Used 2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Reviews

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:

good with some surprises
By raytoei

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Unlike the previous reviewers, I wasn't looking for a SUV, as such, I did not really do any due diligence on the Audi Q6 or BMW X5; it was really either a luxury saloon upgrade for my 520i or the Cayenne. In the end, we decided on the Cayenne because this is the only Porsche where the whole family can actually experience together.

Favorite Features

I love the handling and steering. The Bose sound system is very rich. And then there is the "Sports" button.

Suggested Improvements

Well, I think the standard interior is not as good as other modern European cars. I chose the nice Havana/Sand interior but am currently paranoid about how to maintain it.

love my gts red gts!
By hellfire

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV GTS Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Went from 911(997)cab + Range Rover Supercharged to the GTS. Although interior appointments not as luxurious as the RR, it feels as expensive. Alcantara is lovely! Fat steering wheel the best I've held. Took it on rough roads for a hike and with comfort suspension mode + raised height, felt just slightly more bumpy than the RR, though definitely need to be careful with the 21 inch rims. dealer added tooki bluetooth and ipod integration so gadget wise, slightly better than the RR. skipped the rear view camera - view is straight down so not as much visibility as RRSC, but parking assist is just about as good. in all, it's made me forget my RRSC, but i still miss the 911 a bit.

Favorite Features

supportive sport seats. interior better than the 911. v8 sound! panoramic roof almost as good as a cab. power tailgate very handy.

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage could be better. getting about 12/17, but engine not broken in yet. wish it had the new touchscreen PCM, it's still better than our Mercedes COMMAND interface. needs better/more front cup holders

Wow
By Chizzy

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV GTS Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Worth every penny. Initially purchased the base cayenne with 6 cyl. Later drove the GTS and I was hooked. NO comparison. I Love this car. I have had them all range rover, bmw, lexus... this car blows them all away hands down.

Favorite Features

Handling and power.

Suggested Improvements

Not many options included and all are expensive to add. Porsche seems to nickel and dime the customer too much.

Cayenne Transmission Problems
By iso

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had my cayenne for over a year now. I am very much upset at my dealer in Manhattan. I had my transmission stuck on 3rd gear when i had 3,000 miles. They towed and fixed it. Then the same thing happened again when i had about 12,000 miles. They towed and repaired again. But then my dealer did not want to give me a loaner, saying they are all reserved for customers coming for an oil change. I was stuck early in the morning had to pick up my son from school, go see customers and fly overseas that day. I had to rent a car to continue my day. Then i had to replace my oxygen sensor. I had my navigation stuck once so did my horn. I am not very happy honestly planning to get out of my lease.

Porsche Cayenne 2008
By Rob

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Overall I been owing the 2008 Cayenne for 11 months and it is great enjoyment to drive with the combination of delivering good power and good torque from the newly design v6 direct injection engine.

Favorite Features

Sport mode that added extra power and rpm with the new engine mgt. program

Suggested Improvements

minor defective founds with mirror motor and the silver plastic mould on the top rear bumper but fixed by dealer.