Used 2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:

More than I expected in a SUV
By el415

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

You wonder how they do it, other than you being high off of the ground you hardly notice the weight and size of this car. No it doesn't have Porsche speed, but it's plenty quick for any base luxury SUV. I had a Discovery 2 and a 540i. It really drives a like the 540i, but not as quick, it's very similar to a 528i or an Audi A6 3.0. As to the Disco, the Cayenne is far more nimbler and much more responsive. It's a European sports sedan that's tall, big, and can go off-road (if that's important to you, check out videos on Youtube).

- Handling for an SUV - "Sports" mode (it feels like the gas pedal grabs onto your foot and pulls it down, it turns into an totally different car! After getting up to a unsafe speed, you look down at the tachometer and you are still only at 3,000 RPM. I can't believe it'll still wants to go!) - Off-road capabilities - The cache - Styling - Seating - The 1st practical Porsche - Lots of standard features

- Fuel economy - Old fashion radio

This Car Rocks!
By '08 Cayenne

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned a BMW M Roadster, 4 Audi's & 3 Porsches including Audi "S4's as well as Carrera CR4's, and I can tell you I love my Cayenne. Heavy and not so fast, but all Porsche. Stock, the suspension feels as refined as any SUV on the planet and better than most cars including my wife's Audi A4. Built like a rock solid as one too, comfortable, luxurious and a good compromise between speed and economy. We just traveled across country as a family (6,000 miles) and we all still love this car. Can you say that!

Suspension

More mpg

Good value
By DM

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have been very pleased overall with this car. Best handling SUV out there (after driving all of them). Comfortable for me (I'm 6'5") but not for anyone behind me. Not a real good family car. Just not enough room for any length of time with kids or stuff. But the only Porsche you can take the family of 5 in. Could use more power and the mileage is not great for a V6.

Handling. Sound system is good. Good build quality thus far. Get a lot for your money, all things considered. Comfortable for 4. Sounds great. Sport button is a blast.

More power is needed. Had one recall for a fuel line. Occasionally get an indicator light that the headlights are out of alignment (that eventually goes away). Mileage is 13-14 and 19, pretty much as advertised.

Wish Porsche Got it Right, Rev. Blindly
By Donna Z

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Although my Cayenne is sporty and zippy when necessary, Porsche has got some configuring to do. For starters, it is SMALL!!! Be prepared if you have kids, this is not the truck for you. There is little space to bring a SINGLE stroller along let alone anything else, groceries are impossible. The truck is a bit of a dog! Yes, you can pretend to drive it in manual but the fact is the truck doesn't have the sack you'd think it would have by its appearance... very disappointing!!! Lastly, but most importantly, reversing, this SUV is a nightmare. Visibility is nil... like reversing blind folded ! If you've got a car seat directly behind the driver's side, forget visibility altogether.

Love how this truck handles. It's great in the snow and in icy conditions, a major plus for those in the Northeast etc. It's easy to handle. Great on gas for what you get, Drives smoothly, handles bumps like nothing of its class, and is fun to drive. Parking's a snap! I like it, not love it!

Make the back window wider, make sure tall people can see over the head rest especially in reverse. Give it a little more sack, As for "trip. manual, pick one place, the steering wheel leads to accidental shifting. The headrests are too tall! I am 5'9' and can't see over the headrests!

Cayenne Transmission Problems
By iso

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had my cayenne for over a year now. I am very much upset at my dealer in Manhattan. I had my transmission stuck on 3rd gear when i had 3,000 miles. They towed and fixed it. Then the same thing happened again when i had about 12,000 miles. They towed and repaired again. But then my dealer did not want to give me a loaner, saying they are all reserved for customers coming for an oil change. I was stuck early in the morning had to pick up my son from school, go see customers and fly overseas that day. I had to rent a car to continue my day. Then i had to replace my oxygen sensor. I had my navigation stuck once so did my horn. I am not very happy honestly planning to get out of my lease.