2008 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:
Great SUV with ONE major flaw...
By jfcpamba on 11/16/12 08:24 AM (PST)

2008 Porsche Cayenne S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a used Cayenned S with 50k miles on it. It is a great vehicle as most of the reviewers have noted. However, there is one major flaw which no one has pointed to in their reviews. The front buckets seats are extremely uncomfortable, probably the worst I've ever sat on. The middle section is only about 16" wide and go up sharply from there to provide support, but it is extremely firm. My bottom side and hamstrings are literally sore after driving for an extended period of time. I am now driving with a pillow. A quick note, I am averaging about 15 MPG in mixed driving and the vehilce is solid. No other complaints other than those seats. C'mon Porsche, you can do better!

More than I expected in a SUV
By el415 on 01/04/11 14:11 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

You wonder how they do it, other than you being high off of the ground you hardly notice the weight and size of this car. No it doesn't have Porsche speed, but it's plenty quick for any base luxury SUV. I had a Discovery 2 and a 540i. It really drives a like the 540i, but not as quick, it's very similar to a 528i or an Audi A6 3.0. As to the Disco, the Cayenne is far more nimbler and much more responsive. It's a European sports sedan that's tall, big, and can go off-road (if that's important to you, check out videos on Youtube).

I'll wait for the Porsche minivan
By justbob on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Porsche Cayenne GTS Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great car! Just not what I needed it to be, which was something that was more comfortable for a small family. It's not Porsche' fault, I've just changed.

This Car Rocks!
By '08 Cayenne on 06/04/10 21:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned a BMW M Roadster, 4 Audi's & 3 Porsches including Audi "S4's as well as Carrera CR4's, and I can tell you I love my Cayenne. Heavy and not so fast, but all Porsche. Stock, the suspension feels as refined as any SUV on the planet and better than most cars including my wife's Audi A4. Built like a rock solid as one too, comfortable, luxurious and a good compromise between speed and economy. We just traveled across country as a family (6,000 miles) and we all still love this car. Can you say that!

Good value
By DM on 09/07/09 09:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have been very pleased overall with this car. Best handling SUV out there (after driving all of them). Comfortable for me (I'm 6'5") but not for anyone behind me. Not a real good family car. Just not enough room for any length of time with kids or stuff. But the only Porsche you can take the family of 5 in. Could use more power and the mileage is not great for a V6.

Awesome
By g p on 03/23/09 21:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

The only vehicle I've liked better is the Cayman. I love when I ask the car for power it responds, "Yes, sir! Right away, sir!" and we're gone.

Cayenne S
By mike on 03/18/09 18:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Never owned an SUV. Test drove many (X5,Range Rover, ML 350, Tahoe, Lexus) including the Cayenne and Cayenne S. The Porsche outperformed them all. Once you drive the S, the power, the energy was incredible. The base Cayenne was a nice drive, however, if you have the extra $15K go for the S - you will not be sorry. The S has incredible power and performance. Its like a jumbo jet racing down the runway, totally awesome. Very comfortable, sporty and drives much nicer than my 2001 C320 Benz that I traded in. No comparison. I highly recommend the Cayenne S.

Great car - like a big 911
By Mark Serjak on 02/01/09 12:53 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche Cayenne S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Porsche, have a 997 C4S. What surprised me the most was how close a 5000 pound vehicle can come to it. Great handling, engine, performance. Also it is a beast off-road. Don't expect much with MPG - the more fun the driving, the worse it gets. I've averaged 14mpg +/- since owning. Fit and finish are excellent, dealer as always has been exceptional.

Wish Porsche Got it Right, Rev. Blindly
By Donna Z on 01/16/09 15:34 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Although my Cayenne is sporty and zippy when necessary, Porsche has got some configuring to do. For starters, it is SMALL!!! Be prepared if you have kids, this is not the truck for you. There is little space to bring a SINGLE stroller along let alone anything else, groceries are impossible. The truck is a bit of a dog! Yes, you can pretend to drive it in manual but the fact is the truck doesn't have the sack you'd think it would have by its appearance... very disappointing!!! Lastly, but most importantly, reversing, this SUV is a nightmare. Visibility is nil... like reversing blind folded ! If you've got a car seat directly behind the driver's side, forget visibility altogether.

Nice Ride!
By dave on 09/10/08 16:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne GTS 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Spent about 2 weeks looking for the right car. New it when I found the GTS..Trading out of a land rover sport. But that's another story ... Porsche has done a great job- inside & out. Power out of the V-8 is great. Fit & finish also very nice.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.