Used 2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Reviews

2008 Porsche Cayenne

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:

Cayenne
By KAREN

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The 2008 Cayenne is an impressive vehicle.I like everything about it. I liked it so much I bought a Boxster a couple weeks after the Cayenne purchase. Porsche is a quality automobile, way above the rest. I have owned BMW, Audi and Mercedes, and there is no comparison.

Favorite Features

Parking assist is appreciated.

Suggested Improvements

The seat memory could be in a different spot.

Great Car
By Mark

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So far so good. Drove the range rover sport, BMW X5, X6, Audi. Looked around a good bit before settling on the Porsche Cayenne. Decided to get the V6 over the V8 due to gas mileage. Less power for sure but I would rather save money on gas vs. drag racing from stop lights. The car drives very well you find it hard to believe you are sitting in a SUV vs. a 911. Very sporty feel and drive. The V6 has good acceleration especially when the sport mode is engaged. Overall impressive car. Porsche there is no substitute

Favorite Features

Sport mode. Satellite radio. Navigation.

Suggested Improvements

The accessory list is too expensive. There are not many standard features. Porsche should incorporate more standard features like automatic headlights.

Great Handling Ride
By dj

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I got my Cayenne base tip with Nav, Bose, Auto Climate, Park Assist, among other options. The climate control is a bit inflexible, but one can learn to modify setting to allow it to be shut off for heating and AC, The park assist sensors for the front are too sensitive or erratic. The Bose speakers are great and a must-have since the standard system is awful. The overall ride is wonderful in handling and braking. We are getting 18-19 mpg for overall driving with about 40% highway. On a recent road trip between northern and southern California Driving 75-80 mph on the highway, we got 20.5mpg. Our car is white and the Cayenne plaque was black and looked cheap so we removed it.

Wow!
By djhyeon

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Never had a Porsche until now. Owned an Acura for 8 years. Looked around for a fun SUV. Tried Highlander, Pilot, Murano, MDX, Infiniti, and then accidentally Cayenne. Wow..What a ride. Cool, full of power, firm, tight..sold on Cayenne..Excellent Sand/Havana Beige interior w/Black outside. Life is short.. Enjoy while you can. Will definitely have tons of fun with this one..

Favorite Features

Interior layout, growling noise from engine (a real sport car), instant cooling and warming, heated seats

Suggested Improvements

none yet

Love It, Love It, Love It
By JMCT

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm not a car enthusiast, but this vehicle is simply extraordinary. I actually look forward to getting in and driving it. I've owned Land Rovers and BMWs, and this vehicle blows them away. It's in a class unto itself.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth and iPod capability should be standard in 2008.