Used 2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:

Awesome
By g p

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

The only vehicle I've liked better is the Cayman. I love when I ask the car for power it responds, "Yes, sir! Right away, sir!" and we're gone.

Rear-view camera, satellite radio, upgraded stereo. Olive green/tan interior

Cayenne S
By mike

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Never owned an SUV. Test drove many (X5,Range Rover, ML 350, Tahoe, Lexus) including the Cayenne and Cayenne S. The Porsche outperformed them all. Once you drive the S, the power, the energy was incredible. The base Cayenne was a nice drive, however, if you have the extra $15K go for the S - you will not be sorry. The S has incredible power and performance. Its like a jumbo jet racing down the runway, totally awesome. Very comfortable, sporty and drives much nicer than my 2001 C320 Benz that I traded in. No comparison. I highly recommend the Cayenne S.

Favorite features - performance, power, comfort, styling.

Gas mileage is not the best. I knew that going from a sedan to SUV mileage would be a challenge - but the S is worth every penny.

Great car - like a big 911
By Mark Serjak

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Porsche, have a 997 C4S. What surprised me the most was how close a 5000 pound vehicle can come to it. Great handling, engine, performance. Also it is a beast off-road. Don't expect much with MPG - the more fun the driving, the worse it gets. I've averaged 14mpg +/- since owning. Fit and finish are excellent, dealer as always has been exceptional.

The roar of the engine - and the surprise from folks when an SUV keeps up with a sports sedan.

None that I can think of.

Wish Porsche Got it Right, Rev. Blindly
By Donna Z

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Although my Cayenne is sporty and zippy when necessary, Porsche has got some configuring to do. For starters, it is SMALL!!! Be prepared if you have kids, this is not the truck for you. There is little space to bring a SINGLE stroller along let alone anything else, groceries are impossible. The truck is a bit of a dog! Yes, you can pretend to drive it in manual but the fact is the truck doesn't have the sack you'd think it would have by its appearance... very disappointing!!! Lastly, but most importantly, reversing, this SUV is a nightmare. Visibility is nil... like reversing blind folded ! If you've got a car seat directly behind the driver's side, forget visibility altogether.

Love how this truck handles. It's great in the snow and in icy conditions, a major plus for those in the Northeast etc. It's easy to handle. Great on gas for what you get, Drives smoothly, handles bumps like nothing of its class, and is fun to drive. Parking's a snap! I like it, not love it!

Make the back window wider, make sure tall people can see over the head rest especially in reverse. Give it a little more sack, As for "trip. manual, pick one place, the steering wheel leads to accidental shifting. The headrests are too tall! I am 5'9' and can't see over the headrests!

Nice Ride!
By dave

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV GTS 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Spent about 2 weeks looking for the right car. New it when I found the GTS..Trading out of a land rover sport. But that's another story ... Porsche has done a great job- inside & out. Power out of the V-8 is great. Fit & finish also very nice.

Sport mode