second time around
By sonogun on
2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)
This 2006 replaced my 2004 turbo. Strangely, it is not as peppy in that the tranny does not adapt quickly enough for your spirited driving mood. This prompted me to put it on an all wheel Dino and it is putting out on the first pull but suffers from heat sink on the second and third pull. My 2004 lost the heating pipes and the Cardon shaft along the way to 100,000 miles where it loss the fuel pumps. During that span I did two brake jobs, replacing rotors both times. My 2006 six had 60,000 when I bought it and after 20.000, I have had zero repair cost.
Favorite Features
The best thing about this car is I feel the safety of a 5300 lbs of a tank that performs like a super car. There is no situation in any driving condition that this car will not get me through with little to no effort. Just point it and mash the pedal, rain or shine and hold on.
Suggested Improvements
A launch mode would have been nice where the car takes off in first gear but given the weakness and wear characteristics of the Cardon Shaft I would say that they are protecting the weak link in the drive train.