2008 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:
WOW
By JoJoCT on 01/29/08 14:28 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned BMWs and Land Rovers. This vehicle is the best yet! I am simply in love with this vehicle. All I can say is WOW. I looked at the BMW X5 , MDX, Mercedes GL - nothing compares for it pure engineered greatness. Everything is solid, well finished, interior is luxurious yet sporty. All I can say is WOW.

4 Wheel Drive System
By 4 wheel Drive on 11/08/07 13:34 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my Cayenne in October. The dealer told me there was no speed limit driving in 4 wheel high. This is not true. I find the 4 wheel drive system to be lacking in Cayenne. The shifting is jerky and there is a big delay when starting from a standstill. The system should also be shift on the fly. You can lock the diffentials when moving, up to a certain speed but the car must be in neutral. The 4 wheel drive system in my 1999 jeep wrangler is far superior. My thought is this is basically a sports car with all wheel drive. It handles great and rides well. However, if you want to go off road you are better off with a jeep. Fit and finish on mine are excellent.

Not what I thought it would be
By European Car Fan on 08/02/07 10:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Right off the bat the car had a puttering sound coming from the rear passenger side. Turns out that it is normal on the 2008 but not on previous models and is caused by the fuel pump. I had to have two areas of horrible paint runs wet sanded off of the back of the car. Also, had to have the entire roof wet sanded due to flaws left in the clear coat by the protective wrap. I get a great deal of road noise and in cabin noise caused by creaking back seats and various rattles. Excessive air noise coming in front passenger window as well. When you press against lower inside window it stops. Dealer says normal.

In LOVE
By prettylili03 on 07/15/07 13:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I waited 3 weeks for the delivery of this beauty and it was all well worth it! This SUV is simplicity and elegance at its best! I fell in love as soon as I saw it! It performs 10x better than the Subaru Tribeca I traded in. I love to hear the roar while on the road and it's incredibly comfortable both in the front and back! This is a definite keeper!

Porsche Cayenne!
By gte864f on 07/14/07 15:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

As a current owner, let me tell you what options you should pass on. Skip the Cargo system and any type of upgraded wheels. You will save a few dollars if the car comes with the Preferred Pkg or Preferred Pkg plus. It’s more if you select all the stuff that comes in these packages a stand-alone. In the USA, the Cayenne will be more than enough power, especially in sports mode. There is a slight delay in the acceleration when you press on the gas but once its in the optimum power band the acceleration is linear. If you don’t need a Nav and all the other options I would opt for the Cayenne S. The difference is very noticeable. Love the car and the Look. Wood Package is a must have!

AWESOME!!!
By crowdedcloset on 05/20/07 11:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Rides like a dream, waited 10 years to purchase one and well worth the wait. Love the triptronic and black leather interior. You will not be disappointed with the incredible space this vehicle offers.

First Impression (1,000 miles)
By rincon6 on 03/09/07 12:16 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love the '08’s more aggressive look and the thing flies. It now has more than enough power and it’s extremely versatile. On mellow trips I keep the “sport” function off, but hit the “sport” button and the transforms itself into a monster! Its handling is excellent, it has tight steering for an SUV and it is very responsive. I traded in a Range Rover and the difference in performance is night and day. In the Cayenne, I almost forget that I’m in an SUV. Looking down the hood from the driver’s seat it feels like driving a sports car, but visibility is better, and bumps, railroad tracks etc…no problem. At $46,000, the base Tiptronic Cayenne is not only an awesome SUV, but one of the best values out there.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.