatness. Everything is solid, well finished, interior is luxurious yet sporty. All I can say is WOW.

The Best SUV available
By D Kueter on 12/16/07 19:41 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I had actually started out looking for a truck to replace my Toyota T-100. No truck on the market seemed "just right" and so my search turned to SUVs. On a whim I stopped at the porsche dealership and drove one. I bought it the next day. No other car has ever been such a pleasure to drive. Everything about it is superb. Handles like a dream. Accelerates like a sports car. Lots of room. Turns heads. Comfortable. Really responsive. I highly recommend paying extra for the V8 as opposed to the V6. Just a whole different level of performance.

Superiority Over All
By TLFDallas2 on 12/10/07 18:54 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Turbo 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I researched every SUV from the H3 to Lexus to BMW, etc. After driving and researching every other SUV I tried the Cayenne S and immediately fell in love and have never had a single disappointing monment. I definitely recommend the V8 but everything else is optional. It comes extremely well equipped as is. Gas mileage is better than expected, 21mpg hwy/18mpg town. I am 6'7" and this is the only car I have ever owned where I had to move the driver's seat forward and up.

Porsche-YES Mercedes-NO
By TLFDallas on 11/10/07 06:38 AM (PST)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I researched every SUV from the H3 to Lexus to BMW, etc. After driving and researching every other SUV I tried the Cayenne S and immediately fell in love and have never had a single disappointing monment. I definitely recommend the V8 but everything else is strictly optional. It comes extremely well equipped as is. Gas mileage is better than expected, 21mpg hwy/16mpg town. I am 6'4" and this is the only car I have ever owned where I had to move the driver's seat forward and up.

4 Wheel Drive System
By 4 wheel Drive on 11/08/07 13:34 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my Cayenne in October. The dealer told me there was no speed limit driving in 4 wheel high. This is not true. I find the 4 wheel drive system to be lacking in Cayenne. The shifting is jerky and there is a big delay when starting from a standstill. The system should also be shift on the fly. You can lock the diffentials when moving, up to a certain speed but the car must be in neutral. The 4 wheel drive system in my 1999 jeep wrangler is far superior. My thought is this is basically a sports car with all wheel drive. It handles great and rides well. However, if you want to go off road you are better off with a jeep. Fit and finish on mine are excellent.

Solid
By tiger24 on 11/02/07 19:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Replacing my 911 - don't ask! Acceleration for an SUV is impressive, especially in Sportmode. The interior is functional with enough electronic gimmicks, but not over the top. Test drove the BMW - not even close for engineer types. This is a great machine.

The Porsche of SUVs
By Fred Hill on 10/14/07 16:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Turbo 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

This is an amazing vehicle. It has the Dynamic Ride Control, which eliminates body roll in turns. It is fast as hell and drives more like an SL 55 than a truck. The lines are gorgeous and it is fun to drive. If you are looking for an SUV and you have the money, buy the Cayenne Turbo.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.