2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:
good with some surprises
By raytoei on 09/07/08 21:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Unlike the previous reviewers, I wasn't looking for a SUV, as such, I did not really do any due diligence on the Audi Q6 or BMW X5; it was really either a luxury saloon upgrade for my 520i or the Cayenne. In the end, we decided on the Cayenne because this is the only Porsche where the whole family can actually experience together.

love my gts red gts!
By hellfire on 08/13/08 13:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV GTS Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Went from 911(997)cab + Range Rover Supercharged to the GTS. Although interior appointments not as luxurious as the RR, it feels as expensive. Alcantara is lovely! Fat steering wheel the best I've held. Took it on rough roads for a hike and with comfort suspension mode + raised height, felt just slightly more bumpy than the RR, though definitely need to be careful with the 21 inch rims. dealer added tooki bluetooth and ipod integration so gadget wise, slightly better than the RR. skipped the rear view camera - view is straight down so not as much visibility as RRSC, but parking assist is just about as good. in all, it's made me forget my RRSC, but i still miss the 911 a bit.

Wow
By Chizzy on 08/04/08 17:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV GTS Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Worth every penny. Initially purchased the base cayenne with 6 cyl. Later drove the GTS and I was hooked. NO comparison. I Love this car. I have had them all range rover, bmw, lexus... this car blows them all away hands down.

Cayenne Transmission Problems
By iso on 07/19/08 20:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had my cayenne for over a year now. I am very much upset at my dealer in Manhattan. I had my transmission stuck on 3rd gear when i had 3,000 miles. They towed and fixed it. Then the same thing happened again when i had about 12,000 miles. They towed and repaired again. But then my dealer did not want to give me a loaner, saying they are all reserved for customers coming for an oil change. I was stuck early in the morning had to pick up my son from school, go see customers and fly overseas that day. I had to rent a car to continue my day. Then i had to replace my oxygen sensor. I had my navigation stuck once so did my horn. I am not very happy honestly planning to get out of my lease.

Porsche Cayenne 2008
By Rob on 07/15/08 15:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Overall I been owing the 2008 Cayenne for 11 months and it is great enjoyment to drive with the combination of delivering good power and good torque from the newly design v6 direct injection engine.

Cayenne
By KAREN on 06/13/08 10:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The 2008 Cayenne is an impressive vehicle.I like everything about it. I liked it so much I bought a Boxster a couple weeks after the Cayenne purchase. Porsche is a quality automobile, way above the rest. I have owned BMW, Audi and Mercedes, and there is no comparison.

Great Car
By Mark on 05/28/08 08:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So far so good. Drove the range rover sport, BMW X5, X6, Audi. Looked around a good bit before settling on the Porsche Cayenne. Decided to get the V6 over the V8 due to gas mileage. Less power for sure but I would rather save money on gas vs. drag racing from stop lights. The car drives very well you find it hard to believe you are sitting in a SUV vs. a 911. Very sporty feel and drive. The V6 has good acceleration especially when the sport mode is engaged. Overall impressive car. Porsche there is no substitute

Great Handling Ride
By dj on 05/23/08 22:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I got my Cayenne base tip with Nav, Bose, Auto Climate, Park Assist, among other options. The climate control is a bit inflexible, but one can learn to modify setting to allow it to be shut off for heating and AC, The park assist sensors for the front are too sensitive or erratic. The Bose speakers are great and a must-have since the standard system is awful. The overall ride is wonderful in handling and braking. We are getting 18-19 mpg for overall driving with about 40% highway. On a recent road trip between northern and southern California Driving 75-80 mph on the highway, we got 20.5mpg. Our car is white and the Cayenne plaque was black and looked cheap so we removed it.

Overall an excellent vehicle
By GP on 04/18/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Before owning the Cayenne S, I owned a BMW 745Li. The vehicles are pretty similar. The BMW is incredible but the Cayenne is even more incredible considering`that it is an SUV and not a luxury car. The Cayenne S is well worth the money.

Wow!
By djhyeon on 04/01/08 08:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Never had a Porsche until now. Owned an Acura for 8 years. Looked around for a fun SUV. Tried Highlander, Pilot, Murano, MDX, Infiniti, and then accidentally Cayenne. Wow..What a ride. Cool, full of power, firm, tight..sold on Cayenne..Excellent Sand/Havana Beige interior w/Black outside. Life is short.. Enjoy while you can. Will definitely have tons of fun with this one..

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.