Used 2008 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Reviews

2008 Porsche Cayenne

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:

Great SUV with ONE major flaw...
By jfcpamba

2008 Porsche Cayenne S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a used Cayenned S with 50k miles on it. It is a great vehicle as most of the reviewers have noted. However, there is one major flaw which no one has pointed to in their reviews. The front buckets seats are extremely uncomfortable, probably the worst I've ever sat on. The middle section is only about 16" wide and go up sharply from there to provide support, but it is extremely firm. My bottom side and hamstrings are literally sore after driving for an extended period of time. I am now driving with a pillow. A quick note, I am averaging about 15 MPG in mixed driving and the vehilce is solid. No other complaints other than those seats. C'mon Porsche, you can do better!

Favorite Features

No surprise, the engine and handling. By far the best features. Also fit and finish on materials are outstanding.

Suggested Improvements

Get those seats right and I would literally have no complaints. Gas mileage is about what is expected from a AWD V-8.

More than I expected in a SUV
By el415

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

You wonder how they do it, other than you being high off of the ground you hardly notice the weight and size of this car. No it doesn't have Porsche speed, but it's plenty quick for any base luxury SUV. I had a Discovery 2 and a 540i. It really drives a like the 540i, but not as quick, it's very similar to a 528i or an Audi A6 3.0. As to the Disco, the Cayenne is far more nimbler and much more responsive. It's a European sports sedan that's tall, big, and can go off-road (if that's important to you, check out videos on Youtube).

Favorite Features

- Handling for an SUV - "Sports" mode (it feels like the gas pedal grabs onto your foot and pulls it down, it turns into an totally different car! After getting up to a unsafe speed, you look down at the tachometer and you are still only at 3,000 RPM. I can't believe it'll still wants to go!) - Off-road capabilities - The cache - Styling - Seating - The 1st practical Porsche - Lots of standard features

Suggested Improvements

- Fuel economy - Old fashion radio

I'll wait for the Porsche minivan
By justbob

2008 Porsche Cayenne GTS Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great car! Just not what I needed it to be, which was something that was more comfortable for a small family. It's not Porsche' fault, I've just changed.

Favorite Features

The performance!

Suggested Improvements

Build the Porsche minivan. I'll blow those other soccer dads out of the water.

This Car Rocks!
By '08 Cayenne

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned a BMW M Roadster, 4 Audi's & 3 Porsches including Audi "S4's as well as Carrera CR4's, and I can tell you I love my Cayenne. Heavy and not so fast, but all Porsche. Stock, the suspension feels as refined as any SUV on the planet and better than most cars including my wife's Audi A4. Built like a rock solid as one too, comfortable, luxurious and a good compromise between speed and economy. We just traveled across country as a family (6,000 miles) and we all still love this car. Can you say that!

Favorite Features

Suspension

Suggested Improvements

More mpg

Good value
By DM

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have been very pleased overall with this car. Best handling SUV out there (after driving all of them). Comfortable for me (I'm 6'5") but not for anyone behind me. Not a real good family car. Just not enough room for any length of time with kids or stuff. But the only Porsche you can take the family of 5 in. Could use more power and the mileage is not great for a V6.

Favorite Features

Handling. Sound system is good. Good build quality thus far. Get a lot for your money, all things considered. Comfortable for 4. Sounds great. Sport button is a blast.

Suggested Improvements

More power is needed. Had one recall for a fuel line. Occasionally get an indicator light that the headlights are out of alignment (that eventually goes away). Mileage is 13-14 and 19, pretty much as advertised.